This Valencia team is causing the league problems

Simple 4-3-3 .midfield and attack full of workrate

Parejo is the glue. never makes a mistake and has 92% pass accuracy from13 games!

although a striker, Zaza is my 1st line of defence. Deadly infront of goal for me this season as well.

Still trying to find balance in defence but the potential is there.

319718871_ScreenShot2018-05-16at16_03_51.thumb.png.0267d3fbddd25f5e6a652a91cfb92095.png

I feel i need a centre back. i leak goals in my opinion. i have conceded about 19 goals in 17 league games. poor!

But i am happy that we find consistency in winning. shows the team gels!

1694330334_ScreenShot2018-05-16at16_06_38.thumb.png.08956b35f82cc41cdcae60e1e37c728d.png

I just want champions league football although European football at any level would be a success.

I need another 2 or three seasons to break the top three (atleti/madrid/barca)

489811923_ScreenShot2018-05-16at16_04_51.thumb.png.d5d5ab1ff83eab216bbd6a443c703531.png

If you are doing a long term save, I just signed a 17 yr old CB - Dario Maresic, who is already going straight into the first team whilst I have some injuries. Certainly looks like he will turn out good. Only cost £1.5m.

I'm Leverkusen so similar ball park to Valencia... in fact I'm playing pretty much the same tactic with a DF as lone striker. I switch between DM and AM... only a few games in can't decide which is better... my DFs all have 'play with bak to goal' so I have them on support holding the ball up, which lends itself to an AM(a) ... but I'm quite weak at the back without a DM... so in my last game I used DM instead of AM and just reduced tempo & passing so I could get the wingers and cms closer to the striker.

24 minutes ago, Tunafishdon said:

I feel i need a centre back. i leak goals in my opinion. i have conceded about 19 goals in 17 league games. poor!

Well just looking at your tactic, you have 2 out of your 4 defenders with attack duties, and not much cover for them. Maybe you do need a CB, but you could have the best in the world and still concede a lot with that formation IMO

41 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

If you are doing a long term save, I just signed a 17 yr old CB - Dario Maresic, who is already going straight into the first team whilst I have some injuries. Certainly looks like he will turn out good. Only cost £1.5m.

I'm Leverkusen so similar ball park to Valencia... in fact I'm playing pretty much the same tactic with a DF as lone striker. I switch between DM and AM... only a few games in can't decide which is better... my DFs all have 'play with bak to goal' so I have them on support holding the ball up, which lends itself to an AM(a) ... but I'm quite weak at the back without a DM... so in my last game I used DM instead of AM and just reduced tempo & passing so I could get the wingers and cms closer to the striker.

I would love to see your Leverkusen tactic if possible. Im sure Leon Bailey is running things for you! I checked out Dario as well. I am scouting him at the moment. he seems pretty serious!... I have the players to play with an AMC by the way. like Franco Vazquez for example. But i feel i need more defensive minded players on the pitch to keep us competitive. 

1 minute ago, Tunafishdon said:

Franco Vazquez

He was on my shortlist :D opted for Ganso and Correia instead because they were available on loan where Franco was only available for transfer (unless I was willing to pay something like £300k per month to loan him).

I'm only a few games in as I started the save last night... Bailey is an enigma - has all the attributes to be a really good left winger... but has PPM 'likes to cut inside' so I've currently got him on the right, but still in the Wing role -> hopefully with his PPM it will see him try to beat defenders both outside and in.

Volland is my Zaza until Alario is back (he has a global ban for first few months).

I'll try grab some screen shots tonight - the only issue is I'm doing it as part of Herne's challenge #2 so not using any PI and just 2 TI :D So going to take me 6 months or so into the save before I start seeing the PPMs I need in all areas.

TBF though several of the midfielders, and my signings, have PPM 'plays one twos', 'looks to pass rather than shoot'... so im hoping to see plenty of patient build ups to clinical goals.

Archived