[FM17] It doesn't matter how many times you fall.

loklokno123

Intro & Overall Results Summary

GoodyBye

zrt5SzB.jpg

“1860 Munich, the city's other club, are struggling to become noisy neighbours.” ---theguardian

1860 Munich is the oldest club in Munich. Being one of the founding members of Bundesliga in 1963. They won the league in 1966, and has played a total of 20 seasons in the top flight. Now, the club is playing at 4th tier.

1860 Munich are famous for producing stars. Julian Weigl ,Bender bros, Kevin Volland, Fabian Johnson and Julian Baumgartlinger are the most recent examples. They are full international for their respective country.

Who am I?

I am Javier Lok, 36 years old, former professional footballer and German International, I had 57 caps and one goal for Germany.

I was born in Munich.

I spent over 10 seasons in professional football and I won Bundesliga, Chmapionship League, German Cup .

I joined 1860 Munich when I was 10. I made debut after 8 years. 

Then , I moved to Signal Iduna Park. I rejoined The Lions and hoped to bring them back to Top flight but I failed .

I retired at the end of season .

Part 0 

May 30, 2017

fffd1p8.jpg

May 31 2017

ESPN: Managing director and president Peter Cassalette resigned this morning and the owner also left the club. 

June 2 2017 2100

JUDueUI.png

June 5 2017

A new president Bjorn Kruse phoned me and said ‘Javier, Come On, We need you , We need you to bring it back to glory’

‘Although you dont have any coaching license, it’s okay. Your reputation and leadership gonna help us make through this storm’

I replied ‘Errrr…. Let me consider a few days…’

‘Alright, look forward to hearing from you’

June 10 2017

I phoned Bjorn in the morning , told him I wanna be the new manager of the team.

We met in the afternoon and signed the contract.

The official appointment will be announced 2 weeks later.

This will be the greatest challenge of my life. Despite I have been SKY Sports analyst 2 years. I never consider coaching,it is much difficult.

I don't want to be next Gary Neville. 

PS: Update monthly with results and stats. 

To keep things Simple 

Not fascinating wording. 

Appreciate any feedback and comments 

Long Term Goals:

Use as many youth products as possible.

Promote to Top Flight within 5years.

Pre-season - First Day

ukwTFHl.png

No time for ********. I met the president,staff and players today. I told about my ambition but the lads were low in morale. 

Anyway, Let's start training. 

Bjorn informed me he will NOT invest a lot of money this season. 

That's okay. I love using young players. This is also my philosophy. I will stick to this.

DD5LZpsXgAAdeJo.jpg:large

2 July 

We played 2 pre-season game against bundesliga teams. We created chances but wasted. The quality was the difference. The results were expected , the lads did well and we earned some money which we really need right now.

Transfer Window has started, I don't have enough budget to sign player from free-agent market, I am looking for players to loan from B team of higher tier teams.  I need more players, 19 is not enough for the season.

8 July 

Finally, agreement between Brentford has been reached.

Jan Holldack will join on loan until the end of season.

He is 20 year-old ,German, played for Koln Junior Team, a Box-to-Box midfielder with excellent passing skills. The team will play a friendly at night , I am going to start him straight away.

98960b9c02aa7a6c9e0b0c6a4551beb5.png

Sven Kopp, 21-years-old midfielder joins on loan from Regensburg II.

He is a hardworking guy. He played 3 Professional games before which is a great asset to the team.

2f7018e79812c91e95ad731f1ffb1b98.png

13 July

Jan Mauersberger and Nico Karger have been selected as captain.

Xhemil Terziqi , player of FC Twente youth team joins the tema on loan deal. The 18-years-old midfielder adds some squad depth to the team.

Squad

10f15d7e4c6001bee570a890dff35367.png

I managed to find enough Midfielders to play 433 . But Let’s stick to 442 and see the results.

Pre-season summary:

Played 4 games, Won 2 , Lost 2 

16 July

Season starts !

Our first league game is against SV Seligenporten.

We creates tons of chances in the first half and Jimmy Marton scores the penalty in 35th minute .  We are super unlucky though , hitting the post 3 times !

After the break we dont give any opportunity to our opponent, still applying high pressure , moving the ball around. We get another penalty in 53th minute and Jimmy Marton extends the lead. In the 69th minute ,Nicholas Helmbrecht delivers a nice through ball to Nico Karger and makes it 3:0.

Match Review

fMr4IvF.png

Tom Kretzschmar, the keeper who joined the junior team since 2014 becomes youngest ever player

Okay I will update monthly rather than game-to-game. 

Tactics
Before the next update , let’s talk about the tactics first .

Flat 4-4-2. Control ,Flexible, Play Much Narrower .
Goalkeeper Tom Kretzschmar: Young guy, just 17-years-old , excellent reflexes and aerial reach but poor technical. 

Centre Backs Jan Mauersberger and Aaron Berzel : Both guys played 2. Bundesliga before. Pure quality for a 4th tier team. 

Full Backs: Koussou is attacking full-back with pace while Wein is a defensive full back to make the team more balanced

Central Mids: Felix Weber is a naturally centre back and great tackler so I put him in mid to consolidate my defense .
Jan Holldack is from Brentford , great vision and passing. Other attributes are also above-average. 

Wingers - Gebhart is another youth academy product . He is technically gifted spent 6 seasons at Bundesliga .
Nicholas Helmbrecht quick, he can beat defenders and whip in cross. 

Forwards Nico Karger is also quick and hard-working . Even though he doesnt have great passing and vision but he did great well playing F9 so I stick to that.
Jimmy Marton knows how to find space behind defenders and put the ball into the net. 

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120823&stc=

July
attachment.php?attachmentid=1120824&stc=

We had a positive start in the league and cup .
In the game against SV Seligenporten , which is also my league game of my managerial career, we beat them at home . We controlled the whole game . 
We then had ‘Munchen Derby’ . Young start Fabian Benko also featured in this game but had no big impact. Nico Karger scored the opening goal in 12th minute while Jan Mauersberger extent the lead from corner. We limited their chance but Adrian Fein made it back to 2:1 after a chaos from corner. Timo Gebhart killed the game by scoring 2 goals. 

Following the Derby we faced a 5th tier team in Bayern-Pokal. I used lots of subs and the first half worried me. I changed to long ball style in the second half and it worked. 2-0 win and we march on to next round .

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120825&stc=

We are at top of the table so far.

Only the top team can qualify for promotion playoffs.

And the II teams are really strong , we need to keep improving . 

August

DEEztvCW0AIWEsf.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120891&stc=

We started August with a positive 3-0 win at home and maintaining winning streak to 7 games before ended by SV Schalding-Heining. We conceded a early goal in 16th minute and the attacking was disappointing but luckily we managed to score equalizer with a deflected goal . I have the feeling the games are getting harder and harder , we maintain unbeaten run though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120892&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120893&stc=

We are leading the table with 2 points and we will play against Nürnberg II a few days later .
After that we will visit SV Wacker Burghausen which have only conceded 2 goals in 6 games
We will finish September by hosting Ingolstadt II and visiting SpVgg Oberfranken Bayreuth.

September
It doesn't matter how many times you fall.-deeqwu2xoaa6qo8.jpg

We had a decent,unbeaten September.

The game against Burghausen was really tough.Although they only had 1 shot on target, but their high press and the rainy weather stopped us to build up from the back. We scored the only goal from long throw in, their defender made a silly mistake, trying to save a corner, he did it but Jan Mauersberger was in the right place at the right time to score a tap in goal.     

We almost had a ‘clean-sheet month’ but Nico Karger was unlucky to score a o.g. , he blocked the shot but it was deflected and it went off the post.  I did not blame him for that.

Results

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120911&stc=

League Table

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120912&stc=

We still ONLY have 2 points advantage , it’s not safe in this tough league.

Stat

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120913&stc=

Our lads can really defend (y)

I have a nice idea, I can share goals with you if u want.

October

It doesn't matter how many times you fall.-deesbh3xkaepmyr.jpg

Results

We visited FC Memmingen and played poorly.  We had few chances and hit the post once but our opponent controlled the whole game.  Felix Weber’s red card in 60th minute made us impossible to win , I was happy with clean sheet. Then I switched to 4-3-3 when hosting Bayern Hof at Home, it worked well. We had another scoreless draw at home when hosting Schweinfurt because of poor finishing .

We then smashed a lower division team in Cup Match which boosted our confidence .

We finished October with a 1:0 win but Felix Bachschmid will be sidelined for 3-4 months .

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120975&stc=

League Table

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120976&stc=

Junior coaching is always important to lower league team.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120977&stc=

Stat

attachment.php?attachmentid=1120978&stc=

November

I continued to use 4-3-3 counter pressing system this month.

Our goalkeeper Tom Kretzschmar saved 2 penalty this month which was against  Fürth II and Bayern II !  

Jimmy Marton was on fire in the last 3 league games.  4-3-3 has been effective  but changes will be required if our opponents adapts it . I made some changes in cup game just to keep our players fresh .

Table

attachment.php?attachmentid=1121134&stc=

Results

attachment.php?attachmentid=1121135&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1121136&stc=

I am happy to announce establishing partnership with Schalke 04. We will benefited from the friendly gate receipts ,hopefully they will loan some promising young players to us in the future.

Archived