Work permit rejected

Apologies if this has already been brought up before, I signed a Norwegian regen for my blyth Spartans team, hes got loads of potential so went to offer him a new contract but it' been rejected since Britain left the eu, is there anything I can do about this or is he just going to leave on a free in 6 months time when his contract runs out :(

hace 50 minutos, stainyg dijo:

Apologies if this has already been brought up before, I signed a Norwegian regen for my blyth Spartans team, hes got loads of potential so went to offer him a new contract but it' been rejected since Britain left the eu, is there anything I can do about this or is he just going to leave on a free in 6 months time when his contract runs out :(

unfortunaly there is no real way to get around it if you sign him before brexit, you can keep him, but you have to loan him so he doesnt end up as dead weight, the only way you could keep him playing for you is that norway get to the top 50 nations and the player gets some caps, that or sell/free him and buy him for 2.7M (in my save thats the limit that gives points for appeal, and offer him a salary at the top 50% of the team and you will get the permit, since you are in non-league i think thats not possible tho...

Edit: the more extreme way is to sign him but wait for him to get england nationality...but by that time you should be at least entering in league football or he will be angry due to no playing time

hace 51 minutos, pdstanbridge dijo:

If you wanted to do a little 'cheat' and have the editor you could always add a secondary nation, then apply for a permit. I've done this once or twice I admit, but in these cases the players parents had dual nationality ;)

well...if the player has potential for at least League football i could swallow my pride a little.

hace 28 minutos, JordanMillward_1 dijo:

Perhaps try using your Director of Football to renew his contract? I used that before with Marco Grujic at Liverpool to get him a new contract despite not qualifying for a work permit when I'd tried.

Work Permit issues start after the player accepts the contract, he can't sign until the work permit stuff is done, your case is that premier league has different rules for non english players, just limiting the number, while the lower leagues need work permit.

1 hour ago, WorcesterLegend said:

Work Permit issues start after the player accepts the contract, he can't sign until the work permit stuff is done, your case is that premier league has different rules for non english players, just limiting the number, while the lower leagues need work permit.

Nah, this was before Brexit, when Marco Grujic, as a Serbian (which wasn't in the top 50 FIFA ranking at the time), wasn't eligible for a contract renewal whenever I tried it, but the DoF pulled it off.

hace 15 horas, JordanMillward_1 dijo:

Nah, this was before Brexit, when Marco Grujic, as a Serbian (which wasn't in the top 50 FIFA ranking at the time), wasn't eligible for a contract renewal whenever I tried it, but the DoF pulled it off.

afaik before brexit you can get mostly any european player if they are interested in your team, i do remember some nations join the EU after some years in the game, i think serbia is one of those, on top of that DoF maybe put some numbers that made the work permit pass if serbia wasnt in EU (top 50% of salary, is in one of the 6 top leagues and transfer money paid, being the last one not your case),  i remember buying an colombian player while i was in League 2 and had to overpay the player so he could pass the Work Permit system

Archived