[Suggestion] FM Live Database Updates

Migmarra

Hi,

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but are there any plans to put in place live database updates?

For example it would be great if there was an option to update the database so that when i start a game it starts as today (rather than the start of last season) with leagues standings, transfers etc all up to date?

Or if that is too much, once a week updates say every Monday (So i can start a game as if it were last Monday and everything is up to date as per real life)?

Thanks,

Michael

While you've marked this as a suggestion I feel its only fair to bring a bit of knowledge in regards to how the FM Database is updated.

For any data update researchers are requested to check guidelines and respond with the relevant information. 

For all intents and purposes, all researchers have full time commitments in their lives. Whether its studying, work, family etc. The researchers are volunteers, we put in the effort and legwork we do for free. While some processes could be automated, the vast majority couldn't, and would still be reliant upon researchers to provide context and more nuanced details. 

I don't think there would be much of a research team left if our process changed even to the lesser "once per week" model you outline. There can't be that level of expectation from enthusiastic volunteers, and I don't think SI could afford to take on the research team as some 1000+ more full time professionals.  

This is before any work is done on SI's side for testing any changes to ensure they're working correct and putting it out come into play. 

• 4 months later...

Archived