[Suggestion] Pre and Post-Match 3D Environment

YKW

As I've been playing and reflecting on FM17 I've realised that a match in FM is too much from a broadcast perspective for my liking. I think that there are plenty of things I'm not seeing that would really enhance my experience if I could see, and in some cases even enhance my knowledge and understanding of the game.

1. Pre-match

I should enter the match environment around one hour before kick off, most probably having already picked my team. Once I enter the match environment time progresses like in a "full match" highlight. Once you are ready you can click "advance to kick off" and then you get the normal team talk and tactics flow.

When I first enter the match environment an hour before kick off, the stadium should be mostly empty and the burger van should be busy. As time progresses the stadium should gradually fill up and there should be an audible change in the volume levels in the stadium. There are plenty of amusing possibilities here like for example the presence of mascots, or an old legend doing an interview on the pitch etc, and these are mostly superficial.

The really clever bit is that the players would be on the pitch warming up, and if you chose to observe this it could help you understand the game. Assume certain things are going on, such as goalkeepers warming up with each other and the goalkeeping coach in front of a smaller goal, or the players taking it it turns to play a one two with a coach and then shoot at the goal (both of which I've seen as regular drills.) How these things unfold will give you clues about the nature of the game that day, in terms of things like the weather conditions and the mentality of your players.

For example, are the goalkeepers spilling shots more easily because of the rain? Is the ball holding up on the soggy pitch? Are shots getting dragged around by the wind? And so on for all of the different pitch and weather conditions.

Similarly, I should be able to see body language for my players during this pre-match, all while they are jogging around the pitch or stretching etc, and this would give me an insight into how mentally prepared my players were. Are they too jovial? Or have more of them been appearing nervous as the stadium fills up? These things could help me when it comes to delivering my team talk.

Other quick points:

- Sometimes players could get injured during the pre-match (orange or red injury icon suddenly appears)

- There may be a specific flag in the crowd being waved by a section of fans from that country. Sometimes the player they are waving it for would run over and acknowledge them.

- When the team sheets come through and the announcement about the teams is made (generically as "number 1" "number 16" etc,) then the size of the cheer given to each player would correlate with how much the fans liked them (and whether they had been on good or bad form, or come back from a long injury etc.) While the home fans would boo every opposition player.

- When I arrived in the dugout the fans would cheer/boo me.

- It wouldn't always be a burger van there. Maybe my stadium doesn't have a burger van. Alternate scenes would be something as simple as fans just walking by, or perhaps some kind of television crew or fanTV interviewing someone. For small stadiums you could have kids kicking a football, an old woman walking with her shopping, a dog chasing a cat etc, etc. If times are bad then maybe there is a demonstration by the fans with "X out" signs.

- There should be a guy on the stadium roof in a janitor's outfit and armed with a mop who just lies there sleeping. Clicking him makes him clean the roof.

2. During and Post match

Along similar lines, the match shouldn't end so abruptly. I'll just be quick for this one:

-The fans should give an audible reaction to the half time whistle (cheer/boo/nothing)

- The area of the stadium designated for corporate is always empty when the second half is kicking off.

- Audible reactions to substitutions, ref decisions etc.

- A streaker. A little flesh coloured 3D person that runs onto the pitch and hugs players, dodges stewards etc. The crowd should cheer with every tackle the streaker eludes. Sometimes they get caught right away, sometimes they get past loads of tackles and get a huge cheer as they get dragged away.

- Instead of a streaker it can sometimes be a rogue dog/fox/bear etc depending on the country you are managing in.

-Fans leaving before the final whistle, throwing their season tickets onto the pitch, etc.

-Trophy ceremonies will be in the game. The players should each lift the trophy in turn, in order of importance, and each get an appropriately sized cheer from the crowd. I should also be there lifting the trophy and receiving a cheer.

[There should be a folder where I can move mp3s that I want to play at the final whistle/after a goal etc. For trophy wins, the players should be programmed to match the BPM of the song with their dances.]

-Players should swap shirts, and chat with each other as they leave the pitch. Players that are very loyal and.or love the club should always go over and applaud their fans.

-For momentous occasions, fans should invade the pitch at the final whistle.

- In snowy weather Newcastle fans should take off their shirts

- Players warming down etc

• 7 months later...

Archived