Do I switch from FMT to FMM?

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've posted in the FMM forum. I used to play FMM all the time. I owned every version from the 1st release up until FMM15.

However, I then discovered FMT16 and FMT17 on my tablet so I'm afraid FMM was relegated.

I am a massive fan of FMT - it's a really good game, but since getting my S7 Edge, I've been eager to play something on my new phone that will pass the time on my commute. So are there any FM aficionados out there who own both and can advise me whether it's worth doing so? I understand the differences between both games, but am I likely to find FMM17 a little too "lite" having been used to playing FMT for the past two years, or is FMM17 a great title in its own right.

One of the disappointments I had with the various releases of FMM is that I didn't feel the game had evolved enough. I think it was in 2015 that the match engine for FMM was the first significant enhancement but has FMM17 improved drastically enough from previous incarnations? I would hope that it has for me to purchase it.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Fundamentally it's the same game as 2 years ago. Barring some incremental improvements and tweaks, it's the same game. If you liked it then, you'll like it now. But it would be silly to compare it to Touch as that is basically the full blown PC version while FMM is precisely designed to not be that. 

39 minutes ago, veerus said:

Fundamentally it's the same game as 2 years ago. Barring some incremental improvements and tweaks, it's the same game. If you liked it then, you'll like it now. But it would be silly to compare it to Touch as that is basically the full blown PC version while FMM is precisely designed to not be that. 

Good point re: the comparison of FMT to FMM. Disappointed to hear that FMM2017 is much the same as it was two years ago. I had hoped the improvements would be more substantial.

They've done some things that you may like - they added staff (more coaches, scouts and physios) as well as making the scout reports look like the Touch version.

It's all based on your attitude about it though. If you want to play the PC version on your phone, you'll be disappointed. But if you want to play the game you've been playing your phone for the better part of the decade, then it's still all there with a few more bells and whistles.

Archived