Hungerford FC - The Crusaders are here to stay!!!

Magika80

Welcome to my Hungerford FC Career Thread.

I have been reading a few guides on which team to manage on FM17 and Hungerford seemed to pop up as a very viable and challenging option so i hope i can have a succesful career here.

Heres a brief bit of information going back to how we got here...

At the end of their first season in the Southern League Division One South & West, the club parted company with manager Alan Clark, and replaced him with David Hargreaves, ,stating that they wanted a fresh approach to there aspirations in the higher leagues,clearly the have lofty plans with Hargreaves in charge,The club were promoted to the Southern League Premier division via the 2012–13 play-offs, winning both games against Paulton rovers and Merthyr Town after extra-time.Hungerford got into the play-offs in 2014/15 but were beaten by Truro City. Hungerford bounced back in 2016 however and won promotion to the National League South by defeating Hitchin Town (3–2)in the play-off semi-final and then Leamington (2–1) in the final to progress to their highest level of football in their 130 years of history.

David Hargreaves_  Inbox.png

The team play at the Town Ground Hungerford,with a tiny capacity of 1,500 with the success i intend to bring this will have to be expanded although finances will have to be also managed carefully.

hungerford-town-bulpit-lane-west-side-1470143220.jpg

Hungerford_Town_F.C._logo.png

The squad seems not too bad but it is evident that looking at this areas in defence need strengthened,midfield seems not too bad,but we also need to get a couple of forwards in capable at playing at this level.

Hungerford Town_ Players Players.png

The backroom staff is tiny and this will be one of my first tasks at the club and that is to bring in my own people,as the current folk dont seem upto the task at hand.

Hungerford Town_ Overview All.png

My next update will be the end of pre-season,which i aim to get a good few games in,to try get the players upto speed.Hope everyone can enjoy my thread and lets see if we can motor through the leagues here...

I also noted that Southampton striker Charlie Austin was on the books at som point here a long time ago - Not bad eh??

Also embarking on a save with Hungerford (nearest club to where i live on this game), i had a rocky first season, scaping a mid table finish.

Second season ended with promotion via play offs i utilised the 4-3-1-2 Gamebreaker by the Reckonist tactic, it seemed to fit the team as i had no decent wide players so a narrow system has worked well.

Will update further once i get in to my third season, struggling to attract any decent LL players and my best keep getting poached!! not usually a LLM player so not sure of any must sign players at this level.

Have just started a Hungerford save myself, so will be keeping a close eye on your thread!  I like a good challenge in FM, and this seemed perfect!

At the moment I'm running a flat 4-4-2 which seems to have worked OK in the friendlies I've played so far.  The biggest challenge seems to be attracting players, as I get knocked back by so many.  Have managed to grab a couple of new players, and have completely changed my backroom staff, so looking forward to my first season!

Archived