Probably blind.

On that Analysis page, the title for the "Match Stats >" widget is clickable (because some genius thought that would be obvious). That brings up a monstrous opaque popup (it's not like you wanted to watch the game, anyway!). Click the tab up the top corresponding to the detailed stats you want to see. However, despite this popup occupying the entire screen, only a few stats are shown at a time for your team and the rest is a vast plane of unused space. If you want to fill this space with more stats, you can right click and... nah, just kidding, that would be too easy! What you actually need to do to see more stats is find the little dropdown menu at the top of the popup, and choose another category so that a few different stats will now be crammed next to that huge empty space. To really emphasise the UI's contempt for you, the headers are cryptically abbreviated (eg. "TOT/ONT") so that even less information can be squished into an even smaller space, leaving more room for the vacant grey expanse covering the majority of your screen. There are 6 options in that dropdown, so once you've painstakingly finished going through all of those (I hope you paused the game going on in the background that you haven't been able to see all this time) then you don't need to bother paying any attention to the one you leave it on because it will default back to the first option anyway. To get back to the game, there's a tiny "Ok" button down in the bottom right corner (and, as always, don't fret about leaving it on the page for your team's stats, as the game will inconveniently reset back to the default tab anyway!). 

In summary, in FM17 it was as simple as clicking once on the appropriate tab to see all of your team's stats (all the while being able to see the game in the background), then clicking once back to the game (or you could even leave it there!). 2 clicks.

In FM18, if you want to see how many saves your GK has made, it's now minimum 7 clicks all over the screen each and every time, unable to see the game the whole time. 

Whoever designed this UI should be taken out back and put down.

Have to agree FM18 is cluncky in many ways, where FM17 was so intuitive a 3 year old could find what he needed.
IE: in a preseason friendly I had used all my subs when Giroud got injured, spent 3 minutes trying to get him off the pitch coz the continue button looked greyed out. I finally just tried to press it and I could finish the match. Hehe.
Mbchuz's post above cracked me up, coz I can relate to the frustration of not finding things in FM18 :)

I don't understand who approved this decision to hide the match stats panel so far under all the cluncky UI? i always monitored my stats and opponent stats for passes made, shots, crosses etc. Now we have to click several time to access this tab.

i agree with mbchuz, the designer of the UI and who approved it should be put down.

Archived