Promoting from NPL using secondary divisions

HvemErHrGokkesen

I am creating a league of Danish, Norwegian and Swedish teams. The lowest playable league is the third tier, which has three teams relegated. I would like the teams promoted from the non-playable fourth tier to the third tier to be one Danish, one Norwegian and one Swedish.

I've sorted all teams in three secondary divisions, identifying their nationalities, but I can't figure out a way to use it in order to promote one team of each nationality.

If anybody knows how, I would be very grateful! 

I couldn't figure out how the relegated teams were supposed to enter the right division by your suggested system, but you gave me the idea doing something similar, so thank you!

The 3. tier has 42 teams which by season start are divided into 3 groups by latiture (followed by joint promotion play-off).

I just mimicked this system in the lower league, so that the 162 teams are divided into three groups and one team from each group is promoted to the 3. tier. This doesn't exactly course one team from each nation to be promoted, but it makes it far more equal than before.

50 minutes ago, HvemErHrGokkesen said:

But how will the relegated teams then distribute themselves to the child divisions?

good question. i forgot its 3 nations competition. you added this competition to some nation or its continental comp?

12 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

good question. i forgot its 3 nations competition. you added this competition to some nation or its continental comp?

I've used Denmark as nation for the competition. All teams from Norway and Sweden are now in the Danish league system.

1 hour ago, HvemErHrGokkesen said:

I've used Denmark as nation for the competition. All teams from Norway and Sweden are now in the Danish league system.

Then its not problem to set regional divisions for all teams.

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Then its not problem to set regional divisions for all teams.

So I've set regional divisions for all the teams and when they are relegated to the lower division, they end up in the correct child division.

However, I still don't get one team from each division/nation to promote.

The lower division has three child competitions. I've tried to have one team from each to be promoted by making three rounds in the lower division. They get teams from each child competetion with one promotion place, still the promoted teams seem random. Like 2 Norwegian and 1 Swedish.

8 hours ago, HvemErHrGokkesen said:

So I've set regional divisions for all the teams and when they are relegated to the lower division, they end up in the correct child division.

However, I still don't get one team from each division/nation to promote.

The lower division has three child competitions. I've tried to have one team from each to be promoted by making three rounds in the lower division. They get teams from each child competetion with one promotion place, still the promoted teams seem random. Like 2 Norwegian and 1 Swedish.

upload your file

9 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

upload your file

Here it is. In this version I've tried creating rounds for each child division with individual promoting places, but in-game it stil doesn't result in one team from each nation/child division getting promoted.

Your solution with using regional division settings for the relegated teams works. My only problem now is that I can't make it so that 1 team from each child division/nation gets promoted from Scandinavian Leagues to Skandinaviske 2. Division. Thank you so much for looking into it.

Skandi 28.fmf

16 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Huddinge IF have wrong regional divisions.

This should work.

5a9d14555c0d6_Skandi28.fmf

I just ran two tests of your file and the promoted teams are still the same. Thanks for the tip about Huddinge. Here are the promoted teams:

Test 1
Season 2:
Örgryte IS (Swedish Leagues)
Åsane (Norwegian Leagues)
Landskrona BOIS (Swedish Leagues)

Season 3:
Gefle IF (Swedish Leagues)
Varbergs BOiS (Swedish Leagues)
Elverum (Norwegian)

Season 4:
Fredrikstad (Norwegian Leagues)
Nest-Sotra (Norwegian Leagues)
Strømmen (Norwegian Leagues)

Test 2:
Season 2:
Örgryte IS (Swedish Leagues)
Gefle IF (Swedish Leagues)
Landskrona BOIS (Swedish Leagues)

Season 3:
Kongsvinger (Norwegian Leagues)
Jerv (Norwegian Leagues)
Nest-Sotra (Norwegian Leagues)

Season 4:
Mjøndalen (Norwegian Leagues)
Varbergs BOiS (Swedish Leagues)
Arendal (Norwegian Leagues)

21 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

No if you set leagues as playable - everything will be ok

Indeed, it works now with your suggestion. The fourth tier is playable but without any teams relegating from / being promoted to it. I just choose not to have it playable when I set up my game. Thank you for your help.

5 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Have you tried using "Preferred Lower Division Teams For Promotion" under competitions? Set one for each regional division, give minimum teams 1, maximum teams 1.

yeah this can help probably. i never tried to use this TBH...

Archived