centerbacks ppm

can anyone give me an advice on how to use get forward whenever possible on center backs? elaborate in details on the ideal scenario would be like for the centerbacks to get involve in attacks, i read in the forum saying that it is suited best for ball playing defender... does it mean i have to allocate the centerback role to be specifically on ball playing defender duty? since the defender is going to be more creative does it mean it is also best suited on formation without a defensive midfielder? finally, would playing on fluid shape let's say back four will see this move often more? 

I would only go for this PPM if I was playing a solid 3 dc formation and my central dc was a Lucio type player.

Some versatile central defenders are surprisingly useful supporting midfield and forward. You can just check them from their potential/avaible positions(these type of players are potentially good as dmc and mc also). Not extremely physically strong but with some nice anticipation, composure, positioning, decision making and some nice technical tricks. For example Naldo with some nice suprising long shot. In my team I have Pedro Franco. Always high ratings but in fact bad defensive choice if you play a 4 defender formation, it's even suicide if you don't have a dmc covering the area.

It's ok to use these type of players if you play some kinda 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 5-3-2 while he has two solid dc in right and left so this ball playing midfielder or central defender can use his passing and shooting skills and even install attacks from behind using some sneaky through balls or even long shots.

It's a bit tricky and there are many other factors if you want to use this type of ppm of a player with a four defender formation. It may make sense if you have a solid full back with low attacking technical abilities. For example you have a strong type left defender and a skillful ball playing defender. You can't just use your defensive full back for covering the gap of your ball playing defender. But if you try to use a moving ball playing defender or central defender whill you have two supporting fullback it's a bit hard because you will need a top class setup.

It's pretty pointless for central defenders.  There is an invisible wall near the half line that central defenders won't cross (except for set pieces) whether they have this PPM or not.

A Libero (attack) can be used, but an "attacking" central defender (for want of a better phrase) doesn't really exist in game.

Archived