SI, why did you...

Tobcoach

...change the way to change kits in a .xml-file?

Let me explain myself: in FM14 (my last FM-game before FM17) I made an enormous database-file, containing more than 2400 Dutch amateur club and the entire Dutch football piramid (9 tiers). In order to add those clubs with all their respective data, I used an Excel sheet to quickly generate data which I could paste into an .xml-file. Opening that file in the FM14-editor saved me a lot of time. In total, I made about 22000 changes to the database.

In the FM17-editor, I am able to use most of the FM14-data. The only thing that doesn't work is adding home and away kits for the new teams. In FM14 it was relatively easy to change those kits by editing the .xml-file. In Fm17, SI uses a system with some sort of coded data which makes it virtually impossible to mass-edit the kits with a selfmade .xml-file.

I want to make my database a close to the real situation as possible, but if I need to manually add and change all kits for the 2400 clubs, it would take me more than 200 hours to do so. To compare this with FM14: I was able to add and change all kits in about 10 hours.

So hopefully you can understand my frustration about the changes SI made in adding and editing the kits.

Glad I could get that frustration off my chest.

The XML for kits does seem odd.  I've managed to reproduce pretty much everything you can edit, but the kits don't make much sense to me.  Seems completely different to how the rest of the data is built up.  Currently I'm just randomising everything, but that doesn't really help your case.  I'll take another look when I get a chance, see if I get more luck with it.

Archived