FM18 Scouting Costs?!

Getting into a new season as AFC Telford i began with a scouting budget of 6.5k. 

I have been scouting regular players from the  new scouting center, both those recommended to me and those recommending themselves as free agents along with anyone else who caught the eye. 

Fast forward to November and i took a quick glance at the finance screen ans saw that my balance was just over zero. Futher delving showed scouting costs of nearly 400k. My scouting budget is sat at 5k still but i have no idea of the cost of scouting an individual player suffice to say that it must add up pretty quickly if a Vanorama North side can spend nearly half a million before Christmas!

Is it a bug?

Can we see a breakdown of costs of scouting anywhere other than the full cost detailed on the finance screen in expenses?

Further to this can we sort through player recommendations in the scouting center? If scouting is going to be so expensive and i have 20 recommendations to go through for the last week but I can only see the first one before needing to make a decision on it to see the next one then i am potentially going to overspend scouting more players than i need too? Its like having to stick or twist in poker only this is football and i should be able to know all my available options before deciding to scout or discard the player no?

21 hours ago, Thebaker said:

It does seem excessively expensive for scouting at lower levels - you should see a price to scout a player before you click ok.

That would be a great little addition, even if it was just an approximate figure to keep it realistic. A lot easier to help budgeting.

19 hours ago, mrdanbartlett said:

This guy posted a good breakdown of scouting costs towards the end of his video

Great video with some great advice, would love to know how he got the figures! 

Archived