Editor improvements/ personalization

strateeg32

I always purchase the editor and put my friends into my games (ironically after showing them the option, some purchased fm aswell), but I find it difficult to really showcase them well.

I will try to explain the problem first:

You can indeed capture their mentality, like loyalty and temper. But it is difficult to capture their qualities and physique, especially when put in your younger friends or make your older friends begin at 15/16. Sure I want some randomness in it and for them to grow differently every game. Yet there are still some stuff they should excel in more than others. For example lets say I want to put a friend in there, age 16, potential -8 and who is good at free kicks, corners, long distance shots and is quite fast. But terrible at heading and has poor stamina.

Then the editor for me is difficult to use, since I don't know which stats I need to give him for these qualities. I want to capture his strong points and make those the points which can really develop, while I want his bad sides to remain his bad sides, sure they can improve but should always be the worst of his qualities or at least he can't turn all of these bad qualities into the average or above average range for his potential.    Basically if my friend lives up to his potential and gets into the -8 range, his best qualities should be of -8 or above quality while his worst qualities or at least some of them should be lets say around the level which a player with current ability of 120-130 would have.

So in a nutshell it would help if it would be easier to indicate which stats your own designed player excels in and which he is average in and which below average (not only absolutely but also the option to make this relative to his potential, because lets say you make a wonderkid, you want the stuff that he 'sucks' at, to be still higher than average players). So if you design a young player, it should be possible to set the maximum for some stats and a way to tell the editor that if he would reach full potential his stats should be something like this (leaving room for randomness and deviations of these stats for different qualities). The editor should then downgrade and adjust every stat so that it fits his age and current ability.

Especially with a 16 year old, I don't know what kind of stats would be normal and which would be high. Therefore I would like to see an option just to say editor, these are his stats for some qualities when he is around full potential, downgrade them appropriately to the CA and the qualities I leave blank you can fill in yourself editor.

I hope that I explained it a bit clearly, because this personal experience and option to share with friends and basically a bit of story building, really improves my enjoyment. Some of funniest moments where when friends showed/shared me the silly or awesome stuff that 'I' did in their games.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. I would welcome any idea that allows for more personalization and which would make the editor have more options and more importantly easier to use. But as I understand it, you want to have an extra column that lets you restrict the maximum stats for a certain characteristic? Basically someone who smokes should not be able to get high stamina even if he becomes player with current ability of 200? I like the idea of shaping a player, making unique strikers or defenders with weird qualities, but I still would like to have random part and now know his maximum. Therefore in my opinion, there are two equal or better options. 1. Get more help from editor, put in the maximum PA and current age, then editor would suggest which CA he should have now to be able to reach that PA and what other similar players with those stats would have as CA. This advice could be in light grey in the CA box, then if you can put your own figure in that box (taking over advice, anchoring + adjusting or not following advice at all). So light grey and usual editor color are used as distinguishment for editor advice and the info you put down yourself. Then with that CA+PA+age the editor would fill in with grey the stats (based on what is normall plus some random aspect), and then you can just play with it a little.  This stats for his characteristics are the stats he would have in a new game at the start and you can just up some characteristics by taking points from characteristics you want to have lower. In other words you want finishing to be higher but speed to be lower so you take points from speed and put it into finishing. 2. Just have option that lets you choose either actual numbers or just column next to it which lets you say strong point, neutral, weak point. So editor will randomly fill in the player and every new game the player will be bit different but he will always be a poor speed or stamina person. How poor varies per new game, following for example a normall distribution.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm, in my opinion, this is still one of best suggestions. I hope FM will review this. It would be awesome to put myself in the game or movie/series characters and really allow to personalize their traits and strengths/weaknesses based upon the real life and shows respectively.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived