Best way to get clean sheets?

Hey guys, I really enjoy winning games 1-0, 2-0 etc. as I like to have a great defensive record. What is the best way to consistently get clean sheets?

Would a high possession tactic be best? Also, if I score the first goal, should I go contain? 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Put them in the wash :brock:

I would say the main thing is a lower risk strategy (defensive / counter).  Once you have that your play should be quite safe so can add your style to it.

Team Shape could also help, if your deeper players are getting caught out in the Transition phase you might want a more structured shape so they get less involved until the attacking phase of play.  If you have more advanced positioned players they will tend to stay further upfield when your team doesn't have the ball though. Eg use 4141 rather than 4123 DM Wide.

Just because your playing low risk doesn't mean you can't play a more aggressive closing down style, players will just be more conservative and do things like make sure they have cover before trying to tackle (unless they decide what to do badly ofc!).

Then you need the right players for the style.

Archived