Llm slow team need help.

Its a conundrum. The obvious answer is to go out and buy some pace, but let's assume that that is not an option.

Personally, I'd be looking to play a narrow diamond or some other iteration of a narrow, compact formation. The reason? Because we can work the ball up the strata with short passes. There's always plenty of support around. No pace is particularly required, poor first touch is mitigated by the shortness, ease and speed of pass that's possible in that kind of system. Its also the kind of system I would employ if I had paceless strikers. If your players can't cover the pitch then get the ball to do it. Its always a non-league fail-safe. No pace and no technique? Narrow diamond.

I would just play a 4231Narrow DM system. You are guaranteed to have 6 defending, and all you do is hoof the ball up to a narrow configuration who are well placed to knock the ball to each other to find chances. You don't need space and as you get better and faster players this system gets progressively harder to beat.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 20:55, Rashidi said:

I would just play a 4231Narrow DM system. You are guaranteed to have 6 defending, and all you do is hoof the ball up to a narrow configuration who are well placed to knock the ball to each other to find chances. You don't need space and as you get better and faster players this system gets progressively harder to beat.

I tried this for a lower league team, but I'm wondering how you set up your front 4? Which roles would you think suit them best?
I've for instance gone with a poacher role for the striker as I'd think it's best he stays in his position and focus on taking his chances. I went with an advanced playmaker on support an 2 attacking midfielders on attack duties.

Archived