[FM18] Elvis Isn't Dead .... Journeyman Career

AGBManager

Before i get into this career update thread i just want to give a little background on myself, played football manager on and off for about 8 years but never really had a long career .... which i'm hoping to change with this save. I have been reading a lot of career updates on this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed them which has inspired me to start my own, any feedback on my writing style/ improvements please do leave them below as i am way off the quality most people have on these forums.

Anyway let's jump right into it.

After failing miserable at being an Elvis tribute act Elvis Piely has decided to have a stab at a career in football management, 'If Roy Hodgson can do it i bloody can' is his motto.

Elvis Piely

image.thumb.png.5e9bc99ca004065ec32cefab40b2c183.png

He had a very brief and uninspiring player career in his earlier years but having played for the same amateur team as Joe Hart (Saha Football Club) he always uses that to make himself sound a whole lot better than he was, and maybe he can use the same BS to talk his way into some bigger clubs.

image.thumb.png.053f3c8d61cf93234aea8aa9a6cab8b2.png

As such Piely's past playing experience has been set accordingly to Sunday League Footballer (which is definitely still a stretch with him failing to make contact with the ball more often than not), and using some of his tribute act money has bagged himself the National C license on the 12th time of asking.

image.thumb.png.f86f4ea1cce1037f824031875907791c.png

A whole array of leagues have been selected to increase his chances of some clueless chairman taking him in and as such many jobs are already available! I will re-join you once Piely has got off his ass and decided which positions he is optimistically going to apply for, if by some miracle he gets an interview in his words not mine 'I will wow them with my Charisma and will be offered the job on the spot' .... of course you will Piely of course you will.

image.png

Luckily Piely's usual arrogance hasn't continued when applying for jobs in football management, i fully expected the vacant Everton job to be the first he handed his bare CV into but fortunately he has gone for 2 jobs in the lowest tier of English football and the other in the lowest tier in German football (that's available on football manager anyway). Now we play the waiting game but with Piely yet to have a 'proper' job in his 24 years sitting around at home is something all to familiar for him, as i'm sure you can tell from his picture above. 

image.thumb.png.36d802ca543dbf8bd16668f74e1716f7.png

If one of these clubs were to at least laugh off Piely's interest we will be making progress, that is one more club (the only club) that has seen Piely's name when it comes to football.

image.thumb.png.81914f6e314b6490680f2c49d8f8cc1c.png

Well that took didn't take long 10 hours after applying for the Osnabruck job Piely has already been pied off (pied off get it hahaha .....) They obviously saw right through his CV and the part in bold saying I HELPED JOE HART BECOME THE PLAYER HE IS TODAY, which we all know is one of the biggest lies in football.

Miracles do happen as Piely gets his first managerial job interview (and in fact his first job interview ever!) for the second divsion Chilean side Cobreloa and is hoping to woo Walter.

59fa33242a4f7_FirstInterview.thumb.png.899320106b88b0cfed31c229329e07a2.png

59fa33a012992_WooWalter.thumb.png.1d350a0b9d3239915858038d2b77c7c1.png

Questions about Piely's inability to speak the language cause some difficult's and unsurprisingly he isn't offered the job right after the interview, but there still is hope and he hopes to hear back in the next few days.

After the first interview the ball starts rolling and Vanarama National League South side Bognor Regis decide to give Piely his second ever interview, with Piely's ideal managerial location being in the Uk (mostly out of laziness of having to learn a new language) he really needs to nail this one.

Pinch me i must be sleeping, Piely is the favourite to get a JOB!!! 59fa33cfcbb1e_ScreenShot2017-11-01at20_47_24.thumb.png.a1c29d7ba3b5ca79dcf30197c955b3ba.png

2 hours ago, AGBManager said:

They obviously saw right through his CV and the part in bold saying I HELPED JOE HART BECOME THE PLAYER HE IS TODAY, which we all know is one of the biggest lies in football.

:D

Elvis will have the world of Football all shook up by the time he's finished.

11 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

:D

Elvis will have the world of Football all shook up by the time he's finished.

10 hours ago, JayR2003 said:

I they just knew he was a Big Hunk of Love, they'd hire him right off.

You guys are putting my puns to shame! Only trouble is i won't be able to use this now in my write up's not that i'm witty enough to think of them! :applause:

Thanks for having a read i appreciate it.

47 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Why is he not wearing blue suede shoes? :herman:

Unfortunately after 12 attempts to get his National C License the bank balance was running low so he returned to his old school shoe collection and found these bad boys. 

Luckily his feet have only got larger in width so can still squeeze his feet into them.

• AGBManager changed the title to [FM18] Elvis Isn't Dead .... Journeyman Career

ITS OFFICIAL ELVIS HAS GOT HIS FIRST JOB IN MANAGEMENT!!!

And no it isn't with FC United in which he was favourite to get, but instead the one they call Piely will be managing

Bognor Regis

Image result for bognor regis fc

Lets get cracking!

Board Expectations

59fb7624c761d_ScreenShot2017-11-01at21_17.26(2).thumb.png.f1f3ccc9477bf068361d33ba92fbee04.png

Piely as we know is a cocky, arrogant bugger so has set himself the target of a playoff place in his first season with Bognor.

The first port of call is to get rid of 'the worst assistant manager who doesn't even deserve to be my waterboy' and for Piely to recruit his own guy.

The three staff recruited are as follows, but can still do with bolstering up the amount of staff at the club.

image.thumb.png.7e26964a1e596a084f62315cf1a02d1b.pngimage.thumb.png.4e8c363d40c9bcec1e53a46b778bf491.pngimage.thumb.png.80ba083305f94ce3189fae793c1a8246.png

Piely is going to use his favourite formation the 4-4-1-1 and after a brief look at the team he identifies Ferdinand Takyi as his 'Money Maker'

image.thumb.png.b63d7b9cc595e6a0d895bd65b538034b.png

Weakest area of the team appears to be in the Attacking Midfield spot with no real natural being available in the club so definitely the first task of the new scout.

We will feedback how pre-season goes next with any signings and friendly results. 

Archived