Assistant Manager Contract

I have been trying to get rid of my AM for about 3 years but every time i go to terminate his contract it appears to have been extended. I'm playing in LL so cant afford his compensation as it would be just about all my transfer budget - is this right?? The same is true of my HoY as well. It's very frustrating. How do i know when it is going to be extended? 

Isn't it displayed on his contract details if there is an automatic extension clause?

Have you been promoted? There is a clause that activates extension upon promotion.

Have you handed over the responsibility of staff hiring/contract negotiations to one of your staff? Could he be giving himself extensions because it's his duty?

• 2 weeks later...

No i cant see any thing that suggests anyone else is renewing contracts and i hadn't been promoted. Every time i look on the staff page their contract end date seems to match the date in the game + 1 year like they are on rolling contracts. Its very frustrating. I'll maybe raise in the bugs forum if no one else is having the issue.

I think when I posted my reply I failed to realize I was posting in the Touch forum. I think that's right, that the contracts are rolling, so you'll need to eat a little mutual termination money I suppose.

Archived