[Discussion] Football Manager - The Card Game

Powermonger

Recently I've been thinking about some kind of spin-off for Football Manager, and having got recently back into playing Hearthstone, I thought a digital card game based on Football Manager would be a fun game to play with completely different mechanics. Whether it be a deck building game or more of a collectible/trading card game format depends on the mechanics used.

I've been doing a bit of a search to see what is already out there, coming across some interesting board and card games, which makes me think it is something SI could expand the FM franchise into.

I am thinking you could build your own team (card deck), trade players (cards), have specials that influence a match (training cards, kicking or passing cards, tackling, heading etc) and played out on a field with the ball moving between areas requiring each player to react or play certain cards to progress play and ultimately score a goal.

Would others be interested in a Football Manager like experience in a digital card game format?

• 6 months later...

Archived