computer continue to asign the same player to me team

As the title says the computer continue to assign the same player to my team in ECHL over and over again

It is annoying because i have to go to the tactic screen and assign the goalie to the lineup before every match

Obs! the player is never called home he is in my team the entire time.

Hmmm...here's what I think is likely happening:

The NHL teams have "farm teams" where they can put players who are signed professionals but not playing for the NHL team.....the farm teams or "affiliations" play in the AHL (below the NHL) and the ECHL (below the AHL)

So (just like IRL) when you GM an AHL team or an ECHL team you do not have total control of your roster! Usually the majority of players on AHL/ECHL teams are not contracted to those teams (they're contracted to a "parent club"). The parent club (usually the NHL team) can move players between leagues as it sees fit - sounds like a player from the NHL (or maybe AHL) team "above" you and is being sent down.....you can check and see who your affiliations are, and who the player is contracted to

You misunderstood me. The goalie is contracted to an AHL team (Stockton). The problem is what they are reasigning him to my team over and over again without calling him back.He is always on my roster but i get a message that hi is reassigned to my team

and he is removed from the lineup in the tactics screen.

You misunderstood me. The goalie is contracted to an AHL team (Stockton). The problem is what they are reasigning him to my team over and over again without calling him back.He is always on my roster but i get a message that hi is reassigned to my team

Sounds like a bug/something Riz'll have to look at, which he can do if you upload your save :)

Are you sending the player back up to Stockton and then Stockton sends him right back down to you or is something else happening?

The even funnier version of this bug is the one where you play as Allen Americans who have an affiliate team in the ECHL with them (why this is allowed by the league is beyond me). The affiliate team would send me Mike Wall over and over, at first it was merely annoying. Later I realized that they would send him back during "continues" and since I was playing with my coach doing all lineups and roster selection, and him having pretty low judging player ability he would routinely play him over my real goalies. Which was not only causing a lot of losses, but also meant that my roster went up to 21 players, which is not allowed in the ECHL. Causing the game to drop my "worst" defenseman to free agency during "continues" without any input from me. As a player you get the warning message stopping you from assigning players to an affiliate with a full roster (even when in the off-season when no such rules are currently in place, making roster management a treat). Sadly the AI does not get this and can just happily ruin your lineup during continues all it wants. It pretty much means you cannot plays as Allen in the ECHL, which is kind of sad.

Actually managed to find that old save game again, so going to upload it. Not the exact same issue as the one in this thread, but related enough that making it's own thread feels like overkill.

File name is "AFFILIATE TROLLING". To replicate the issue all you have to do is re-assign Wall to Idaho, then hit space. He will be re-assigned during the continue before the game, get selected by the coach, get dressed by the coach so he can't be dropped from the roster automatically (due to being selected as one of the goalies) then the "worst" D-man on the roster, Syvret, will be removed from the roster and be dropped to free agency. No news item will warn you of this happening either, so if you are spamming space you might not notice for a while.

• SI Staff

I've looked into the Stockton goalie situation and will have a tweak included in the hot fix for it.

The Allen issue is a bit different. When there is an affiliation which has a set goalie and/or skater limit applied, then the game does not enforce the roster limit when the upper affiliate wants to send someone to the lower affiliate. In these cases, the lower team knows there is an affiliation that can send them X goalies and Y skaters, so the roster limit check is not applied before the assignment. In this kind of an affiliation, the upper team can always send down as many goalies/skaters are part of the affiliation limits and the lower affiliate is left to handle the situation against possible league roster limits. So this seems more of a data issue, where this affiliation probably should not be set like this in the DB ?

The AI handles it the same as a human, I've tried the save and added myself as a manager at Idaho and can re-assign Wall to Allen due to the specific affiliation setup between the two teams. So the issue here is not to do with Idaho being AI, the issue is simply down to the kind of affiliation setup between the two teams.

Alright, good to know. It just seemed weird that a team in the same league can be an affiliate at all (not allowed in football at least) and that a team in the same league would count as the upper affiliate is weirder still. When I was manager of the Oilers and tried to send a player down to the Admirals it kept giving me the warning that it wasn't possible due to their roster being full in the summer (no roster rules active). But once I added a GM to them and released some players they could be sent down. The interesting thing there is that the Admirals start the game with something like 22-23 players on roster, if you recall one of those (contracted to the Oilers) and try and send him back down, you simply can't. But if it's a DB issue I guess I'll take it up with Nino instead.

Archived