What determines how many attribute points a player has?

I'm looking at a recreation of pele and he is rated 200 ca yet look at how low his attributes are. How can a 200 ca player have the attributes of a player rated around anthony martials 165-170 range? Looking at messi and ronaldo who are 200ca ish they have really high ratings all around with a lot of attributes hitting the 20 attribute mark. So what exactly determines how many attribute points a player gets? I always thought for instance if a player was rated say 100 ca then their total attributes would combine to make 100. Is this not how it works? And how can a 200 ca player have attributes here that look like hes a 165 ca?

Pele.jpg

12 minutes ago, FootballManager89 said:

I always thought for instance if a player was rated say 100 ca then their total attributes would combine to make 100. Is this not how it works?

this is definitely not how it works

for attributes, positions make certain attributes cost more and others less. so if you take a striker, his finishing etc will cost more than his tackling. you should be able to figure this all out by watching the CA of a player change as you use the editor. also, being 2 footed can cost a lot of points. play around with it, switch back to see his CA after every change

Messi

Ronaldo

Both Messi and Ronaldo have some weaknesses, too. Messi had 10 or below in 2 physical attributes, whereas the Pele version is much more rounded physically. Both are notably lower in Aggression and Work Rate. Messi doesn't have fantastic Bravery and Ronaldo's Team Work is kinda low.

Bear in mind the hidden attributes take up CA, and I believe so does positional familiarity. So this Pele being versatile (though we can't see his positional abilities), not that injury prone, enjoys big matches, and very consistent.... those take up CA as well. Not 100%, but I would think having a 20 in Consistency and Important Matches would probably take up as much CA as having another skill at 20. Being two-footed also takes up skill.

If memory serves, a perfectly balanced player with CA of 200 would have 16s in everything. So for every skill over 16, something else must be lower. I also believe that the higher attributes in a given skill "cost" more than a lower one, so pushing one skill to 20 might mean something has to go down below 12. Skills don't simply "add up" for CA. Its not 1 for 1.

7 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Bear in mind the hidden attributes take up CA, and I believe so does positional familiarity. So this Pele being versatile (though we can't see his positional abilities), not that injury prone, enjoys big matches, and very consistent.... those take up CA as well. Not 100%, but I would think having a 20 in Consistency and Important Matches would probably take up as much CA as having another skill at 20. Being two-footed also takes up skill.

most hidden attributes do not require CA

position can increase or decrease CA depending on the positions selected

injury prone has no effect that i remember on CA, and consistency very little if any, important matches and consistency may cost 1 or 2 points most i think, definitely no where near a 20 skill

20 hours ago, lemeuresnew said:

most hidden attributes do not require CA

position can increase or decrease CA depending on the positions selected

injury prone has no effect that i remember on CA, and consistency very little if any, important matches and consistency may cost 1 or 2 points most i think, definitely no where near a 20 skill

Thanks for the info. Though almost all of the hidden attributes took up at least some CA space.

Incidentally, both Messi and Ronaldo have a Work Rate of 7, as you can see from the pictures posted above. Giving either of them a below-average Work Rate cannot, in my view, be justified in any way whatsoever. Ronaldo's poor Teamwork is fine, but Work Rate? Never.

6 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Incidentally, both Messi and Ronaldo have a Work Rate of 7, as you can see from the pictures posted above. Giving either of them a below-average Work Rate cannot, in my view, be justified in any way whatsoever. Ronaldo's poor Teamwork is fine, but Work Rate? Never.

Actually, CA might justify it. They both perform at a high level in-game so it doesn't have a negative impact. Other high attributes seem to make up for it more than adequately. So it might be one of those that gets dropped so something else that might impact they way they perform doesn't have to.

Each player is given a CA and a PA.....there is some randomnity I think in young players. So a young  unknownish player may have 13 acceleration in one game and then in another he may have 9. 

Each position the attributes are weighted. So a striker who has a finishing attribute will be weighted 6 points more than a CB, which makes plenty of sense because CB's rarely ever get a goal scoring opportunity with their feet. Other things that are weighted include weaker foot. Things that are not weighted are: aggression, determination, flair, natural fitness. Hidden attributes are NOT weighted. 

There's an attribute table that you can weigh it up but all I can find was one from 2014:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/308816-current-ability-cost-of-of-attributes-position-breakdown/

3 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Actually, CA might justify it. They both perform at a high level in-game so it doesn't have a negative impact. Other high attributes seem to make up for it more than adequately. So it might be one of those that gets dropped so something else that might impact they way they perform doesn't have to.

Ok, if other high attributes make up for it in the game and there is a weighing system in place, then it may be all right. I am not that familiar with the intricacies of the game.

However, I'm pretty sure you'll agree that as single figures, in and of themselves, Work Rates of 7 make no sense for either Ronaldo or Messi. They are both industrious players in real life.

4 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Ok, if other high attributes make up for it in the game and there is a weighing system in place, then it may be all right. I am not that familiar with the intricacies of the game.

However, I'm pretty sure you'll agree that as single figures, in and of themselves, Work Rates of 7 make no sense for either Ronaldo or Messi. They are both industrious players in real life.

Actually, I don't agree at all. A quick Google search gives some data. Its a year or so old, but Messi was averaging about 8 KM per match and Ronaldo about 9 KM. Those are both on the low end for attacking players. Messi in particular is noted for his energy conservation, strolling about the pitch until he bursts into life. The work hard when it counts, rather than working hard constantly. They are not typically back working hard in the defensive phase. And that is actually a fair reflection in their Work Rate. You might be able to justify a couple of ticks higher, but its hard to point to either and say it should be 15+. Because the stats don't support that.

Archived