Re-Defining Descriptions

I am aware there's a lot of people not happy with the way SI have worded/described the roles, duties, attributes, TIs, PIs, PPMs, etc. 

I thought I'd make a thread for people to possibly re-word or elaborate on all the definitions that you think need improving. 

Personally, I'd like a better understanding of the 'Teamwork' attribute. Some people see this as a 'greediness' rating, others see it as an attribute that represents responsibility and how much a player takes on. If anyone could do that, I'd appreciate it :)

1) Check the FAQs to see if something you need is detailed there.

2) If not, have you tried the FM Manual?  For example, the Player Attributes section found here http://www.footballmanager.com/manual/fm2016/players/player-attributes

The manual does actually contain some pretty useful information.

Other than that, you'll need to be very specific about what it is you want to ask about otherwise it becomes "can someone re-write the manual please".

From what I understand the way the match engine works, an attribute on it's own is not enough.

Attributes are strung together along with factors outside technical, mental, physical, and calculated for a final answer whether the player's action is successful and how successful or not.

Just like weather plays a part in work conditions, and varies from location to location, a player's performance is also affected.

Consider a forward whose job is to score goals.

Though he or she might have 20 for shooting, consider where does that 20 geographically come from... in front of goal, side of goal, inside the box, outside the box.

The permutations are lots and there's also the problem of data interpretation.

Being able to have an answer at a glance improves matchflow for the user rather than paralysis by analysis.

People wan't answers not trial and error... maybe because they're time poor, maybe because for educational reasons, maybe something else.

It's all about the propensity to get the job done.

Example, a player's suitability to perform a set of instructions and not conflict team instructions, or what roles and duties combine and don't conflict with the rest of the team and will light the board green.

Coaches don't carry xray machines to see the inside parts of a player's body, and they don't bath, clothe, feed, and put their players to bed, unless they're their own kids at junior level for duty of care reasons.

People want data represented different ways. Some are more word stimulated, some are more graphic stimulated, some are more numeric stimulated.

There's nothing wrong with that. You can have it all ways. Restuarants have varied meals on the menu to cater for different tastes.

For me, if it makes the game feel more human and not accountancy or lawyer work I'm in favour.

I've got a sweet tooth.

10 hours ago, herne79 said:

1) Check the FAQs to see if something you need is detailed there.

2) If not, have you tried the FM Manual?  For example, the Player Attributes section found here http://www.footballmanager.com/manual/fm2016/players/player-attributes

The manual does actually contain some pretty useful information.

Other than that, you'll need to be very specific about what it is you want to ask about otherwise it becomes "can someone re-write the manual please".

I just wanted a centralised thread where people could define attributes, instructions, etc. better than the game to help people and possibly stop them opening a new thread. 

Im still pretty new to the forums so forgive me if I was wrong, but I have read all of the stuff I need to read :)

Archived