Player Value

Hi,

Just wondering if there's an issue with the player value. I've 2 players in my team who are brilliant strikers but the value doesn't seem right.

One of which is regarded as "World-Cass", the other is an "Important first team player".

The "World class" player is 27 YO & valued at £70m (has been higher) - Season is 34 games, 30 goals and 11 assists (Career Totals: P: 402, G: 246, A: 42.

The "Important First Team Player" is 26 YO & valued at £27m (never goes higher, drops after a bad game) - Season is 42 games, 37 goals and 13 assists (Career totals: P: 220, G: 151, A: 34.

Maybe I'm just being picky but shouldn't the other be valued a bit higher than £27m considering he's pretty much up there with the games/ goal involvement ratio - I bought him when I managed Genoa a few seasons before and he was excellent there also.

I've a 24 YO striker who's valued at £17.5 - Season is 28 games (mainly subs), 10 goals, 5 assists and his value is increasing every time he plays (I get he's younger) but something doesn't seem right.

Any ideas?

• SI Staff

Sounds like the 26 year old doesn't quite have the worldwide reputation that the 27 year old does. This can be down to many variables e.g. international football, trophies etc. It might even be that teams think his stats are down to the quality of the players around him setting him up.

Might shoot up in the next year or two. Bear in mind that the value is just a guideline and many players can sell for much more if they're in great form.

• SI Staff

There are some players in real-life who for whatever reason just aren't as appealing as players to managers and clubs, they might have personality quirks or be limited in some manner which means whatever they achieve they're never truly considered 'world class' ... if you're old enough to remember them I'd put the 'Neville brothers' in that vein, they were incredibly good players who won nearly everything going with Manchester United but were never seen as World Class players because they were eclipsed by the more flair based players in that side (Scholes, Beckham, Giggs etc.).

In todays terms I'd put the following players in that ilk - Milner (no matter how consistently he plays or at what level people tend to be 'meh'), Fellaini (yeah I know, but if you watch him play he's a work horse who has good passing ability and is incredibly reliable) etc.

His stats probably dropped?  Maybe due to a poor training regime?  Or maybe he stopped scoring for you so the hype about him died down?  To be honest, I've never been concerned with player value, especially when the AI will fleece you for its stars.  It's all about performances on the pitch.

Archived