Preparing for FM17, Re-evaluating tactic

Hello guys,

I've been spending a huge amount of time, 38 days, 8 hours and 7 minutes to be precise, on FM16 with Watford and proceeded to win multiple titles. With the top training facilities, using FM Scout to look for high potentials, and thanking FM for all the -9.5 to -9 potential players (Seriously, Tielemans, Maia, Barkley, Gnabry, Nouri. All of them. Legends.), I managed to reach the hall of fame, even having an unbeatable season in both cups and league. Due to the slowness of my laptop, I unfortunately couldn't come first in time, but this isn't the point of the post.

The point of this post is for a new formation which I want to try out in FM17. I would like advice on how to improve my formation and make my Raumdeuter my main attacker. Reason why is because I would like to create myself as a Raumdeuter, and becoming a young Thomas Muller. I've seen many people play the Raumdeuter role perfectly, some getting around +40 goals with their space invader. I'm not going to say I dislike my stats, as they're quite good, but I wanted to play him in a CR7 kind of way. To make my attacking players, playmaker and such, to have more of a passing play and wait for the Raumdeuter to run in and take the goal. Could anybody give me some advice in order to make my formation/tactics better for my Raumdeuter?

FORMATION.png

INSTRUCTIONS.png

RAUMDEUTER STATS.png

RAUMDEUTER.png

I currently use a Raumdeuter in a system that is designed to create space. If you want him as your main outlet for goals, make sure your system's specific point is to create space for him to 'investigate'. I use a false 9 with a SS just to the left of him, and then the RMD on the right, the SS and the RMD just get goals for fun. Maybe try ticking roam from positions on TIs, I cant imagine my system working without that. 

Another key part of my system, is that in order to create space for my RMD and SS, I need the players that are creating the space (F9, IWB etc) to focus on their job. In order to do this I've gone against my normal ideology of playing Fluid or very fluid and we are on Structured, to make sure my creative players (both space creation and chance creation), are doing their jobs specifically. Maybe give that a go?

Good luck!

I was looking at the Pis for your raumdeuter and noticed you have hold up ball for him. How about removing it to free him up to do more wandering into more dangerous areas to exploit the opponent? My idea of holding up ball is to wait for others to rush in before playing them in. If the intention is to get him to score more, shouldn't others be holding up the ball for him to get on the end of things?

34 minutes ago, Jyuan83 said:

How about removing it to free him up to do more wandering into more dangerous areas to exploit the opponent?

Aye, I was thinking that was a mistake. But then I realised that my regen had a very strange trait for a regen, "Dictates Tempo". I was playing him as an Advance Playmaker LW from seasons 1 to 3 and it made him have a multitude of key passing. That being said, and the fact that he had great passing skills/vision, I kept hold up ball as it kept some of his playmaking style.

17 hours ago, Marstik said:

I would like advice on how to improve my formation and make my Raumdeuter my main attacker. ... becoming a young Thomas Muller... but I wanted to play him in a CR7 kind of way. To make my attacking players, playmaker and such, to have more of a passing play and wait for the Raumdeuter to run in and take the goal.

Muller & CR7 in one player? I think you ask to much!

I would personally get rid of those PI's, your playing Fluid so they have a good amount of creative freedom to deviate from the instructions.

I think the main issue is your playing as Narrow as possible.  He's a "space invader" as you said, where is the space for him?  I've done the same type of thing in the past but have found moving "outside in" is a lot better.  Stretch opponents wide then exploit the space they leave centrally, or give your player more time to control/cross/pass/dribble as a defender comes to meet him.

I'd also consider a defend role in CM on his side so you have more depth so players don't try to use the same space as him, some cover for the RMD + FB-A would probably help you stop counter attacks to.

4 hours ago, summatsupeer said:

He's a "space invader" as you said, where is the space for him?

The entire formation is supposed to be narrow and fluid, built for pass and play rather than switches and long balls. The formation gets me around 65-75% possession per game and it works excellently. One of his roles is to roam from his position anyways, so he sits narrower to cut inside easily, giving him goal scoring opportunities, whereas making him work wider would make it harder to cut inside and pass through defenders. The wider path is more for wingers wanting to cut in and requires dribbling and flair, alongside a few raumdeuter stats. Whilst sitting narrower allows for the Thomas Muller breakthrough runs and requires acceleration, decisions, and anticipation. But good advice. He was playing wider in the 19/20 season and did exceptionally well. But then 20/21 came and he became much more of a playmaker.

4 hours ago, summatsupeer said:

Muller & CR7 in one player? I think you ask to much!

What can I say? I'm ambitious with my youth. My squad is primarily regens. Estevez (RW) is a Messi Regen, Akkaya (CAM) is a Schweinsteiger Regen, and Andersen I'm not sure... He's got a CA of 185 and for next FM, when I make myself into a Raumdeuter, I'll put a -10 PA, so hoping to becoming the Muller/CR7 Hybrid, lol. Cristmas Mulleraldo.

Archived