question about 4-4-2

Hello everyone! 

I try to make a 4-4-2 and I was wondering  where are the goals supposed to come from? Because I dont really like the style of  "many crosses and maybe someone will be made into goal" that comes along with 4-4-2. but when I try playing possession footballl with through balls coming from wide midfileders I dont have any luck 

If you don't like the style of many crosses, why did you choose 4-4-2, not being an arse, but it's worth saying I think.

That said, you can make a 4-4-2 in to pretty much what shape you want when you attack, defending has always been the problem for me with 4-4-2.

45 minutes ago, Torskus77 said:

If you don't like the style of many crosses, why did you choose 4-4-2, not being an arse, but it's worth saying I think.

That said, you can make a 4-4-2 in to pretty much what shape you want when you attack, defending has always been the problem for me with 4-4-2.

Because 4-4-2 for me always worked on defence :p so I thought that since I don't concede any goals try to improve attack.

Can you explain any further about making 4-4-2 into any shape in attack?

The 442 is anyways just your defensive shape. You could have both wingers attack and one striker drop deep, then you got your 4231. Similarly, you can create any type of shape in movement and transition only the defensive one stays the same 442.

Where are the goals supposed to come from? That is what you decide. It could be a striker or a winger, or one of the MCs? With that shape, of course, the obvious choice would be one of your strikers? Also, it doesn't have to come from crosses. You can make your wingers "inverted" as with other systems.

Archived