Sweeper Keeper help

One quick question - does the selected duty of a sweeper keeper influence his tendency to rush out and 'sweep'? I am under the impression a Sweeper Keeper Attack will rush out more than a Sweeper Keeper Defend

Thanks

from what I've seen they don't act as a 'sweeper' at all ... I've used attack and support. All I see is that when the keeper has the ball, and is a SWK then he comes further out with the ball before passing.

Needs work IMO to make the keeper actually rush out more and 'sweep'

• 6 months later...

Hope this has been looked at for the new game. Ederson at Manchester City is the perfect example of a sweeper keeper.

I want to press high which means I need a high defensive line and a goalkeeper that can come and sweep up through balls behind them. This doesn't seem possible at the moment. I'm not sure a sweeper keeper should be about the passes they play. It should be how keen they are to come out of their area to pick up through balls behind the defence and their starting position for this.

There is a difference with attack duty seeing more willingness to rush out to clear loose balls & to dribble out of the area with the ball.

What it does not adjust to any noticeable degree is their position when the team is in possession so they’ll leave a big gap between a defence that pushes high up & do not offer themselves as a passing option.

It’s a role that I very much hope has been looked at & improved.

Archived