Optional Manager playing/coaching history

johnnycnandy

I've always wanted an option to add a rough playing and coaching history to my manager. There are several reasons for this. Let's say I am an Irish manager starting as a manger of Dortmund. Being able to add a history saying I played in germany would affect my language ability, as well as my reputation to this club/country. If my playing history is with Bayern, it would mean I would start with less confidence from the fans. This adds a bit of realism as situations like Rafa Benitez getting the Chelsea job and having to deal with fan outrage could be an extra challenge. Also, if I am a new manager getting a top job, it would be possible to put my history as a coach or assistant manager at the club previously, which would give the appointment a little more sense.  

Also, if you return to a club that you previously played for, you can get a little more patience and respect from the fans. Like if Ryan Giggs were to be appointed Man Utd manager, his reputation would be low for a job of that level, but the fans would be more likely to be behind him and show some patience.  

In practice, it would probably be best to be entirely optional (as it's likely not to everyone's taste) and doesn't have to be too deep. You can choose a few clubs that you played for and how many seasons you spent there. Or choose that you were under-23 manager/scout/youth coach for 2 seasons before being promoted to the top job.  I feel there are a lot of benefits and additional layers of challenge that can come with fleshing out your manager a little more.

• 5 months later...

Archived