5 matches in 12 days is unreal!

My club has been playing 2 to 3 matches every week!  Below you see 5 matches in 12 days!

This is very unrealistic, even for a disorganized country like Brazil (I've been coaching Flamengo and now Sport Recife).

Can someone in the product team please check this, and try fix the calendar algorithm?...

aaagames.png

3 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

My club has been playing 2 to 3 matches every week!  Below you see 5 matches in 12 days!

This is very unrealistic, even for a disorganized country like Brazil (I've been coaching Flamengo and now Sport Recife).

Can someone in the product team please check this, and try fix the calendar algorithm?...

aaagames.png

A very quick google search shows that Sport Recife had about the same amount of matches (with 3 matches a week too) last year IRL in March.

8 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

A very quick google search shows that Sport Recife had about the same amount of matches (with 3 matches a week too) last year IRL in March.

My google search shows that Recife usually played once or twice a week (Only once in 2017 it played 4 times in 10 days):
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=_pU8WqidNMGk_QaWzYywAg&q=sport+recife+calendar&oq=sport+recife+calendar&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1l3.1399.6216.0.6450.32.22.5.4.4.0.227.2151.15j6j1.22.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.31.2175.0..0j0i131k1j0i10k1.0.d333R1H7f2M#sie=t;/m/02vpvk;2;/m/0fnk7q;mt;fp;1

Hunt3R, instead of dismissing my comments (throughout the forum and over the years), you could try to listen and see my point more seriously. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Hunt3R, instead of dismissing my comments (throughout the forum and over the years), you could try to listen and see my point more seriously. Thanks.

I was on point. As I said, I quickly googled it. April 2017 - they played matches on the 4th (Tue), 6th (Thu), 9th (Sun) as an example. 

I'm not dismissing anything, however, if you have a bug to report, please do it in the bugs forum. 

Its not uncommon to have many games per season in Brazil

If your in many of the competitions you can expect to play A LOT of matches

Your in the Nordeste cup, Copa do Brasil and State Championship. all which are usually finished before the national league starts except for maybe copa do brasil

You should rotate your team, play lots of players you would not play necessarily in the national league as you will usually play tons of lower tier teams

Here is my first season with Sampaio Corrêa before the national league even starts (serie c team)

27224h6.png

3 hours ago, RiruKiria said:

Its not uncommon to have many games per season in Brazil

If your in many of the competitions you can expect to play A LOT of matches

Your in the Nordeste cup, Copa do Brasil and State Championship. all which are usually finished before the national league starts except for maybe copa do brasil

You should rotate your team, play lots of players you would not play necessarily in the national league as you will usually play tons of lower tier teams

Here is my first season with Sampaio Corrêa before the national league even starts (serie c team)

27224h6.png

Yes, I agree, thanks for sharing your information. My point is that this seems to be much worse in FM than in real life. Upon complaints of players and managers, league organizers would scramble to reschedule games in a more humane fashion.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen in real life, but it's way worse (and unrealistic) in FM.

As a brazilian, I would like to give some context. In Brazil, every year there are State championships and the National League, besides some Cups which not every team plays. 

So, the calendar looks something like this:

• 18 dates to the state championship
  • 38 dates to the National championship
  • Up to 14 dates on Copa do Brasil (national cup)
  • Up to 8 games on Nordestão (Northeastern states cup, as your club is) or Primeira Liga (south and southeastern teams cup)

If you have a Continental competition, it can add up to 12 (Sulamericana) or 18 (Libertadores) dates, on maximum.

It's very common to brazilian teams to play "quarta-domingo" (wednesday-sunday) for weeks in a row. Our teams really play a lot of games.

A real life example: Corinthians, the Brazilian champion, played 71 games and Grêmio, the Libertadores champions, played 79 games this season. That's 11 or 19 more than Real Madrid played in 2016-17, when they won La Liga, Champions League and the Club World Cup.

EDIT:

Here is 2018 calendar: https://cdn.cbf.com.br/content/201709/20170929192109_0.pdf

3 minutes ago, felipencntst said:

It's very common to brazilian teams to play "quarta-domingo" (wednesday-sunday) for weeks in a row. Our teams really play a lot of games.

Exactly. I'm used to the quarta-domingo system, but 5 matches in 12 days is insane.  Recife did play 4 matches in 11 days in 2017 (in real life), but that happened only once, whereas in FM18, it's happening way too often.

Archived