Skinning Forum - Feedback & Suggestions

michaeltmurrayuk

So with FM18 announced now is a good time to see if anyone has any suggestions or feedback on the skinning forum.

Is there any kind of content you'd like to see, any areas you'd like more content for, do you struggle to find stuff in the forum or struggle to follow some of the guides, do you want more graphical based guides (or even video guides - though they'd be without audio) or are largely text based guides preferred. Any posting guidelines you find confusing or outdated etc... (I know the board upgrade scrambled some of the old threads but I'll be updating and fixing them for FM18).

Obviously there are a few caveats;

- None of us have seen FM18 so depending on how much it's changed determines how long it takes me to update the existing guides, mods and base skins.

- The point of the forum is to be a skinning knowledge base and a help forum, whilst allowing skinners to show off their work, it's not a resource to download third party graphics from, so don't suggest a downloads subforum or threads indexing logo/kit packs.

- The bigger one is time, I only have so much of it which limits what I can do.

Also if anyone has any suggestions for the game then put it in the Feature Request subforum rather than in here.

I think it would be very helpful to have a skinning directory of where certain graphics and panels are located for various screens throughout the game. Maybe even add some info about editing them. It could be a sticky thread where you and other skinners can share knowledge by adding information as skins are created. It could be a place to learn and get inspiration from.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, keysi said:

I would like to know if it's possible to transfer specific things from custom FM17 skin to custom FM18 skin. For example, just only one panel and maybe some guide how to use available things from the previous version. 

Thanks

We won't know until the full game is out and we can extract the game files, if there has been no changes to the file in FM18 then it likely can be transferred over but you won't know until we can view the FM18 files.

Archived