Help with two problems please? (scouting-columns)

A) Why does the game not recognize that?
Scouting_problem1_edited.png

Here's what it says:
Scouting_problem2_edited.png

But I don't want Argentina! I selected "Report from a region-S.America" and excluded 4 nations that I don't want my Colombian scout to visit.
Am I missing something?

B) Why can't I change the size of these columns?
Column_problem_edited.png

I want to make them smaller, but I can't. And it only happens with those 3, "REC", "ABILITY" and "POTENTIAL".
I moved them next to some else column, but nothing. Neither am I able to auto-size them, nor am I able to double click between them for manual auto-sizing.

Any help guys?

A. You are telling your scout to scout the region of South America, but not to report on players based in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay. The result is that the scout will scout in these countries, but not report on any player who is based in them. That leaves ... very few players reported on in these countries, to put it mildly.

What you are trying to do is to tell him to scout in this region except in those countries, yes? I don't think you can do that.

You should instead tell your scout to scout each individual country in South America in turn. You'll be noticed when he has "finished" scouting a country, and you can then just assign him to another.

B. I don't know.

Thank you for the reply.

6 minutes ago, thomit said:

What you are trying to do is to tell him to scout in this region except in those countries, yes? I don't think you can do that.

You should instead tell your scout to scout each individual country in South America in turn. You'll be noticed when he has "finished" scouting a country, and you can then just assign him to another.

Yes.
Can I do it by selecting "Hot Prospect" instead of "report from a region"? Then select South America for "Scope" and add the conditions "Based Not In"?

Hmm maybe ... I still think that your scout will still travel to these countries and scout there, but just not report on any hot prospects he finds there .... but I could be wrong. You are trying to save yourself from some micro-managing of your scouts by trying to automate their scouting as much as possible, I can understand that. But I just don't think it is possible to do it like that.

By the way, your second question is probably something for the skinning forum, or pm michaeltmurrayuk about it.

7 minutes ago, thomit said:

Hmm maybe ... I still think that your scout will still travel to these countries and scout there, but just not report on any hot ptospects he finds there .... but I could be wrong. You are trying to save yourself from some micro-managing of your scouts by trying to automate their scouting as much as possible, I can understand that. But I just don't think it is possible to do it like that.

Exactly. One scout in 2-3 countries, another scout in another 2-3 countries and so on.
And even with the "Based In", it still doesn't work, my scout goes to Argentina.
Thank you for your time though.

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

For the Star columns you likely cannot make them any smaller because they are already at the min. width to fit the star rating.

Thank you.
Maybe a suggestion for FM18? I mean, there is still room to reduce their width, as you can see.

Archived