South Africa Lower Divisions

40yardheader

I've created a South African database which is workable to Level 4 but I can't get Level 5 to work. I activated the leagues and created a parent division at Level 5 and set all the regional leagues I'm trying to include to level 5 but the wizard in the creator offers the new leagues as the parent division and the leagues above as the sub-divisions. I should probably add that this is the first database I've tried and I don't really know what I'm doing! My Level 4 database seems to work well and is on the Steam Workshop as 40yardheader "South Africa Lower Divisions". Please have a look at what I've done so far and feel free to try and solve my problem for me as I'm spending too much time on the editor and not enough time playing the game! I've attached the working database and my attempts so far at activating Level 5. The first file is the one that works.

South African Lower Diivisions_E0AFE693-CA82-477C-AB50-6594158A27AC.fmf

SALD2_3B3291E8-879E-4ACE-8D60-CB0AB0989A75.fmf

I've worked out the problem and have started working on a more realistic regional structure at Level 4. Gauteng 3rd divisions don't exist, the teams I was trying to put into Level 5 are Level 4 teams and the level 4 leagues don't have any teams in them which is why they wouldn't work. Researching what teams are in each of the 52 regional leagues is very bloody difficult!

I hear you. It's almost impossible to keep track of which teams are where since teams frequently move, change owners and similar. I still use FM15 so can't open your file( I think) but you're essentially right. 

In my own South African pyramid I have given up on the idea of having all the 52 regional leagues. I stick to the 9 provincial divisions instead. In some provinces I use groups. It's not perfect as teams aren't really geographically sorted but it'll have to do. 

Ive found teams for four out of the six SAB Gauteng province leagues and started creating missing teams. I just need Johannesburg and Medsweding to get that region working. I may add others as I go along but I think I'd need to create around 900 teams! Even FMs South Africa researcher couldn't give me league tables for the SAB League.

Yeh, unfortunately the SAB leagues are run individually by each of the 52 regions, so it would basically be trying to contact each region, and then each team. (If you do want to try this momentous task, I suggest searching Facebook, as clubs, leagues, SAFA-regions, fans etc. often set up their own little pages like... https://www.facebook.com/groups/the4thmoment/permalink/701199659915423/ or https://www.facebook.com/groups/676385462480825/?multi_permalinks=1135233679929332%2C1135225009930199%2C1135213853264648&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1483512955368185 or https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=mopani sab league - searching SAB league or SAB regional or more direct searches to teams, etc.)

I had actually hoped to add them, but because they change so dramatically each year, it became an impossible task. Even the 9 ABC Motsepe leagues are difficult to cover, as teams change regularly, players can only be contracted a year at a time. (the league also starts a little later than the two pro divisions, so sometimes the data at release is based on the season before, and only after the January transfer window they're updated correctly - I usually put a patch on Steam Workshop though with the correct ABC set-up)

SAFA have got better with updating the ABC, but as you can see below not with the SAB :(

http://www.safaonline.co.za/public/index.php

I've downloaded that patch from Steam and played it. I've got four of the five remaining Gauteng Regional Leagues done. I just need Johannesburg team lists then I'll publish with Gauteng Province working to Level 4 then add other Provinces later. You're dead right, the best way to get the information is by searching on Facebook.

Archived