[FM16] Neuchâtel Xamax: Back to Glory (Youth Academy Challenge)

goktugerce

Also just caught up, wow. :applause:

Love the players, updates, fashion you beat Basel, it's all going on. Crazy they had Balotelli?

You'll directly qualify for the Champions League group stage being league winners, correct?

@Jupjamie if you say so :D 

@MaxPowerWAFC, @tyler16; glad you like it! I did directly qualify for the CL group stage, though I didn't quite enjoy being drawn against PSG, Arsenal and Wolfsburg. Balotelli has been with them for over five years now and been a pretty great servant.

I forgot to write about my intake last year, but here are the two players I tagged:

Emre Güler (23A)
Luca Meyer (23B)

To me, Meyer is the better of the two but I didn't have any particularly pleasing players from intake last year.

But Muratovic (19B) has won the first continental award for the club!

1fb0e5f1e0d6483fb8460588eeb7f00e.png

6 hours ago, thehazeofspades said:

Definitely keep on going! It would be fun seeing you try to conquer Europe, but also the league won't be easy because Basel can sign players and strengthen while you can't

Thanks! You're definitely right, as they signed some quality players this season and are now sitting top of the table after 20 weeks. I'm hoping for a rivalry.

Youth Intake 2024
ff94e9b618c84e23bd613c650068d5e6.png

This year, I hired a new Head of Youth Development in David Andreoli and it paid off. He has 18 JPA, 19 JPP and 12 Working with Youngster with Balanced personality (would want Professional but it's okay), and he brought a world star for me!
I am tagging four players this season, and I am most definitely sure that Hrvoje Anic will be a superstar. I cannot say enough about him, I suggest you to have a look on his profile. Can already play in first team and it looks like I have to change my formation to accommodate 2 forwards, because I have to play Di Finizio (20A) as he will be an Italian NT player soon. Other than Anic, I'm hopeful that Sellier, Husic and Basic can be rotation pieces in a title contender.

Hrjove Anic (24A) | Maximilien Sellier (24B) | Sead Husic (24C) | Almir Basic (24D)

Name                              Position               Apps            Goals        Asts            Value
Ebwelle (16B)                 GK                           54                  -                 -              €33.5K
Delaporte (16C)             DR (MC)                 151                1                2              €74K
Bach (16D)                      MC                         225                5               25             €1.7M
Victor Silva (16E)            DC                          187                3                -               €145K
Silva (17B)                       GK                          245                -                 -               €100K
Pinault (18B)                   AMR                       160               37             37             €9M
Zamaku (19A)                 ST                           140               48              6               €3.6M
Muratovic (19B)             AMC                       167               29             41             €15.25M
Aeschlimann (19C)        GK                           19                  -                -               €33.5K
Hyka (19D)                      AML                       151               20             31              €950K
Bassi (19F)                       DL                           87                3                8               €450K
Di Finizio (20A)                ST                          126               63              9               €9.5M
David (21A)                      DR (DC)                  79                2                3               €1.6M
Siegrist (21B)                   AMR (MC)              81                6                20             €1.5M
Bertrand (21D)                DC                          27                -                  -               €42.5K
Sabanovski (21E)             DL                          17                2                 2              €100K
Tomasic (22A)                  ST                           -                   -                  -               €61K
Guichard (22B)                DC                          6                  -                  -               €58K
Güler (23A)                       DC                           -                   -                  -               €48K

Old Players
Name                              Position               Apps            Goals        Asts            Value           Club              Transfer Fee
Baldi (17A)                      ST                           60                  30             7               €3.2M         Luzern           €4M

Any idea how you plan to use Anic? Have to admit the lack of vision throws me off a bit but I'm probably be stupidly critical. :lol:

Looks something like a direct second forward to me perhaps. Could even work as an inside forward.

Interested to see how you develop him and how long you can keep hold of him!

15 hours ago, tyler16 said:

Any idea how you plan to use Anic? Have to admit the lack of vision throws me off a bit but I'm probably be stupidly critical. :lol:

Looks something like a direct second forward to me perhaps. Could even work as an inside forward.

Interested to see how you develop him and how long you can keep hold of him!

Honestly, I have no idea. I have a star AMR, star AMC, and a star ST already. In addition to those, I have pretty good AML and another ST. What would you do in that case?

I can't come up with a solution to play with 2 forwards, AML-AMC and AMR.

nU4XRXZ.png

Neuchâtel Xamax | Season 2023/2024 | End of Season Update

H7bXECO.png

Swiss Super League

c0071fe75e024273bd0d4f6879ab7550.png

I'll consider this as an okay season. I know we were the title holders but Basel was going to come back, and Young Boys had been hanging around the top three for a while now. They finally finished as champions. We started the season with 0 points from 3 matches, and that probably was the reason we finished third. Champions League and playing extra six games also was difficult for my team. Next season will be better. We just need to be more consistent. I mean, after starting with 0 points in 3 games, we won 5 consecutive games, and didn't win another game for eight matches.

League Team Stats League Player Stats | Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2 | League Team of the Season

9a7Tsb2.png

Swiss Cup

67c8ab21783c43b2b2d6158a2bb210f9.png

A disappointing season in Swiss cup. We lost to Luzern (who finished the season fifth in the league) at home in third round.

63aPmNK.png?2

UEFA Champions League

ae6c816e510542ceb7ceec0f1c5d65fd.png

Well, that didn't go well, but to our defense the group was very difficult. PSG, Wolfsburg and Arsenal in our first season. I'm going to look on the positive side and say that at least we scored a goal... Well, not much to say about it. Maybe Euro Cup will be better for us to get familiar with the European scene.

7762447cc74043858504ca7250b43709.png

Top Goalscorer Fans Player of the Season End of Season Awards Overall Best Eleven

Squad Finances Transfers

News

It's getting boring for our U18 side now. Sixth title in seven years. They also won the cup this year! Youth facilities are currently under construction. When I saw this, I thought it would be good to try a challenge. I would rather prefer Switzerland but I'll try to have some fun.

Next Season

It should be all about qualifying for Champions League via finishing top two in the league and maybe finishing top two in group stage in Euro Cup. I need to figure out how am I going to play with an AML, an AMR, and AMC and two strikers though. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions!

Inevitable day has come. Muratovic (19B) has left the club for Tottenham with a transfer fee of €25M and €2M bonuses, plus 30% of profit from his next sale. He only had one year left in his contract, so I cashed out on him. 

e120f2cde0f7461d9ae26349cea2277e.png

Amazing player, really. He played in 183 games for the club, scored 33 goals and assisted 45. Had become a club legend. Played in 28 national team games, scoring 3 goals. Had a worldwide reputation.

67f5e481894849d5848972900bcdd9cd.png

Very quick update.

0536a160015046d99df5548ff85d40cb.png

Can't quite believe it. Only loss (4-5 to Ajax) came after I guaranteed first place. Got two draws against Arsenal (0-0 and 3-3). Had four clean sheets. Got Villarreal in next round though. If I beat them, I will face the winner of Lazio-Sevilla.

525f242911c747699eab7c835915c976.png

League is really fun this season. Just beat Thun 1-3 away before the winter break and leapfrogged them. Title holders are looking strong!

8b4c47a2ead04c74b0a5384f0b03e40a.png

Di Finizio (20A) has 16 goals in 25 matches. Got called up to the Italian National Team but didn't play. His time will come!

b2003070abe34b4fadb7c072d2bb8572.png

Hrvoje Anic is developing nicely and getting more and more involved. Has 6 goals in 6 assists in 8 (8) matches. Also has 5 in last three.

Archived