Am I that bad...

Hello

Playing FM(t) For years and years now and for me it seems to get harder and harder. However last versions and now again in fmt 18 I have the same problem.  For example this career. Started with a team became 3 times champion and other titles then i changed teams did well in the beginning.  but now everything is bad.  passes are still good as long is it save passes, otherwise straight into opponent feet.  when there's a tackle ball is for the opponent, headers ball to the opponent,....  If I score most often a goal against whitin 5 minutes.  often i go down 1 or 2 goals, change some tactics and come even or in front.  When this happens i am 90% shure a goal will come in 85 min or later.  Changing tactics, formations,... nothing helps.

Sometimes it seems that everything is against my squad. This goes on for a few weeks/months and after that things seems to be normal.  but this happens nearly every season.  Theres a huge diffrence in losing in those weeks then when it feels normal for me.  In those weeks losing and seeing what players on pitch do is so frustrating.

Is this a normal thing or a game issue.  Or have I just lost it :-).

grts

I think more than ever before in the series, you need to analyse...

You say you are losing, passing astray, giving away leads...

you need to look into why these things are happening.

If I spot a pattern of bad behaviour, lets take giving away a lead, I will pause, look at the analysis of a game and see where it's going wrong, i.e are you far too open, is your high press, high line game working for the first 60 minutes but is your tream tiring after that? or are they lacking in determination or natural fitness? Are your team weak to counter attacks? is there a particular weakness in the your side that your opposition is exploiting? 

I look at everything and look to solve the issues i see.. I almost guarantee that 90% of the people who lose a lead in a match will just go super attacking and try and claw back their lead without any regard of how that effects the overall game.

There are books worth of content here and elsewhere about how to improve etc in the tactical discussion sections , it's just a matter of looking for it and giving it a go.. 

Hope it improves for you!

On 17/05/2018 at 23:16, jbjAgent said:

Hello

Playing FM(t) For years and years now and for me it seems to get harder and harder. However last versions and now again in fmt 18 I have the same problem.  For example this career. Started with a team became 3 times champion and other titles then i changed teams did well in the beginning.  but now everything is bad.  passes are still good as long is it save passes, otherwise straight into opponent feet.  when there's a tackle ball is for the opponent, headers ball to the opponent,....  If I score most often a goal against whitin 5 minutes.  often i go down 1 or 2 goals, change some tactics and come even or in front.  When this happens i am 90% shure a goal will come in 85 min or later.  Changing tactics, formations,... nothing helps.

Sometimes it seems that everything is against my squad. This goes on for a few weeks/months and after that things seems to be normal.  but this happens nearly every season.  Theres a huge diffrence in losing in those weeks then when it feels normal for me.  In those weeks losing and seeing what players on pitch do is so frustrating.

Is this a normal thing or a game issue.  Or have I just lost it :-).

grts

Hi, I had the same problem you’ve had over the past couple of versions as in found the game harder and harder. After a few seasons I found I always started to struggle from October to February. I change formations different players nothing seem to change. I then gave up went to Italy, didn’t have the problem in Italy or Spain or Portugal. The problem I figured out was the weather!! Due to bad weather in England during the autum/winter months my tactics were effected by the adverse weather conditions I adjusted them accordingly and after a game or two I started to turn it round not had any problems since. 

Am not saying this might work for you you may not even be managing in England but just tweak your tactics. 

Hope this helps.  

thanks for the answers.  I'm playing with Monaco for the moment.  Maybe i just overestimated the sqaud :-).  I will tweak some more, but eventually i always come back to my favorite setup.  

always wanted my players to follow me :-).  Not me following the players.  normally with a compromise in the first season(s) this works.  But sometimes out of the blue it all falls apart.  Season is just underway and already 9 points down on PSG.  hope i can still turn it arround. 
At least I hope the manner of losing will go back to normal :-).

Archived