How to get MORE REGENS from SMALL COUNTRIES?

I've been always wanted to recruit players from small countries and make the player star of their country... but not too sure where to start with having so little regen players every year.

I would like to get More regens from Small countries where theres no leagues active to play (ex:fiji , iceland , north korea etc..)

Something to do with Custom Database settings?

You need to add those leagues to the game. Only active leagues generates more than just the random players. 

As some editors like Claassen offers league packs you should wait until they are ready and load some of them into your save.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You need to add those leagues to the game. Only active leagues generates more than just the random players. 

As some editors like Claassen offers league packs you should wait until they are ready and load some of them into your save.

So Custom Database doesnt affect any changes on amount of regen players at all?

(If yes, then I dont have to activate so much players from countries cuz all Im looking for is regen players)

Usually when one player retires another is generated. There is some randomness which nation he will have, but the game database needs a balance, therefore it is usually 1:1 replacement.

7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Usually when one player retires another is generated. There is some randomness which nation he will have, but the game database needs a balance, therefore it is usually 1:1 replacement.

Much appreciated, helped a lot brother!

Just one more question,

Is there difference between activating only 1st division league or full 6th division league in amount of regen players? (considering I'll activate Spanish Italy German 1st division if this info helps)

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Only if you tick "add players to playable leagues", this will fill-up all squads with generated players. Usually 16 for every team, age 15 to 29.

How about difference between activating only english 1st divison or 6th divison in amont of regen players 'every year'?

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2017 at 00:26, kelette said:

Thanks a lot mate! Helped me out A LOT!

Hope others who have same question as mine read this and get it clear too

Hi. I am also interested in assembling a team with only players from very small countries, such as north korea and fiji as you mentioned, or slightly higher reputation countries like Iran, Honduras, Togo. I have tried to start a game with huge database and activate almost all European playable leagues, but the quality and quantity of small countries' regens are still low; actually I think the quality of small countries regens is lower when I use the huge database. And countries like Iran and Algeria produce zero regens in the first 3 years. And for many occasions, there are many regens created as a free player(no club) and almost all of them have a PA under 100.

Did you find an effective way to at least increase the number of new regens from these small countries in FM18?

In FM17 I had a Vietnam player with a PA 178. In one of my FM14 saves, there was a "golden generation" of Indonesia football (many of them have a PA of 130 or so and 1 with 180+), and they even qualified for the world cup, that was fun! (I did not activate Indonesia league)

I remember when FM12 or 13 or even earlier(can't remember exactly, I have played all FM games) there were tons of high quality regens from small countries. I actually had a team with players from countries like St.Lucia, Saint Maarten and Sudan lol. Too many of them would make the game boring as well, but at least countries like Algeria, Iran, or Honduras should produce some decent players every few years. (PA 150 or so).

Any SI staff can help with this? Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Yeovil said:

Hi. I am also interested in assembling a team with only players from very small countries, such as north korea and fiji as you mentioned, or slightly higher reputation countries like Iran, Honduras, Togo. I have tried to start a game with huge database and activate almost all European playable leagues, but the quality and quantity of small countries' regens are still low; actually I think the quality of small countries regens is lower when I use the huge database. And countries like Iran and Algeria produce zero regens in the first 3 years. And for many occasions, there are many regens created as a free player(no club) and almost all of them have a PA under 100.

Did you find an effective way to at least increase the number of new regens from these small countries in FM18?

In FM17 I had a Vietnam player with a PA 178. In one of my FM14 saves, there was a "golden generation" of Indonesia football (many of them have a PA of 130 or so and 1 with 180+), and they even qualified for the world cup, that was fun! (I did not activate Indonesia league)

I remember when FM12 or 13 or even earlier(can't remember exactly, I have played all FM games) there were tons of high quality regens from small countries. I actually had a team with players from countries like St.Lucia, Saint Maarten and Sudan lol. Too many of them would make the game boring as well, but at least countries like Algeria, Iran, or Honduras should produce some decent players every few years. (PA 150 or so).

Any SI staff can help with this? Thanks!

you have to use the editor to do that

2 minutes ago, *losestonon-league* said:

you have to use the editor to do that

which attributes should I change? I think youth ratings would only improve the PA, but not the number of newgen players created each year.

1 minute ago, Yeovil said:

which attributes should I change? I think youth ratings would only improve the PA, but not the number of newgen players created each year.

I misunderstood what you were asking, if you want more regens you need to add in custom or official leagues into the game

pretty much this: Playable > View only > Not added

Just now, *losestonon-league* said:

I misunderstood what you were asking, if you want more regens you need to add in custom or official leagues into the game

pretty much this: Playable > View only > Not added

I understand....so if I want players from countries like algeria, congo, honduras, I have to find custom leagues? I hope there is a easier way to achieve it.

6 minutes ago, Yeovil said:

I understand....so if I want players from countries like algeria, congo, honduras, I have to find custom leagues? I hope there is a easier way to achieve it.

Sadly not that I know of, however loading USA as playable provides a youth intake with fairly varied regen nationalities, plus they are on amateur contracts so they can be instantly signed

On 11/18/2017 at 16:03, KUBI said:

Hey Kubi I know your reply is a couple of months old but as I understand it FM hasn't worked this way since newgens replaced regens.

Newgens have no link to players who retire and retirement doesn't trigger newgens being created.

2 hours ago, *losestonon-league* said:

Sadly not that I know of, however loading USA as playable provides a youth intake with fairly varied regen nationalities, plus they are on amateur contracts so they can be instantly signed

Yes, I have noticed this. There are many players with a second nationality in USA.

Don't know if it's still in the game but Reunion used to produce a ridiculous number of good newgens for its size, as did a few other obscure islands. My best ever keeper came from Reunion and must have had 200PA, 20s in most stats and worth 40 million (highest value on that game) by 22. Crazy.

Archived