Enormous amount of injuries

I have enourmous amount of injuries in my FM17 save!

Through 3+ seasons I have had long injuries on several of my key players throught he whole season.

I have the best physios in the Premier League. I train high intensity physics training during preseason, I never use players with condition below 90%.

I train my players on average intensity throughout the season, puts the intensity down on low with several matches in a week.

Injuries is occurring during mathces, but mostly during training.

Are there anyone that has an idea for what I can do to decrease the amount of injuries?

Tore Olav

Firstly, provide some clarification as to how many an "enormous" amount of injuries are? How many do you have out injured at one time? Is it a regular thing to have that many out?

When are these injuries happening? Pre-season or during?

Hello HUNTT3R,

I have had between 3-6 players out with longtime injuries for the most amount of  3 seasons. Then add the 3-4 players with shortterm injuries.

It occurs in pre-season, in training during season, and in matchplayduring pre-season or during the season.

I have had broken legs, ligament injuries, achilles injuries, ACL, ++

Maybe I have alot of injury prone players..

My mate basically has the same players in his save, and have 1 or 2 injuries, but not nearly the same as me.

Could it be that I do not get the pre-season done right, so that the players are not ready for a season of football?

I am rotating rather fairly, so I never use players under 90% condition.

High intensity fitnes training during pre-season is generally a bad idea. The main reason it puts a lot of stress on your players which increases the chance of injury for next to no benefit becasue general fitness training is about improving attributes & during pre-season players will not have enough time or matches to attain the CA points necessary to have anything other than a marginal increase in their physical attributes, we're takling 0.1-0.2 increases at best but for the most part there wil be no increase for all the effort. 

Some light fitnes training will help with general condition recovery between pre-season matches & see players regain match sharpness a little quicker, some FM'ers will swear by that approach while others like myself will spend pre-season using balanced general training at a medium intensity or lower with maximum focus on match prep.

Once the season gets going it's all about squad management & on that subect you will have yet more variations in how people approach the challenge, of course we cannot forget expectations of what injuries levels are the norm & having a few players out for most of the season with an aditional 3 or 4 unavailble at any given time is at the higher end of the expected number of injuries but it's not an uncommon, in FM or IRL.

Finally there are your tactics, if you're trying to emulate Klopp with a high intensity system to overwhelm your opponents then one of the trade-offs is the stress it puts on your players & some will see their bodies fail them, another scenario is a low pace possession approach that draws your opponents into making poorly timed challenges, the plus side is this then creates space for your players to exploit but in can increase the risk of impact injuries.

Thanks for nice inputs Barside :)

Ill definitely try another preseason next time!

I am managing Newcastle United, were not that unfamiliar with injurycrisis. I better take a phone call til Rafa and hear how he got control of the injuries in the northeast :)

Archived