Start in 2017 with MLS

Guess this has been issued before but I sure can't find it.

Why can't I select starting MLS in 2017 ?

Picking a collection of other leagues that has 2017 as start options works fine UNTIL I select USA with the MLS. Then it's shadow on all other nations with 2017 starting options

I only tried this in 17.3.2 and I got NO extra leagues that didn't come with the game.  This makes having US in my save impossible. Any help "before the FM2018"

Well, I just thought it was kind of stupid with 17.3. DB having all players in teams as of start of 2017.  Will try in select the leagues I intend to have and leave MLS out in the start of 2017. Be sure to have ALL players for North America selected and try out if it's OK to just Add MLS after I start the league. That might work so that MLS get started with full schedule in 2018. 

It will be as if one just add any new leagues after a season or so in the save one is playing. I never intended to manage in MLS but like to have as many big leagues as possible in my save. It used to work in the past, so it's sad if the game gets "thinner" by every version.

I know that MLS got a strange kind of license with FM, but this used to work in the past (after a little twisting). I recon that adding it later should work or will MLS behave as the Japanese league, but then you could not even start it in 2016 since it will stop working in 2017 or 2018. Got to run a test save on this and see what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived