Similarities

Hi guys 

well I have decided to post here due to me realising that I have been posting on the main board as a rant which doesn't solve my issue

i apologise for that and hope I can discuss further here

I am playing Touch on my iPad and firstly I was wondering if there are massive difference between this version and the pc version 

i have tried to adapt the tactics I have read though a few times on the tactics forum but they don't seem to help and I'm starting to wonder if that's because I am playing touch 

thanks and I hope this is the right section 

So therefore I still need help 

I have been through the tactics and tried and tried but I'm just finding it too complicated 

can anyone simplify it because I don't quite understand a good tactic 

I always use the tactic which my opponents are so vulnerable to facing but I can't get my tactics right to win the game 

I use a ball winning midfielder all the time in away matches but I can't get my attacking right 

My defence seems quite solid but I seem to lose the ball in attacking areas or my players will get tackled too easy 

also my forwards seem to never get chances or when they do they miss easy opportunities 

im so frustrated 

18 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

The only difference for tactics is that in the PC version you have team talks that can give a little "boost" to the tactic.

The AI managers can do the same to their tactic, so it doesn't really matter.

6 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

The AI managers can do the same to their tactic, so it doesn't really matter.

It does.

If for example the AI manager give a good team talk, and the human manager give a terrible one, then the AI tactic will have that "boost" while the human tactic will be a little less efective.

Point being, in FMT for better or for worst you don't have that situation.

As mentioned already the match engine is identical between both versions, as are the tactical options.

The best thing you can do if you've not already is read as many guides as you can, and more importantly experiment yourself to see how the different team and player instructions interact with each other.

Obviously people can play a game they bought anyway they like, but I find it pointless when people simply download a tactic online and use that, as it takes away the core of the game for me.

With regards to advice for why you're having issues, the best thing to do is give more information, such as screenshots of your tactics, and explain what you are trying to do.

For anyone starting off with Football Manager I would always advise them NOT to add as many team instructions as possible. Because when something goes wrong it's harder to know what to change, and also it's much harder for someone new to notice the difference an instruction does on it's own.

Creating tactics is not as hard it seems, most of the time you just have to think about things logically. If for example you have the majority of your team on attack duties with a high defensive line and watch through the highlights you'll likely find that the opposition is constantly catching you on the break with no one back to defend. There are various solutions, the first one would be to add more defend and support duties, and again think logically about the appropriate players that should be assigned those duties. 

For example if the opposition were constantly counter attacking you down the wings? Is it because you've set your two full backs as complete wingbacks on attack duties?! That would then leave no one on the flanks to cover when they lose the ball high up the pitch. In that case the suitable solution would be to set them more defensive roles, or perhaps add a defensive midfielder with a role of half-back that drops deep to make almost 3 centre backs for cover.

Or you could find a situation where your lone striker isn't getting any service, but you've got him playing as an advanced forward on attack duty, and no players around to support him. In that case you would want a role where he drops deeper, and perhaps holds the ball up for other players around him to make forward runs inbehind.

Or it could be that you've had 20 shots, but 2 on target, the highlights would show your forward shooting outside the box every time. In that scenario you give give him a player instruction to shoot less, or if you notice that the majority of your team seem to be shooting from distance you could add a "work ball into box" team instruction.

Or you could have a 2 man central midfield but with both of them having roam from position player instructions and you would then see in the highlights that there was no-one in midfield when you lost the ball. A solution to that would be to have a holding midfielder, on a defend duty perhaps that actually holds position.

As you can see I've given random examples, but ultimately it's to emphasise that in order for anyone to help you we need more information. To start with a screenshot of your current tactics would be great, so formation, as we can see player roles and duties, and a screenshot of team instructions.

With that information alone many on this forum will be able to see straight away why you're not getting results, it could be as something as simple as seeing a lone forward with a player role that is not appropriate given the player roles and duties of the players around him, or a team with 7 attack duties playing with an overload mentality lol.

One last thing, I can't state how important it is to actually watch the matches, at least to start with, as by simply watching it can give you an idea of what you need to change, are the opposition sitting deep? Perhaps slow the tempo, play a short passing game, and work the ball into the box, or run at the defence. Are the opposition having too much time on the ball? Close them down more. Are they playing really narrow? If so then stretch the play out wide.

Archived