RYB Career - A Romanian story in FM16

Andy Sava

The defeat to Man Utd must've been demoralizing but there's clear signs of progress - the large bids for França, and Emerson picking up a Brazil cap despite playing in the Romanian league. 

You're well ahead of me in the quest for bringing back a Champions League to Eastern Europe, although that's also because you've played 12 seasons in the time I've just barely started season 2. :D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, noikeee said:

The defeat to Man Utd must've been demoralizing but there's clear signs of progress - the large bids for França, and Emerson picking up a Brazil cap despite playing in the Romanian league. 

You're well ahead of me in the quest for bringing back a Champions League to Eastern Europe, although that's also because you've played 12 seasons in the time I've just barely started season 2. :D

I am lucky the players get over me not wanting to sell them really quickly. 

4 hours ago, EvilDave said:

Good job bouncing back in the CL, and maintaining domestic dominance even after selling so many of your stars. Is the threat of FFP gone for good now do you think?

I think we are ok for now, we even made profit for the last FFP period but we have to be carefull. The mistake i made was that i rushed to get as many good players as i can and that meant higher wages than we could afford. More control over the wages and contract clauses and i think we will be ok. I was used to playing in Germany where you get 100 million Euros from winning the Bundesliga, in Romania i get 100k from winning Liga I :) 

5 hours ago, noikeee said:

What team are you trying with?

I tried a game with Petrolul and did quite decently in 2 seasons (won the League in season two) but the need for work permits annoyed me a bit too much to begin with. I'm trying to do the same with a Finnish club though, no problems here and the league is improving.

Nonethless, you seem to be doing quite well on your own, good luck on that CL group and hopefully you'll sneak in 3rd place and steal a EL spot from Celtic, if not better!

5 hours ago, noikeee said:

CSKA Sofia in neighbouring Bulgaria!

Good luck! Do you have problems with work permits in Bulgaria?

2 hours ago, Mascarpone said:

I tried a game with Petrolul and did quite decently in 2 seasons (won the League in season two) but the need for work permits annoyed me a bit too much to begin with. I'm trying to do the same with a Finnish club though, no problems here and the league is improving.

Nonethless, you seem to be doing quite well on your own, good luck on that CL group and hopefully you'll sneak in 3rd place and steal a EL spot from Celtic, if not better!

It's the most annoying part of the save and the most challenging. The European wonderkids don't want to join us because of the lifestyle in the country but the south american players want to come so they can launch their career in Europe. Work permits are a pain in the ass in Romania.

Logo Dinamo București.svg

Dinamo Bucharest - 2027/2028 Season Review

The Club

Transfers | Squad | Information | Finances | Records | Best Eleven

It's getting to a point where i'm getting frustrated from the lack of progress in Champions League. The main problem is the lack of interest from quality european players to join our side. I loaded a few other nations to help with this but it also increases the difficulty of European Competitions a bit.

We signed 2 very good young prospects this season, Gerard Diallo and Marielson Paulo. They were immediately sent on loan to our serbian affiliate Sloga in order for them to become EU national. It takes 3 years for this to happen.

We signed two other players to increase our depth, Tinguinha and Joaquim Bras. Tinguinha came from Corinthians and is a decent left midfielder for our squad. We signed Joaquim Bras as a replacement for Patric as he was getting close to retiring (he actually did retire at the end of the season). A pretty decent player but i would like someone better and younger to join the team as a right back.

I will probably go on a search for some better players, mostly looking for defenders.

We may lose Franca at the end of next season, his contract is expiring and he isn't interested in renewing it.I might sell him so we can make some money. Simon Boyle was allowed to leave, he wanted another challenge in his career and he wasn't seeing much playtime with Emerson Ramos in the team.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

League Table - Fixtures | Liga I Champions Playoff - Fixtures |  Season Records

A large points difference between us and 2nd place again but we had quite a few shaky performances this season even though we only lost 2 games. Mostly the problems were in the front where in some games we couldn't finish very well.

League Cup

Fixtures | Season Records

The run continues as we won another final, this time against FC Steaua.

Romanian Cup

Fixtures |  Season Records

Hello darkness my old friend...It's that kind of season again and we lost in the 7th round after a penalty shootout against FC Viitorul.

Champions League

Fixtures | Season Records

Group Stage

What better start to the group stages could you wish for? We won 3-1 at home against Arsenal and 2-0 away against Celtic. Then followed a 2-3 defeat at the hand of Bayern and another 0-1 defeat against them, this time at home. In the home game we had a few huge chances that we missed and will come to bite us in our behind. Words can't describe how sad i was after our 2-4 defeat at Emirates Stadium against Arsenal. The loss meant we won't go on in the knock-out rounds of Champions League as, at most, we could only tie Bayern in points but they had the head-to-head advantage. Our only chance was securing 3rd place in the last game against Celtic. A game which we almost lost as we had trouble finishing again and Celtic had a huge chance in the final minutes of the game.

Europa League

Fixtures

Our first opponent was Galatasaray. A team with very good players that gave us trouble and it showed in both games. We won the home leg 4-2 but we almost lost the qualification in the second leg. Galatasary was 2-0 up from minute 18 until minute 87 when Emerson Ramos scored the qualifying goal for us even tho we lost the game 1-2.

In the 2nd KO Round we faced Southampton. A better performance overall, i would say, and we got through to the Quarter Finals after a 2-1 win at home a 1-1 draw away.

It was our first time in a European Quarter-Final and we got Napoli in the draw. A very good team that won Serie A this season. With players like Gennaro Marotta, Oscar Mondragon and Ender Ceylan they were the clear favorites. The first game was played in Italy at San Paolo in city of Naples. Oscar Mondragon scores the first goal but Franca gets the equalizer quickly. The game was quite close and even if we had most of the possession, Ezequiel Ponce scored the winning goal for Napoli, ending the game in a 1-2 defeat for us.

With an away goal and a good performance in the first game i had hopes we could go through to the semifinals. Two goals, one after another, from Damian Foley and Cristian Spataru, got us in front and the game was looking really good for us. Until the 55th minute when Iulian Ferfelea got a second yellow and was sent off AND gave a penalty for Napoli. Marotta scored the penalty but we still had a chance. We tried everything we could to defend but the quality of the Napoli players showed and they pushed on to score two more goals and almost securing the semifinal spot. Ramos scored for us but it was to late as we needed two more goals. The final result was 3-3 and Napoli was going to the semifinals.

It was a hearthbreaking end to a somewhat dissapointing European season (i know we did well to get to the Europa League quarter-final, but i finished the season with the feeling we should - and could - have done better).

Season's Best Eleven

5c04b323875f9527c2724774835ebfeb.png    

GK - Herve Kongnyuy<54 Apps, 52 Goals Allowed, 17 Shutouts, 7.03 Av Rat>

DR - Ilija Tumbakovic<41 Apps, 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.57 Av Rat>

DC - Iulian Ferfelea - <35(4) Apps, 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.31 Av Rat>

DC - Douglas<50 Apps, 3 Goals, 7.21 Av Rat>

DL - Ruben Barbosa<50(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 16 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.75 Av Rat>

MC - Cristian Spataru - <43(2) Apps, 8 Goals, 8 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.74 Av Rat>

MC - Pereira<48(4) Apps, 8 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.56 Av Rat>

AMR - Kjetil Rimau<42 Apps, 19 Goals, 15 Assists, 6 PoM, 7.94 Av Rat> - Won the European Golden Boy Award

AMC - Franca - <47(1) Apps, 11 Goals, 16 Assists, 12 PoM, 8.07 Av Rat>

AML - Martin Petkov<43(7) Apps, 16 Goals, 14 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.55 Av Rat>

ST - Emerson Ramos<49(5) Apps, 25 Goals, 10 Assists, 5 PoM, 7.21 Av Rat>

Substitutes

GK - Catalin Cotfas<1 App, 1 Goal Allowed, 6.90 Av Rat>

DC - Cristi Crisan<10 Apps, 1 Goal, 7.09 Av Rat>

M/AMC - Radu Piturca<11(30) Apps, 3 Goals, 5 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

AMR/L - Guevin Tormin<22(11) Apps, 6 Goals, 10 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.37 Av Rat>

AMR/L, ST - Dorin Rotariu<14(17 Apps, 13 Goals, 5 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.28 Av Rat>

DR - Patric - <23(12) Apps, 6 Assists, 7.50 Av Rat>

ST - Damian Foley - <10(17) Apps, 14 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.23 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

Season   |   Liga I   |   Romanian Cup   |   League Cup   |   Champions League   |   Europa League
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16         2nd            Winners        Eighth Round             N/A                  N/A 
16/17         1st          Semifinals        Semifinals              N/A                  N/A
17/18         1st            Winners        Quarter Final        Group Stage              N/A
18/19         1st            Winners        Quarter Final     Champions Playoff    1st Knock-Out Round
19/20         1st             Final          Semifinals          Group Stage       2nd Knock-Out Round
20/21         1st            Winners           Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round
21/22         1st           7th Round          Winners           Group Stage              N/A
22/23         1st            Winners           Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
23/24	      1st          Semifinals          Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round
24/25         1st           7th Round          Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
25/26         1st            Winners           Winners               N/A                  N/A
26/27         1st            Winners           Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
27/28         1st           7th Round          Winners           Group Stage          Quarter Final

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028

Career Goals

The goal is to make Dinamo Buc. the most successfull club in Romania. To achieve this goal we have to overtake Steaua in number of competitions won.

Competition       |   Steaua   |   Dinamo Buc.      
----------------------------------------------------
      Liga I               26             30
  Cupa Romaniei            23             20
    League Cup             2              8
 Champions League          1              0
   Europa League           0              0

It is done:

c9e64aa16ea2d18ae61cd53562743716.png

Franca didn't want to renew his contract so i had to sell him for profit. The problem is, we got a 45M offer for him from Porto during the summer transfer period but he got injured during the Olympics so the deal was canceled....I had to settle for 22.5M Euros now. The stupid Olympic Games cost me 20M Euros...

23 hours ago, Andy Sava said:

Good luck! Do you have problems with work permits in Bulgaria?

Not really, but I'm only signing players from Eastern European nationalities.

I believe the system in Bulgaria is a little different, I don't think there's work permits, but you're limited to only 3 non-EU players in the matchday squad and 5 in the whole roster.

Back to your side, I wouldn't be disappointed at all with a Europa League quarter-final. That's some pretty solid progress and slowly a few runs like this will ramp up both your club's and your league's reputations, so those quality players you can't sign right now will start getting interested in moving to Romania.

6 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Not really, but I'm only signing players from Eastern European nationalities.

I believe the system in Bulgaria is a little different, I don't think there's work permits, but you're limited to only 3 non-EU players in the matchday squad and 5 in the whole roster.

Back to your side, I wouldn't be disappointed at all with a Europa League quarter-final. That's some pretty solid progress and slowly a few runs like this will ramp up both your club's and your league's reputations, so those quality players you can't sign right now will start getting interested in moving to Romania.

Yes, i realize that and i can already see this in-game as more and more players are attracted to play for us. It was a slow start but things might start going better. The only problem i see for the future is going to be the money we'll need to keep world class players at the club in the long run.

Dinamo Bucharest - 2028/2029 Season Review

The Club

We were coming from a good European run last season but our best players were very unsettled and wanted to move to better leagues. Liga I isn't a competitive league for the quality of players we have in the team so it's quite understandable. We did everything we could to keep them at the club and only Franca left in the winter break to join FC Porto for 22.5 million euros. We had a 45 million euros offer from Porto for Franca in the summer but he got injured during Brazil duty in the Olympics and the deal was canceled.

We were close to lose Kongnyuy as his contract was expiring and he didn't want to renew it but after a small fight because i didn't want to accept bids for him he ended up apologizing for his outburst and signed a new contract a few days later. 

We also lost one of our regens from last season, Iulian Lificiu, for 5.5 million euros to Arsenal. I didn't want to sell him (seeing how Arsenal was interested it was obvious he had alot of potential) but the board intervened and accepted the offer without the possibility for me to contest the decision.

Ex Atletico player Ruben Seoane joined us after being released from his contract. I signed him in case Franca was leaving and he had good performances throughout the season. He was joined by slovenian winger Matic Rozman and in the winter break we added Luciano Acha, Ivan Cameli and Paulo, 3 south american players with second nationalities in the EU which meant we didn't have to worry about work permits.

Liga I moved up in the rankings and is now in 11th place in Europe. Dinamo also moved up 7 positions and is now ranked 25th in Europe.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

We won the league with 6 games left in the playoff. This was good for us as we could focus on other competitions.

League Cup

We needed extra-time in the quarter final against CSMS Iasi but we had another run that ended with a trophy.

Romanian Cup

We are coming close to Steaua in number of Romanian Cups won after winning our 21st trophy in the competition. Just 3 more to overtake Steaua.

Champions League

Group Stage

The draw was favorable to us, we got Chelsea, Napoli and Basel. We've beaten Basel before and the last season's quarter-final against Napoli gave us hope for qualifying from the group.

The first game was at home against Chelsea and despite taking the lead we lost the game 1-2. The following game had us taking another trip to Naples for the Napoli game. We scored really quick and we won the game 2-1

I wasn't expecting Basel to be this strong and they surprised us in a 1-2 defeat but we bounced back and won the second game against Basel with the same score.

A massive game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge from Franca and Rimau secured us the win and a spot in the Champions League 1st KO Round.

In the last day of the group stage we won 3-1 against Napoli and thanks to Basel, who held Chelsea to a draw, finished the group in 1st place.

The Knock-Out Rounds

We were seeded for the 1st KO Round but ofcourse the game gave us the hardest draw possible, Champions League winners in the last season, Manchester City. I thought we were done for but a surprising 2-2 tie in Manchester gave us hope that we can make a first time appearance in a Champions League quarter-final. Rimau had another stellar performance and led us to a historic moment for Dinamo Bucharest after a 2-1 win at home.

Football Manager might be scripted, after getting Napoli in the group stage after losing to them in Europa League last season we now got FC Porto, Franca's new team, in our Champions League quarter-final. Franca might regret leaving after we beat Porto 1-0 and 2-1 to qualify for the semifinals. Unfortunatelly Rimau got injured in the first leg against Porto and was going to miss the rest of the season. A huge blow to our chances to perfor in the semifinals.

FC Bayern shattered our dreams of a Champions League final in the first game at Allianz Arena with a 0-3 defeat. We did have chances to score tho but we lacked composure in front of goal. The second leg was a thriller with 7 goals which we managed to win in the end 4-3.

I am very happy that we finally managed to get past the 1st KO Round and we had a great run with great showings even in the lost semi-final against Bayern.

Season's Best Eleven

9cabe3c337b7d13528d3a9ff894e9259.png    

First Eleven

GK - Herve Kongnyuy<48 Apps, 33 Goals Allowed, 23 Shutouts, 6.96 Av Rat>

DR - Joaquim Bras<51 Apps, 2 Goals, 24 Assists, 11 PoM, 8.03 Av Rat>

DC - Ilija Tumbakovic<52 Apps, 6 Goals, 2 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.44 Av Rat>

DC - Douglas<58 Apps, 2 Goals, 7.20 Av Rat>

DL - Ruben Barbosa<52(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 9 Assiss, 4 PoM, 7.69 Av Rat>

MC - Cristian Spataru<45(1) Apps, 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.67 Av Rat>

MC - Pereira<49(2) Apps, 2 Goals, 1 Assist, 7.40 Av Rat>

AMR - Kjetil Rimau<41(1) Apps, 24 Goals, 17 Assists, 12 PoM, 8.19 Av Rat>

AMC - Ruben Seoane<34(8) Apps, 9 Goals, 8 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.77 Av Rat>

AML - Matic Rozman<32(12) Apps, 13 Apps, 3 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.26 Av Rat>

ST - Emerson Ramos<44(3) Apps, 30 Goals, 13 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.50 Av Rat>

Substitutes

GK - Ianis Batfoi<7 Apps, 6 Goals Allowed, 3 Shutouts, 7.01 Av Rat>

DC - Iulian Ferfelea<13(22) Apps, 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 6.98 Av Rat>

AML - Martin Petkov<21(10) Apps, 6 Goals, 9 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.45 Av Rat>

DL/ML/AML - Tinguinha<18(13) Apps, 5 Goals, 4 Assists, 7.23 Av Rat>

ST - Damian Foley<20(11) Apps, 13 Goals, 8 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.18 Av Rat>

DC - Cristi Crisan <1(5) Apps, 2 Assists, 6.84 Av Rat>

AMR/ST - Dorin Rotariu<9(22) Apps, 5 Goals, 2 Assists, 6.98 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

Season   |   Liga I   |   Romanian Cup   |   League Cup   |   Champions League   |   Europa League
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16         2nd            Winners        Eighth Round             N/A                  N/A 
16/17         1st          Semifinals        Semifinals              N/A                  N/A
17/18         1st            Winners        Quarter Final        Group Stage              N/A
18/19         1st            Winners        Quarter Final     Champions Playoff    1st Knock-Out Round
19/20         1st             Final          Semifinals          Group Stage       2nd Knock-Out Round
20/21         1st            Winners           Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round
21/22         1st           7th Round          Winners           Group Stage              N/A
22/23         1st            Winners           Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
23/24	      1st          Semifinals          Winners           Group Stage       1st Knock-Out Round
24/25         1st           7th Round          Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
25/26         1st            Winners           Winners               N/A                  N/A
26/27         1st            Winners           Winners       1st Knock-Out Round          N/A
27/28         1st           7th Round          Winners           Group Stage          Quarter Final
28/29         1st            Winners           Winners            Semi-Final              N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027, 2029
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029

Career Goals

The goal is to make Dinamo Buc. the most successfull club in Romania. To achieve this goal we have to overtake Steaua in number of competitions won.

Liga I               26             31
  Cupa Romaniei            23             21
    League Cup             2              9

We had to give him alot of money, especially because i didn't want to put a minimum release clause in the new contract and i had to add 10k euros/week to his salary and 100k to his loyalty bonus but we renewed his contract for 5 more years. d2add420b2b5d4cea64d4af97ea3ffb5.png

I may have don a mistake. Emerson Ramos didn't want to renew his contract which is expiring at the end of the season but i didn't try to sell him because i still had hopes. Now it's to late and we will lose him on a free transfer. The funny thing is that he might join Napoli, a team we beat the crap out of this season in Champions League. He was there with us! He scored 3 goals against them! Why in the world would he join them...just because Seria A has a bigger reputation than Liga I...

EDIT: And he did it.

9a2d27e4b8edfbd358ad9b080c5c772b.png

Now i really hope we face them again next season so we can beat them again. I already signed a replacement for him from Barcelona.

3b73db8914efda11779b81c3bc90fc57.png

Tough luck with these players, this problem happens often and the problem doesn't rely on the league's rep (most often) but within the club's rep. That guy you just signed looks great nonetheless, let's hope everything goes well for you guys!

Dinamo Bucharest - 2029/2030 Season Review

The Club

This season i spent the most money since i started the save. But we also made quite a bit from sales.

We sold Ilija Tumbakovic to Atletico and Tinguinha to Aston Villa for 7.5M Euros each. Iulian Ferfelea joined Malaga for 2.2M Euros, Radu Piturca went to Fenerbahce for 1.2M Euro and Martin Petkov to Cardiff for 1M Euros. In total we got 20M Euros from sales this season. We will also lose Emerson Ramos at the end of the season  because he didn't want to renew his contract.

Carlos Mora was the first player to join us this season. A 27 years colombian that started at Deportivo Cali in Colombia and was bought by Barcelona in 2021 for 1.6M Euros. He played 2 seasons for Barcelona B and after that was featured in very few games in the main team. He was released from his contract this season and he chose to join us.

The second player that joined us was Aitor Peces, another Barcelona player that didn't manage to get in their main team. He is a product of their academy and is only 24 years old. He didn't play much at Barcelona, not even for their second team, and was released last summer.

I found John Ravndal while scouting U19s national teams in Europe and payed 1.6M Euros to get him from Odd, his former club. He has alot of potential to grow and will probably replace Douglas starting next season. He is 18 years old, from Norway, and has a bright future in front of him, hopefully playing for us.

800k Euros was spent to get Roberto from Atletico Madrid. He was transfer listed and i consider him to be a great bargain for that kind of cash. Unfortunatelly he got injured in february during training and missed the rest of the season.

Another former Atletico Madrid player joined us on a free transfer. The 26 years old peruvian Cord Fuentes accepted our offer and joined as we needed cover for our right back position after Tumbakovic left.

I wanted a DM so i can play with during the tougher away games and after looking through some national teams i found Manuel Aguiar. 21 years old, from Portugal, and was transfer listed by Benfica. After some negotiation we agreed for a fee of 7.5M Euros and he was coming to Dinamo. 

The final transfer i made was somewhat forced because i am going to lose Emerson Ramos. Albert Alvarez was offered by his agent after being transfer listed by Barcelona but i wasn't to sure if i should get him. After realizing i am going to lose Ramos the decision was easy. We payed 7.25M Euros and Alvarez was now a Dinamo Bucharest player.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

We had a little bit more trouble than usual, mostly due to rotating the squad for Champions League. Even so, we won the league comfortably.

League Cup

Our run finally came to and end after a boring semi-final against Pandurii in which we lost after a penalty shootout. 

Romanian Cup

We were facing Steaua in the final and, after having a 2 weeks break before the game, it wasn't even close.

Champions League

Group Stage

We got a pretty decent group this year with Valencia, Zenit and Napoli. Napoli were coming as Serie A champions. Against Valencia we lost the first game 0-1 but won the 2nd game 2-1. Against Zenit we won 1-0 and got a 1-1 draw. Our biggest wins came from the Napoli games, 4-0 and 5-1. Napoli didn't get any points in the group and i wonder how the hell did they win Serie A.

The Knock-Out Rounds

Roma was our first opponent and they were 4-0 up after the 1st half. We tried to approach the game more carefully with a 4-1-2-3 formation and it backfired. At half-time i changed back to 4-2-3-1 as we had nothing to lose and we scored 3 goals ending the game 3-4. It was an  amazing comeback and we got 3 away goals that put us in a very good position. In the second game Roma came to Bucharest to park the bus. No, a bus is to small for how they played. They tried to park the freakin Great Wall. They started the game with 3 central defenders, 2 wing-backs, 1 defensive midfielder and 2 midfielders that clearly had a defensive duty. And it worked...for 10 minutes :) We scored the first goal in minute 11 and kept going until we scored our 5th goal in the 84th minute to finish the game with a 5-0 win. 

I swear to god this game is scripted. How else could we get Porto in the quarter-final for a second year in a row? We played the first game in Portugal and we managed to score first! It didn't last long though as Porto got 2 goals from Luis Piloto to win the game 2-1. Piloto is a 19 years old left midfielder which has grea......wait what's that? oh yea he has **** stats and is scoring 2 goals in a Champions League quarter-final, one of which was a amazing strike from about 20-25 meters while having 8 in Long Shots! I mean, how bad can we be to lose because of him??? Rant over.

So we had another deficit to overcome in the home leg, just like in the 1st KO Round against Roma. Luis Piloto didn't get lucky again and, just like Roma, Porto was leaving Bucharest with their head in the ground after we won the game 3-1.

Second year in a row we got to the semifinals and this time it was Barcelona. Barcelona's manager, Luis Enrique, started the mind games before the 1st leg saying that i was overrated. Overrated you say? I'll show you!!! Yeah, no, that didn't happen. Barcelona gave us a football lesson as they destroyed our dreams after 2 defeats, 0-4 at Camp Nou and 1-3 in Bucharest.

It's amazing that we are managing to get to the later stages constantly now and i hope we keep it up for the seasons to come. Eventually it will be our time to shine and get the long awaited trophy.

Season's Best Eleven

4c97f0c753879213a4126e742721d7c4.png     

GK - Herve Kongnyuy - <51 Apps, 43 Goals Allowed, 24 Shutouts, 7.06 Av Rat>

DR - Joaquim Bras<47 Apps, 2 Goals, 26 Assists, 10 PoM, 8.21 Av Rat>

DC - Aitor Peces<54(1) Apps, 2 Goals, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.25 Av Rat>

DC - Douglas<50(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 7.21 Av Rat>

DL - Carlos Mora<41(3) Apps, 1 Goal, 7 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.83 Av Rat>

MC - Paulo<46(5) Apps, 4 Goals, 5 Assists, 7.56 Av Rat>

MC - Pereira<42(7) Apps, 3 Goals, 5 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.35 Av Rat>

AMR - Kjetil Rimau<46(2) Apps, 25 Goals, 18 Assists, 11 PoM, 8.19 Av Rat>

AMC - Ruben Seoane - <44(9) Apps, 19 Goals, 7 Assists, 8 PoM, 7.82 Av Rat>

AML - Matic Rozman<40(4) Apps, 11 Goals, 5 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.40 Av Rat>

ST - Emerson Ramos<25(3) Apps, 20 Goals, 6 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.66 Av Rat>

Substitutes

GK - Ivan Cameli<7 Apps, 4 Goals Allowed, 4 Shutouts, 7.00 Av Rat>

DM/MC - Manuel Aguiar<18(12) Apps, 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.16 Av Rat>

MC - Cristian Spataru<22(17) Apps, 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.33 Av Rat>

DL - Ruben Barbosa<19(13) Apps, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.44 Av Rat>

ST - Damian Foley - <25(5) Apps, 14 Goals, 1  Assists, 2 PoM, 7.02 Av Rat>

DR - Cord Fuentes<11(12) Apps, 4 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.32 Av Rat>

AML/AMR/ST - Dorin Rotariu - <11(18) Apps, 4 Goals, 6.87 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

28/29         1st            Winners           Winners            Semi-Final              N/A
29/30         2st            Winners         Semifinals           Semi-Final              N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027, 2029, 2030
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029

Career Goals

Liga I               26             32
  Cupa Romaniei            23             22
    League Cup             2              9

Sure FM, don't postpone our game against Steaua because of international callups. Who even needs 7 players from the main team for the most important match in Liga I...

0467d5e7b8c39c764aff05d61df0d618.png

EDIT: I'm sorry FM, i will never doubt you again.

8a7f12464864969a2c30478a921fcf0d.png

Thank you Dorin Rotariu, you have most certainly been one of the best and most loyal players i had in FM. After a total of 573 appearances and 286 goals for Dinamo Bucharest and 78 caps & 23 goals for Romania he decided to retire at the end of the season. I offered him a coaching job and he is now a U19s coach at Dinamo. He helped us win alot of titles and was part of the amazing Romania team that won the World Cup in 2018. 

2078e383dcbd7959b8553806257a5fda.png

I am regretting tho that i offered him the coaching job to soon and he is going to miss this:

c0b0450baf55cb45156afae548f99cc7.png

What an end to his career it would have been...I feel bad now :( Even so his last 2 games were the League Cup final and the Romanian Cup final, scoring 3 goals. He ended his career on a high.

Dinamo Bucharest - 2030/2031 Season Review

The Club

We are still progressing as a club and we are now 8th in the club coefficient rankings and slowly rising in the reputation rankings. A new stadium is being build, named after me, Sava Arena, which is going to be ready in 2033. The great news is that the board managed to found the stadium from a new stadium sponsorship worth 20 milliom euros.

Even with our massive steps in Europe our better players still want to leave because of the league reputation. I can only do so much by myself and the other clubs are not really helping. The problem is that they have really good players now but can't perform in the European competitions and i'm not sure why is that. The other top teams even started to give me some trouble in our games but for some reason when they play in Europe they aren't doing that great. It' wouldn't matter so much but i'm tired of the same talks with the players that want to leave the team and the squad harmony is at an all-time low even now after we reached the freakin final in Champions League.

Players Out

I think this is the first season i spent more then i made from transfer. I am happy tho, as the players i brought in were key players for us this season. The most notable players that left the club were Roberto, Douglas and Ruben Barbosa. They were players that were not finding themselves playing very much and asked for transfers. The other notable departure was the retiring of Dorin Rotariu. He is a legendary player for us and is now a U19s coach at Dinamo Bucharest.

Players In

As for the players i brought in, 2 of them are young players with a bright future, 1 is a former Barcelona player that didn't find a place in their team and now after he performed sensational for us they want him back, and 1 is a massive oopsie i made.

The massive mistake i made was the signing of Miguel Angel Perez  from FC Porto. He would have been a good player for us and we payed 6.5M Euros to get him in the team. However, i managed to miss the news that said he was rejected a work permit....It was a disaster and i sent him on loan at our serbian affiliate but i'll probably sell him in the summer.

Jean Paul Rios was signed for 8M Euros from Barcelona. He had trouble breaking in their first team and was transfer listed when i found him. He had a great season for us and was instrumental in many of our big games this season and now they actually want him back. Stay away Barcelona, he is not for sale!

Andros Chailis on a free transfer and Eloy Gonzalez from Celta for 1.1M Euros complete our transfer list for this season. Andros Chailis was a unattached regen i found while browsing the known players tab and Gonzalez was transfer listed at Celta. They are 2 young player with tons of potential, just how i like it.

Finally, we now have Gerard Diallo and Marielson Paulo ready to play after getting their EU nationality in Serbia at our affiliate club.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

It's just not fun winning it like this anymore. I might do some funny stuff next season so i can have more of a challenge in the league.

League Cup

We're back to our winning ways and still undefeated in the Leagu Cup for 44 games now.

Romanian Cup

We finally caught up with Steaua in number of trophies and are now tied at 23.

Champions League

I hate Liverpool. Let's start with that.

Group Stage

We only lost to Real Madrid who finished the group undefeated but only 2 points ahead of us after getting 2 ties against Ludogorets and Fenerbahce. We came close to getting a draw in the home game but they scored  in the final minutes of the game.

Results: 0-2 A vs. Real Madrid, 7-0 H vs. Ludogorets, 1-0 A vs. Fenerbahce, 2-0 H vs. Fenerbahce, 1-2 H vs. Real Madrid, 8-0 A vs. Ludogorets.

1st KO Round - AS Roma

Are there other clubs in this tournament? We got Roma, again, in the 1st KO Round. Kudos to them for not coming at Dinamo to park the bus again but it still didn't go well for them. We won the home leg after a goalscoring spectacle with a final score of 6-3. It was a tricky score as it would have been entirely possible for us to lose the away leg 3-0 and exit the competition. But it didn't happen, we lost the game 2-3 and we moved on to the QF.

Quarter-Final - FC Porto

Porto? Again? Seriously? It's third time in a row we play them in the quarter-final.

Oh well they still couldn't beat us. The 1st leg was played in Portugal and we won after Albert Alvarez completed his hattrick in the 87th minute. The 2nd leg was a clean 3-0 victory in which Porto only got 2 shots on target. I guess we are their kryptonite.

Semi-Final - Arsenal

It was a really tricky semi-final against Arsenal. In the 1st game, at Dinamo, they managed to score 2 times and we wonly got one back, losing the game 1-2. It was a really tricky result to overturn with 2 away goals conceded.

It was a stressfull 2nd leg with Rimau scoring the first goal after 63 minutes. Albert Alvarez scored what was probably the most important goal of his career so far in the 71st minute. The goal that got us to the first Champions League final in the club's history after a 2-0 victory at Emirates Stadium. Dinamo reached the semi-final stage during the 80s but never a final. It was a historic moment for the club.

The Final - Liverpool

Not like this. Why did it have to be like this? I like AC Milan, i really do, but this was a part of their history i didn't want to recreate.

Albert Alvarez scored the first goal after 11 minutes. Matic Rozman made it 2-0 in minute 29 and after 7 minutes Alvarez scored his 2nd score. The score at half-time was 3-0 and i thought we were in a good position to win it.

I kept the same tactic in the 2nd half until Liverpool scored the 1st goal in the 63rd minute of the game. That's when i remembered, this seems familiar, i remember a Champions League final where Liverpool managed the impossible against AC Milan. So i changed to a more defensive 4-1-2-3 formation. However, you can't change fate and with 3 minutes left to play Liverpool equalized after a big mistake from Aitor Peces (he failed to clear the ball like he should) and the game was going to extra-time.

It was a pretty even first half in extra-time and we even had the chance to score first. Disaster happened in minute 111 and, after another mistake from Peces, Liverpool scored the winning goal. After the game i may have let my anger at what happened take the better of me and i immediatelly offered Peces to clubs. What annoyed me was that, after watching the replay many many times, i noticed Peces turned with the ball before passing it, he looked up, and there is no way he didn't see the Real Madrid player there but he still chose to make the pass instead of clearing. 

I'll take the positives from this tho:

• the fact that we were 3-0 up at half-time in the Champions League final against 4th time in a row Premier League champions gives me hope that it won't be long until we win it.
  • the fact that we are now the team that scored the most goals in a Champions League season ever, with 39 goals.
  • the fact that we managed to overcome the home leg result against Arsenal, ending their 14 games without defeat run in Champions League.
  • Rimau had the most assists in Champions League this season, 7.
  • Albert Alvarez came in second in goals scored with 13 goals from 11 games.
  • Cord Fuentes had the most key passes in the competition.
  • Aitor Peces and John Ravndal were 1st and 2nd in most key tackles made. This is why i think i may have exagerated when i transfer listed and offered Peces to clubs after the final. I can be a little hot-headed some times.

Overall it was a great tournament even though it ended in a heartbreaking way.

Season's Best Eleven

7b497f7dc3bceda43bbaffecd7c1f5ef.png      

GK - Herve Kongnyuy<55 Apps, 43 Goals Allowed, 31 Shutouts, 7.04 Av Rat>

DR - Cord Fuentes - <49(2) Apps, 3 Goals, 20 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.97 Av Rat>

DC - Aitor Peces - <53(1) Apps, 1 Goal, 7.38 Av Rat>

DC - John Ravndal - <48(2) Apps, 2 Goals, 7.29 Av Rat>

DL - Carlos Mora<51 Apps, 2 Goals, 15 Assists, 2 PoM, 7.89 Av Rat>

MC - Cristian Spataru<50(2) Apps, 7 Goals, 11 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.87 Av Rat>

MC - Jean Paul Rios - <38(11) Apps, 16 Goals, 15 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.76 Av Rat>

AMR - Kjetil Rimau<46(2) Apps, 25 Goals, 20 Assists, 10 PoM, 8.36 Av Rat>

AMC - Ruben Seoane<42(10) Apps, 15 Goals, 13 Assists, 12 PoM, 7.92 Av Rat>

AML - Matic Rozman<49(4) Apps, 25 Goals, 10 Assists, 3 PoM, 7.76 Av Rat>

ST - Albert Alvarez - <36(12) Apps, 38 Goals, 17 Assists, 6 PoM, 7.75 Av Rat>

Stubstitutes

GK - Ivan Cameli<5 Apps, 5 Goals Allowed, 2 Shutouts, 6.92 Av Rat>

DM/MC - Manuel Aguiar<12(25) Apps, 2 Assists, 6.93 Av Rat>

MC - Paulo<38(5) Apps, 3 Goals, 6 Assists, 7.56 Av Rat>

AML - Eloy Gonzalez - <11(20) Apps, 3 Goals, 6 Apps, 7.06 Av Rat>

ST - Damian Foley<25(12) Apps, 16 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.03 Av Rat>

DR - Joaquim Bras<15(20) Apps, 1 Goal, 4 Assists, 7.58 Av Rat>

AMR/ST - Dorin Rotariu<13(4) Apps, 5 Goals, 7.35 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

29/30         1st            Winners         Semifinals           Semi-Final              N/A
30/31         1st            Winners           Winners               Final                N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027, 2029, 2030, 2031
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2031

Champions League: 2031 Runners-Up

Career Goals

Liga I               26             33
  Cupa Romaniei            23             23
    League Cup             2              10

Well, i was planning to overtake them, that means i have to win it twice.

Runner-up for Rimau for Ballon d'Or

9b54f8f74a35a461ff9fd7361aca6ecb.png

We were close to a disaster as we secured our qualification from our Champions League group in the final game.

Can we play other teams too in Champions League please? It's not like it's only Roma and Porto in the draw....

We're out in the QF this year after a horrible defeat and a more horrible performance from our defence against Roma. We played pool inside the box instead of clearing, we passed the ball back in the box (again) to give them another goal and overall our defence sucked.

d67d99a58e8fdbe06112bceca1292a17.png

And this game came after another terrible defeat in the league:

447f0a62237d428ac2da280a22edd3cb.png

Dinamo Bucharest - 2031/2032 Season Review

The Club

A little late but we started taking advantage of the chinese market. We found an affiliate in China and we are going 2 times a year there for a tour. The total we get from merchendising now is about 12M Euros/season. I tried to search for an affiliate in USA but no luck so far. We are still doing some friendlies there in the pre-season  to help our brand.

We are reaching the point where we spend more than we can make in a season and i might look into letting one of the higher payed players go.

Kjetil Rimau won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award. He scored 21 goals and had 24 assists with an average rating of 8.40 in 46 games. Interest in him is high for about 3 seasons now. Every transfer window it's the same thing: Clubs bid, i reject, he gets upset, he gets over it. Rinse and repeat. I think i'll keep him another season to try and push for Champions League and look for a replacement for him. We should get good money for him, the highest bids so far reached 47M Euros (27M + installments and clauses).

Players Out

I lost Jean Paul Rios because of a stupid minimum fee release clause i couldn't get out of the contract (not negotiable). And guess who bought him! That's right, Barcelona. 

Aitor Peces left the club for 4.3M to Bordeaux after his performance in the Champions League final. Which i now regret because even tho he had a bad game in the final he played good until then. Something i can't say for his replacements.

I also managed to get rid of the mistake i made last season but at a loss. Miguel Angel Perez was sold to Malaga for 3.2M.

Players In

Somalia was bought for 7.5M from Benfica, he can play both as a striker and as an attacking midfielder. He was joined by Juan from Levante for 3.5M, Eneko Garcia from Eibar for 575K and Aitor Jimenez on loan from Athletic Bilbao. 

Eneko Garcia is a highly promising player and i'm sure he will be a star in the future. He had a 575K release clause which i consider an absurdly good bargain. 

Juan and Aitor Jimenez were brought in to replace Peces but, while performing well in the league, in Champions League they made some mistakes that cost us a few games. Aitor Jimenez is looking like he could develop into a good player but i don't think Athletic will let him go easy.

The Season

Competitions

Liga I

I want a undefeated season. And i almost got it. Until that dreadfull week where we lost 1-4 against Steaua. Will have a go at it again next season, it's become one of my goals.

League Cup

I thought about starting the U19s for the League Cup games but changed my mind because i want to win as many trophies as i can before ending the save (which will be after i win 2 Champions League trophies). So we're going to keep going and win some more.

Romanian Cup

Another final against Steaua, it was 3-0 this time as we became the team with the most Romanian Cup trophies. Only Champions League left now.

Champions League

Group Stage

We made an easy group hard. We had a good start with wins over Ajax and Zenit but we almost bottled it as we only got 1 point from the 2 Porto games and lost against Ajax. At this point we were tied for 2nd place with Ajax and tied in our head-to-head but they had a better goal difference. Porto and Ajax finished their game in a draw and we beat Zenit to qualify from the group in 2nd place.

Results: 3-0 H vs. Ajax, 2-0 A vs. Zenit, 0-5 A vs. Porto, 1-1 H vs. Porto, 0-3 A vs. Ajax, 6-0 H vs. Zenit

1st KO Round - Sevilla

Sevilla was no problem for us and we were lucky to get them as a 2nd seed for the draw. We hammered them at home where we won 4-1 and won the away game 1-0. It was 2 good games and i thought that our bad performances in Champions League this season were over. How naive of me...

Quarter-Final - AS Roma

Roma was coming to Bucharest for a third Champions League season in a row, this time in the quarter-final. We had chances, we played well but our lack of composure in front of goal and our poor defending only gave us a 3-2 win and things were not looking good for our chances. Roma was out for revenge and they got it in the game at Olimpico and after Porto gave us a good beating it was Roma's turn. An appalling performance from us with back-passing leading to a goal, with not clearing the ball from the box leading to a goal and many more mistakes, gave Roma a 5-1 win and a place in the semifinals.

It was bound to happen, it's hard to get to the semifinals or the final every season, especially when you have all the big european countries loaded. I'm just disappointed because we couldn't make them work for it. We were just plain bad in the second game against Roma.

Season's Best Eleven

a1aec94c95a9ac609b26d0ecc684f56d.png       

First Eleven

GK - Herve Kongnyuy<37 Apps, 32 Goals Allowed, 21 Shutouts, 7.00 Av Rat>

DR - Cord Fuentes<36(3) Apps, 1 Goal, 25 Goals, 7 PoM, 8.16 Av Rat>

DC - Aitor Jimenez - <37(1) Apps, 4 Goals, 7.50 Av Rat>

DC - Juan - <22(13) Apps, 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.34 Av Rat>

DL - Carlos Mora<39 Apps, 2 Goals, 13 Assists, 2 PoM, 8.15 Av Rat>

MC - Cristian Spataru<21(20) Apps, 5 Goals, 5 Assists, 7.52 Av Rat>

MC - Paulo<42(6) Apps, 2 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.52 Av Rat>

AMR - Kjetil Rimau - <44(2) Apps, 21 Goals, 24 Assists, 9 PoM, 8.40 Av Rat>

AMC - Ruben Seoane<36(18) Apps, 11 Goals, 12 Assists, 8 PoM, 7.75 Av Rat>

AML - Eloy Gonzalez<29(12) Apps, 15 Goals, 5 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.46 Av Rat>

ST - Albert Alvarez<40(44) Apps, 45 Goals, 7 Assists, 10 PoM, 7.65 Av Rat>

Stubstitutes

GK - Ivan Cameli<17 Apps, 6 Goals Allowed, 11 Shutouts, 7.06 Av Rat>

DC - John Ravndal<37(9) Apps, 1 Goal, 7.19 Av Rat>

AML - Matic Rozman<31(12) Apps, 14 Goals, 9 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.46 Av Rat>

MC - Manuel Aguiar<18(13) Apps, 1 Goal, 8 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.50 Av Rat>

ST - Damian Foley<18(12) Apps, 19 Goals, 5 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.23 Av Rat>

DR - Joaquim Bras<19(13) Apps, 19 Assists, 4 PoM, 8.00 Av Rat>

AMC/ST - Somalia - <19(5) Apps, 8 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 PoM, 7.39 Av Rat>

The History

Club Achievements

29/30         1st            Winners         Semifinals           Semi-Final              N/A
30/31         1st            Winners           Winners               Final                N/A
31/32         1st            Winners           Winners           Quarter-Final            N/A

Trophy Case

Romanian Supercup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2031
Liga I: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032
Romanian Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032
League Cup: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2032

Champions League: 2031 Runners-Up

Career Goals

Liga I               26             34
  Cupa Romaniei            23             24
    League Cup             2              11

Archived