[FM17] Red Star Belgrade - Painting Serbia Red

Wee_Sadie

Logo_FC_Red_Star_Belgrade.svg.thumb.png.591ef79aee046f5d3249a3b446ae1c7c.png

RED STAR BELGRADE - PAINTING SERBIA RED

So here it is everyone my very first attempt at covering my career story from my save on FM17 which i have chosen to go Red Star Belgrade or "Crvena Zvezda" as they are also known.As many of you know, Red Star was European and World Champion in 1991. After that club didn't have any major (nor minor) European success. And recently arch-rival Partizan has been dominating in Serbia. Well it's time to put them back in their place,and reclaim what is ours.

HISTORY:
Red Star (Crvena Zvezda) was founded on 4th of March in 1945. It is most successful club in Serbia and ex-Yugoslavia. Stadium that Red Star uses is called "Rajko Mitic", former Marakana. Rajko Mitic is best player that ever played for club so finally in 2014, Marakana was renamed. Stadium was built in 1963 and has seating capacity of 55,538.But record attendance was 117,000, in 1975!

Fk_Red_Star_stadium.thumb.jpg.a19ab85b32521c9d33735e6c9645328c.jpg

Club has probably one of the most loyal fan bases in Europe. Fans are called Delije.Delije means Braves,or Heroes and are very passionate about there team.This Ultras group was founded in 1989. Motto of group is "Red Star is life, the rest are small things." Two biggest rivals are Partizan from Belgrade and Dinamo from Zagreb,Croatia.The Derby against Partizan is called THE ETERNAL DERBY and unfortunately there is often trouble.This is how the sold out Delije looks like when its derby time and a bit of an insight as to what this fierce derby is like...

THE CHALLENGE AND WHAT I WANT TO TRY ACHIEVE HERE

My aim of this aim is simply to bring back Red Star Belgrade back to a standing that they once were,a formidable force and a place that no team would look forward to visiting.Partizan clearly are the team to beat..

GAME SETUP

58d245213ad15_FootballManager2017_NewGameChooseNations.thumb.png.7242dc4f519acfe80e68da3f8db73d7a.png

What i have done here in the setup of the game is load up countries that border Serbia about 7 in total,i have used a few from Claasen's update that includes a few that are unplayable at the start.Also loaded up players from top divisons in Europe giving me a healthy player count of 70-80,000.Should be decent i reckon.Im going back to the default skin as idont know whats causing these bright red backgrounds so screenshots will be better!!!

MEET THE MANAGER

8d7731938873f2b2f92325dddedc09bc.thumb.jpg.00818d51e236c4ab249d0bcba892b31b.jpg

During summer 1988, Pančev was snapped up by Red Star Belgrade, which beat cross-town rivals FK Partizan to the twenty-two-year-old's signature. Another talented youngster, 21-year-old Dejan Savicevic, also arrived to the club during the same transfer window, but both promptly got sent to serve the mandatory Yugoslav People's Army, stint that kept them off the pitch for the entire league season.

Pančev debuted for his new club in 1989 and played three full seasons for Crvena-beli, scoring an incredible 84 goals from 91 league appearances, and winning the European Cup and the Intercontinental Cup in 1991.

Due to his phenomenal strike rate, during the early 1990s, he was widely recognized as one of the best strikers in the world. Displaying great scoring  instincts and predatory skills, he got nicknamed Cobra by the Serbian sports media. Red Star fans remember him as the player who scored the winning penalty in the 1991 European Cup Final, bringing Red Star the most prestigious trophy in European football for the first time in its 50-year existence.

On 4 March 1992, Pančev scored two beautiful goals for Red Star to defeat Panathinaikos 2–0 at the Olympic Stadium in Athens in a European Cup match. The spotlight was on him because upon completing the forms to gain entry in Greece, he wrote his nationality as Macedonian. This made great havoc among the Greeks, he was detained several hours before being allowed to cross the border. In an interview after the duel he would say, "There is a saying that luck follows the brave. I was happy to score two goals before 80,000 spectators in Athens and Red Star to win 2–0. After that, the earth could open up and I did not mind.

In the world of FM17 he was appointed manager of Red Star Belgrade in 2017 and hopes to lead the club to success both domestically and continental

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

58d24a95dd74c_FudbalskiKlubCrvenaZvezda_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.b38ce950bc896a75911b18cfc0d41d4f.png

UNDER 19 SQUAD

58d24b26ed5e9_FudbalskiKlubCrvenaZvezdaUnder19s_SquadPlayers.thumb.png.a5344297dc9429d7483da4b022fec0f3.png

The team both in the main squad and in the Under 19's have some very talented players and there is a lot of scope for development at the club,my first job is to decide who stays and leaves the club.

MAIN TACTIC FOR THE SEASON

58d24d110d7d1_8QglZnf-Imgur.thumb.png.d29a0633e633cfad597986cd51b416b3.png

There are some very technically gifted players at the club and i have tried to utilise them the best that i think i can there is a little squad depth needed i think but nothing too radical,it will be more apparent in the first few weeks how this is panning out.Im quietly confident though.

LEAGUE RULES&SEASON PREVIEW

58d24e246d06c_JelenSuperLiga_OverviewRules.thumb.png.8b068e9b9b46d7c9aecdfdd3e57e6f7f.png

58d24e5db63b6_JelenSuperLiga_OverviewSeasonPreview.thumb.png.6d7b90fd9e0e8d50b43a20a5bcf857d6.png

The media have made Red Star favorites for the title at the start of the saeson and rightly so!! theres a fantastic squad here and we must live up to our expectations for the league campaign.Also theres a brief outlook on the league rules which doesnt look that diffrent to the other normal european leagues

So thats that really to be honest everyone i hope you all give me some feedback and anything else relevant you feel,as i said im new to the community here so go easy on me guys ;) I'll be doing updates where and when i can so keep in touch with the adventures of Darko Pancev "Painting Serbia Red"

I was lucky enough to go to the Belgrade derby a few weeks ago, such an incredible experience.

I'm now managing Partizan, top of the league at Xmas with Red Star struggling. I'm going to try and fulfill a similar objective as you and try and establish Partizan as a force but already, my best players are being targeted by bigger European teams.

Good luck!

IMG_3567.JPG

32 minutes ago, Chrismatthews16 said:

I was lucky enough to go to the Belgrade derby a few weeks ago, such an incredible experience.

I'm now managing Partizan, top of the league at Xmas with Red Star struggling. I'm going to try and fulfill a similar objective as you and try and establish Partizan as a force but already, my best players are being targeted by bigger European teams.

Good luck!

IMG_3567.JPG

It looks absolutely mental over there and half the stuff tehy do would never be allowed in the UK grounds!!! But on a FM level it seems that there is a wonderful array of talent in Serbia...Hope you are following ;)

I'm managing in Serbia, albeit the little known Sindjelic Nis, and attempting to overhaul both Partizan and Red Star, with the poor AI management of Red Star helping me enormously at the moment.

Serbia's a challenge in terms of Europe because of the finances, but it does produce great players, and Red Star have great youth facilities.

Whilst I'm slightly too young to remember their 1991 side, I enjoy watching highlights of them because of their beautiful counter attacking.  I'd recommend watching the semi-final highlights against Bayern to anyone, particularly the Pancev goal in Munich.

Archived