Which attributes fill out the "attribute analysis" octagon?

This is what I mean:

0BpCTTJ.png

Reason I ask is it's not very clear. Examples:

Here are the attributes for the above 2 players:

cldRbJK.png

Technical: 10/11 average - shows 14/14 on the octagon

Mental: 12/11 average - shows 12/12 on the octagon

Physical: 10/11 average - shows 10/10 on the octagon

So the 3 I thought would add up to averages don't add up, so there must be a different calculation going on. Does anyone know them, as the others aren't quite as simple either. I mean vision is clearly not just the vision attribute, what else goes into it?

6 hours ago, Pattric_b said:

Technical: dribbling, first touch, technique, 

Mental: anticipation, bravery, concentration, decisions, determination, teamwork

Physical: agility, balance, stamina, strength

This is what it was in 17, probably still the same for 18.

What about the other 5?

11 hours ago, Pattric_b said:

Technical: dribbling, first touch, technique, 

Mental: anticipation, bravery, concentration, decisions, determination, teamwork

Physical: agility, balance, stamina, strength

This is what it was in 17, probably still the same for 18.

1 hour ago, Pattric_b said:

Surly!

Aerial: heading, jumping reach

Attacking: finishing, composure, off the ball

Defending: marking, tackling, positioning

Speed: acceleration, pace

Vision: passing, flair, vision

Looks like you are correct, thank you for this :)

it is worth noting that it rounds down not up, so 8.6 average = 8 not 9.

@Pattric_b

I find it strange that aggression, leadership and work rate are not included in the 'mental' calculation and natural fitness is omitted from the 'physical' calculation. You could also argue that long shots should feed into 'attacking' and I would probably have lumped crossing into the 'technical' category.

59 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

@Pattric_b

I find it strange that aggression, leadership and work rate are not included in the 'mental' calculation and natural fitness is omitted from the 'physical' calculation. You could also argue that long shots should feed into 'attacking' and I would probably have lumped crossing into the 'technical' category.

I have no idea. But I threw all the stats into excel and done an average on those listed and it worked out right. So it seems to be correct.

Unsure why certain ones are left out.

No problem @craiigman!

4 hours ago, The Enforcer said:

@Pattric_b

Yeah I've always wondered as well. I figure it's so you can look at the graph quickly to see the players strong areas? Like if you look just at the polygraph and see the player has more speed than anything you can presume he is probably a wide player. Or if they have mostly defending, aerial and physical attributes then the player is usually suited to play center back. 

Archived