Creating my own tactic

Hey everyone,

I decided to create a thread to ask for some feedback and also I think it would help me a lot in the process of building a tactic from the beginning. Last year it was around this time of the year that I finally create a tactic that worked for me and understood completely and this year I want to do the same thing but I want a new one. I’ve read all the stickies, probably all of Cleon’s posts and I watched a lot of rashidi’s videos; they`re just amazing and what they and all the other people who post threads like that do for the game should never be disregarded.

Anyway, I`ll just start. I’m not really good at tactics and usually I don’t really know what I’m trying to do but like I said last year I had a successful tactic that was somewhat inspired by The Invincibles. I realized that it’s easier for me to try and maybe copy or get inspired by a real life tactic that worked. I’m a big Liverpool fan and 2005 was probably the best Liverpool year for me for some time now but surprisingly I decided to replicate what AC Milan did because I’m also a huge Ancelotti fan. But not the one that failed so miserably in the 2nd half in 2005, the one that did it all and won in 2007.

I did some reading and noted some things down :

Milan 4321

Defense

Pragmatic

Deep defensive line, don’t press much in their opponents half(might see 2-3 players closing down )

Narrow midfield defense when opponents attack through the middle

Usually gattuso goes wide to defend milan right side

Seedorf goes left

Attack

Tended to play a lot of through passes

Width provided by wingbacks

Kaka – “The silkiest of enganches, the ruthlessness of a shadow striker, he was unstoppable”

I also have this picture that helped me a bit : http://imgur.com/HjcZlET

I would love more info regarding this if any of you guys know more, I didn’t really follow Milan back then so there are a lot of things that are still unclear to me. Anyway this is the basis:

Formation 4321

Team Shape : Structured <- I know that this was always considered the 3 playmaker tactic, but I think other than those 3 the creative freedom was very limited. Structured should be close to what I want, I didn’t go Very Structured because I thought that the players would be too far from each other as it also increases width.

Mentality: Counter <- From what I read, they didn’t really press high and were pretty patient with the ball when they were allowed. But they did try a lot of through passes and direct balls at times during counter attacking, so I figured Counter was the best mentality for this. Also, I know that Counter is pretty cautious so maybe I will have to add Pass Into Space as well to make them try these sort of passes more often even when not countering.

Roles

I know that the tactical setup in FM is the defensive positions so this is where I need the most help. From what I know, Gattuso used to defend on the right flank at times and Seedorf on the left side turning the tactic into a sort of 442 and replicating this causes a bit of headaches. This is what I started with

GK

WB(S)–CD(D)-CD(D)-WB(S)

DLP(S)

BWM(D)-CM(S)

T(A) - IF(S)

P(A)

I hoped that this way I would defend similar to AC Milan and also attack close to it. I loaded FM Touch just to try things out, started as Liverpool because I thought they had players that can play this way and loaded the first friendly and watched in full.

What I noticed :

Team instructions :

The WB(S) try a lot of long direct passes and sometimes the defenders too. Being FM Touch, I added Shorter Passing as a TI and noticed that they stopped. I did this because I want the long passes to be made by the DLP, Trequartista and the IF(S) mostly.

Player instructions: I didn’t add any instruction to the GK and he hoofed a lot of balls, will tell him to pass short to the defenders or fullbacks, then hopefully they will pass to the DLP and it all starts from there.

Roles:

CM(S) – I’m not sure this is exactly what I wanted, it seems at times he gets too forward and presses too much where I expect him to drop off a bit. A CM(D) wouldn’t be too suited here because he presses more by default so maybe I need to tweak this role a bit. I know that ambrosini dropped a little bit more and Gattuso was the most adventurous one, mostly due to the way he closed down.

BWM(D)-Also not sure this is what I need, I may need to switch to support because he doesn’t support attacks very much and I know gattuso used to do that at times. In defense he was ok, I saw him a bunch of times defending on the right side due to his pressing settings.

IF(S)- This is where I am most confused because I don’t really know what Seedorf did. I know that he appeared in the central area a lot and linked with Kaka and Inzaghi in passes but I’m not sure how much of a playmaker he was. The reason I went for the IF(S) was that it defends ok on the left side and during attack there were times when I saw him doing exactly what I thought he should – being in the central area, dribbling there and passing to the Poacher or Trequartista. Also he attempted long shots and I know Seedorf did a lot of that.

Trequartista – I think I chose this wrong but still I’m not really sure. I know that Kaka was a playmaker but also a good goalscorer, in my opinion the Trequartista was perfect for this but I found at times he was roaming too much and wasn’t as central as I expected. After 30 mins I changed this role to a SS because I saw that it has Risky Passes selected and I thought it was a good change but it didn’t attract the ball as much as a playmaker.

The rest of the roles I think did ok, pretty much what I expected of them. The Poacher was very Inzaghi-esque and the WB(S) provided width and balance to the side. I won the game 7-0 but it was just a friendly against a lesser side.

Anyway, I’m posting this because maybe some of you guys have any ideas and know how the team played a lot more than me. I’m mainly looking for suggestions about the player roles.

Sorry for the layout, I’m at work right now and couldn’t get any screenshots but I can provide some when I get home. I will play more on this FM touch save just for the tactical side of things until I get this right and then use this tactic on my main save. I know that you need certain players for this to work but I got taken over by a Tycoon on my main save so I should be able to buy them, I just want to get the tactic right first.

Looking forward for your feedback.

I haven't studied any analysis so i'm just going off what you've said.

My first thought was a 41311 for your defensive shape. Seedorf and Gattuso would be the outer CMs to help defend the flanks as you describe. The extra man in CM should help protect your DM and allow the outer CMs to cover the flanks.

I would use Play Out Of Defense to shorten the defenses passing without affecting the rest of the team.

Definitely something I will try. I will have to check if using a CM on the Seedorf role will make him defend somewhat on the left side, maybe something like a CM(A) so he does go forward when needed. I will have to check this.

Play out of Defense may be better as it sets shorter passing only to the defenders; I didn't see any issues last game when players should have passed longer but opted for a short pass because of the TI but it's still only one game and issues may occur and maybe I just didn't spot them.

Thanks for the suggestions

looking at the formation of the 07 AC Milan side, it was more of a 4-3-2-1 / 4-4-2 diamond type affair. Could you not consider lining the formation up on the tactics screen as:

--------------------GK---------------------

--WBs-----CDd-----------CDd-----WBs--

--------------------------------------------

----------BWMs---DLPd---BWMd---WPa--

-----------Eng------------------------------

----------------------P----------------------

This would defend in a 442 and attackin in a 4321 as the WPa (Seedorf) would advance and tuck in centrally and then drop to defend the flank. The BWMs (Gattuso) would do as you have seen - drifiting wide to press but also advance to support the attack. The Pirlo role is the DLPd, the Ambrosini role is the BWMd wjo will press in his own half but not advance much more. I've set Kaka as the Enganche as they roam less than the Trequarista and defend better. Inzaghi is the classic Poacher. The WBs just act as support shuttlers.

looking at the formation of the 07 AC Milan side, it was more of a 4-3-2-1 / 4-4-2 diamond type affair. Could you not consider lining the formation up on the tactics screen as:

--------------------GK---------------------

--WBs-----CDd-----------CDd-----WBs--

--------------------------------------------

----------BWMs---DLPd---BWMd---WPa--

-----------Eng------------------------------

----------------------P----------------------

This would defend in a 442 and attackin in a 4321 as the WPa (Seedorf) would advance and tuck in centrally and then drop to defend the flank. The BWMs (Gattuso) would do as you have seen - drifiting wide to press but also advance to support the attack. The Pirlo role is the DLPd, the Ambrosini role is the BWMd wjo will press in his own half but not advance much more. I've set Kaka as the Enganche as they roam less than the Trequarista and defend better. Inzaghi is the classic Poacher. The WBs just act as support shuttlers.

You may have seen it already but there was a great thread from last year that looked at this formation: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424563-O-Christmas-Tree!-Playing-like-Ancelotti-s-Milan

First of all thanks for the replies!

That thread and marsh92's idea made me realize that thinking to move the IF a little bit lower might be a good idea. It's also good for me that someone else thought of using a ML instead of AMC for the Seedorf role, this might mean I'm on the right track.

Regarding that thread, that is about the 2004,even 2005 tactic that Ac Milan used that provided be with one of the best nights of my life when Liverpool took advantage of the defensive problems it had. That tactic evolved in what I'm trying to replicate when Seedorf was moved further up and another holding midfielder was added near pirlo in Ambrosini. But it's definitely a good inspiration

Anyway I took your advices and went on for the next friendly which was against Bayern, so much tougher opposition. I changed the IF(S) to a WP(A) to see if its a little better defensively and behaves like how I think Seedorf did and I changed the Trequartista to an Enganche, mainly because I never tried this role and wanted to see if maybe it just clicks.

Bayern fielded a 4141 so it was going to be a little bit tough for my AMC. I started again with no TIs but I changed the keeper distribution to my fullbacks and shorter passing.

It took a couple of minutes for me to see again that indeed my wingbacks were trying too many long passes but this time I opted for the Play out of the defense TI to see how it behaves. I thought it was better but noticed then a lot of forward and direct passes by my CM(S) and BWM(D), mainly for the poacher instead of trying to play with the Enganche or with the WP(A). I'm thinking maybe the Shorter Passing TI is still better suited here so it limits their passing as well.

The Enganche was really shut down, I'm not really decided on the role yet but he didn't offer much this game. I need my player here to take the ball, dribble and create opportunities and the Enganche doesn't do that so I still have to experiment with this. Might also be that he was shut down by their defensive midfielder and didn't have a chance to do much.

The BWM(D) again didn't offer options so I switched to a BWM(S) because with the defend duty he didn't get forward enough.

For the CM(S) I told him to Close down less hoping that maybe he wasn't as much out of position as the last game, I thought things were better but still there were times when he wasn't central but rather trying to run at people. Not decided on this role yet but I know a BWM isn't what I want here because he would close down even more. Might need to tell him to hold position or switch to a CM(D) and tell him to close down less.

The WP(A) was very good defensively, exactly what I expected but wasn't very central when going forward, his average position was still somewhere to the left side and I would have liked him a little bit closer to the AMC. I tried in the 2nd half to get him to Go Further Forward hoping he be more central when attacking and that was better. I'm still not sure if this is the role but it definitely looks better than the IF(S) I was using before.

Right now I'm decided on starting with the TI Shorter Passing because the team passes much better with it and it limits the forward passes to the Poacher. For the next match I will change the CM(S) to a CM(D) and tell him to close down less and will start with a BWM(S). For the Kaka role I will try the Shadow Striker to see how he behaves and for the Seedorf role I'm sticking with the WP(A) so far hoping to see better linkage between him and the SS.

Looking forward for more feedback from you guys! I'm sure there are a lot of things I didn't spot but I'm only at the beginning and trying to understand how it all should work so if anyone wants to watch the Bayern game here it is : https://mega.nz/#!FtI3CZxT!ctIChp-QlRgJrtqwnATE1hU8xgmlWVdFPJKPSOcGjrg

The reason for the players sitting so deep - and the WP/a not getting as far forward and central as you'd like may be down to the Counter mentality. As you say, it keep things patient and tight, relying more on players being in their "defensive" positioning (the position marked out on the tactics screen). On a higher mentality - control/attack you would see more of the forward and supporting movement you require, this *may* also lead to less passes from the WB/s to the P. Just a thought, but you seem to be on a good track. Interesting about the Enganche role, i do like the Shadow Striker. The AP/a role with some aggressive P.I's may also work.

What was the score/possession/stats v Bayern? I'm in work so cant view the match.

I'm at work as well but as far as I recall it was something like 50-50 possession wise with Bayern. Interesting about the Counter mentality, I think I was pretty set that this was the right mentality but I'm not so sure now. I think Control might be way too much but maybe with some tweaking, or I can try balanced but I never really used that mentality.

Anyway I'm planning to play the next friendly when I got home and to post some screenshots, maybe that way it would open my eyes and you guys can see better how the team is really set up

A WP-S is a playmaker role which always operates a bit deeper than other non-playmaker roles with the same duty. Whatever the team mentality I would expect the same positioning relative to his teammates. I don't think Seedorf was a playmaker in the team, a WM role would probably be more accurate if you want to stick with that formation.

From the limited analysis and video's i've seen i'd say counter is the mentality, at most Standard. Why would you jump from Counter to Control? It's a massive change.

I wouldn't switch to Control because I think its way too much of a change, that's what I said but it still is something to think about. I think you`re right about the Seedorf role, I watched some Milan videos on youtube and he didn't see much of a playmaker, rather a hardworking midfielder but still very technical and with a great shot. WM role is definitely something I should try

The problem is creating the Movement of the Seedorf role. Forget about what FM calls the roles, the WP/a role offers the best Outside > Inside > Outside movement to go from a flat midfield line on defence to a staggered pseudo-xmas tree formation in attack and back again.

A WM, regardless of P.I's will not sit as narrow and forward in attack as a WP/a - he will go down thew line and then cut inside - sort of like a deeper Inside Forward - definitely not Seedorf's movement. I have created many systems utilizing this system, i know what I'm talking about. Using a WP/a will often see him sitting in the central AM zone.

I still have doubts however that using a more defensive mentality such as counter will enable you to see this behaviour fully as it is on attack that the movement is needed/made.

So you'd need to compromise - get the positioning and movement you want of the Seedorf role or get the exact AC Milan mentality.

The problem is creating the Movement of the Seedorf role. Forget about what FM calls the roles, the WP/a role offers the best Outside > Inside > Outside movement to go from a flat midfield line on defence to a staggered pseudo-xmas tree formation in attack and back again.

A WM, regardless of P.I's will not sit as narrow and forward in attack as a WP/a - he will go down thew line and then cut inside - sort of like a deeper Inside Forward - definitely not Seedorf's movement. I have created many systems utilizing this system, i know what I'm talking about. Using a WP/a will often see him sitting in the central AM zone.

I still have doubts however that using a more defensive mentality such as counter will enable you to see this behaviour fully as it is on attack that the movement is needed/made.

So you'd need to compromise - get the positioning and movement you want of the Seedorf role or get the exact AC Milan mentality.

Got to disagree a bit here on how forward/deep the roles get. From what i've seen recently changing a player between these exact roles&duties with no other tactical changes, a WP-S plays deeper than a WM-S who has been given the same PIs, this was using the same player (Coutinho).

Back in the slider days, the playmaker roles would have:

1. Lower Mentality

2. Higher Creative Freedom

3. You could tell the team to focus passing to a playmaker in the TI.

From what i've seen I have no reason to think the playmaker roles don't still do this, hidden under the UI.

Width i'm inclined to agree. I remember seeing a massive difference playing Mata as a AP-S in AMR then playing him as a IF-S. He would drop almost to a MCR position both in depth and width.

I'm still not sure a 4411 looks right and think 41311 looks better from what i've watched (but that's limited).

Thanks guys for the help so far !

Finally got home and played the rest of the friendlies using your suggestions. First thing I wanted to see was the difference between the WP(A) with Get Further Forward and the WM(A) with Cut Inside, Dribble More, Sit Narrower, Cross less often, More Risky Passes, Get Further Forward(basically trying to get him to be more central when attacking). While the defensive side of things was similar, both defended ok, with the WM(A) being just a bit more aggressive but that comes with the difference in mentality. On the attacking side of things, I saw the WM(A) being central at times but also a bunch of times he would move wide on the left side and only cut inside in the final third. This is his heat map (I'm very bad with pictures, no idea how to embed them):

http://imgur.com/BN9C4ul

As for the WP(A) with Get Further Forward PI, he was a little bit more solid defensively and going forward also he was more central. But there were times when he wasn't as central as I wished. This is his heat map :

http://imgur.com/oEHAwAo

I don't really know which one behaved best to be honest, I just liked the WP(A) more so I stuck with him. I'm not even sure if I should just stick to using just one role, maybe if I have a player with better vision I could use the WP(A) and other times I can go for the WM(A).

Overall, after 8 friendlies I was only defeated by Real Madrid in a match where they scored from a corner and one long shot, so that was pretty ok. These were all friendlies without Firmino, Benteke and Henderson so not the best squad but the players didn't really matter I just wanted to see the tactical side of things. I have some screenshots just so you can see how the team is looking and maybe spot potential problems.

This one is from an attacking play:

http://imgur.com/BmjZHEA

Here the ball was won by the CM(D), layed it off to the WP(A) who switched for the BWM(S) and then passed it to Coutinho. He takes the ball and does what I expect from him, dribbles and creates space. This allowed the Right Wingback to get forward, the BWM(S) and the WP(A) are also making forward runs while the Poacher is just waiting for the play to get in the final third. One thing to note here is that the DLP(D) was completely ignored , I think this is where my next focus should be.

http://imgur.com/lwdWhCq

As Countinho gets forward we can see that there is a lack of width on the right side, the WB(S) is getting forward but slowly so this is also something to check in other games. He opted for the pass to the WP(A) but overhits it, which allows for the BWM(S) to get further forward. The WP(A) switched back to the BWM(S) and he scores.

I'm not sure if the DLP(D) and CM(D) should do a lot more since they are on defend duty and on Counter mentality but it gets me thinking.

In 8 games I have received 4 goals and I had games against Bayern, Real Madrid, Napoli, Porto and Benfica among other lesser teams. The Bayern one was a freekick, the Real Madrid I've already mentioned and this is the Benfica one.

http://imgur.com/ywuC4hj

This was the hardest game because Benfica were using a 4231 and caused a bunch of problems for my side. Here we can see the CM(D) going in for the tackle on the Benfica player. There is at least one Benfica player unmarked because the DLP can only mark one and also the space between the CD(D) and the left wingback is huge and definitely a place to exploit. What happens here is that the CM(D) misses the tackle.

http://imgur.com/RdT0rrB

This allowed their midfielder to pass to Jonas who was unmarked, my CD tries to close him down which opens space for Pizzi and scoring was just easy for him there.

I knew that the 4231 would cause a lot of issues for me and I really need to understand how to counter it properly. I played 2 more games against the 4231, Home with City and Away to Norwich. Against City I lost 1-0 but I feel it could have been more. I won against Norwich so I'll need to watch these games carefully and see what goes well and what doesn't.

If anybody is interested, there are the PKMs for the games against City and Norwich:

https://mega.nz/#!Jp4HVTjD!9kSo9mG7MdO0Ou_L4g2FVjBhvdxkS--TZp5eK91tJHQ

https://mega.nz/#!Vt5S2YyY!DzVx1ghJEh2SxXJK8lFKBmKlOY1wTP_SWlMe0bQtAl0

Got to disagree a bit here on how forward/deep the roles get. From what i've seen recently changing a player between these exact roles&duties with no other tactical changes, a WP-S plays deeper than a WM-S who has been given the same PIs, this was using the same player (Coutinho).

Back in the slider days, the playmaker roles would have:

1. Lower Mentality

2. Higher Creative Freedom

3. You could tell the team to focus passing to a playmaker in the TI.

From what i've seen I have no reason to think the playmaker roles don't still do this, hidden under the UI.

Width i'm inclined to agree. I remember seeing a massive difference playing Mata as a AP-S in AMR then playing him as a IF-S. He would drop almost to a MCR position both in depth and width.

I'm still not sure a 4411 looks right and think 41311 looks better from what i've watched (but that's limited).

to be clear, i am talking about a WP/A not a WP/S... I mean Defensive TEAM Mentalities... And yes, the 41311 looks better but we need to remember that the tactic creator represents the defensive shape, and this AC Milan side - as highlighted in the OP - was more 442/4411 than the 41311 shape commonly seen (that's more the average shape in transition/attack).

I dont understand the relevance of your list with regards my post?

My interpretation from what i've seen is different from yours maybe because I haven't seen what you've seen or you haven't seen what i've seen? I'm not going to base my opinion on someone elses, i'm going to base it on photo/video footage such as this

No idea what "I mean Defensive TEAM Mentalities" is regarding?

"A WM, regardless of P.I's will not sit as narrow and forward in attack as a WP/a" is the part I only partial agree with (narrow), I don't agree saying a WP/A sits more forward than a WM/A.

Whatever the duty, typically a playmaker role will play deeper than a non-playmaker role of the same duty. WP/A vs WM/A etc, i'd say the heat maps Kuldaniss provided in post 13 show this.

That video is so good. I realized that the CM(D) and the DLP(D) are really not doing enough of what I want. They are really good at defending but going forward they offer close to nothing. I really need to take a look at this when I get home, any suggestions to what I can do? You can see in my screenshots that they are way deep and close to each other and I noticed in my games I don't really feel a "Pirlo" in my team. Might need to change the DLP to a support duty and see how it plays or change him to a DM and use a Regista but I think he would roam too much.

Regarding the WM(A)/WP(A) debate, it's pretty clear that the WM(A) goes forward a lot more but the issue here was the forward movement. The WM(A) goes wide and cuts inside in the final third, which is not really what I want. The WP(A) goes centrally much sooner than the WM(A) but he doesn't get as much forward. That's why I used the PI to Get Further Forward, but still it's not really to where I want. This is where Marsh made me realize that this is linked to the Counter Mentality and I have to decide if I stick with it and get used to the fact that the WP(A) will not behave exactly like Seedorf, or I can think of using TIs or change mentality. Right now I'm pretty content with the Counter mentality and the way the WP(A)+Get Further Forward behaves, but this may change in the future.

My next focus now will be on the midfield roles like I said. Thanks for the video summatsupeer, really made me realize that a CM(D) and DLP(D) might be way too defensive.

"A WM, regardless of P.I's will not sit as narrow and forward in attack as a WP/a" is the part I only partial agree with (narrow), I don't agree saying a WP/A sits more forward than a WM/A.

Whatever the duty, typically a playmaker role will play deeper than a non-playmaker role of the same duty. WP/A vs WM/A etc, i'd say the heat maps Kuldaniss provided in post 13 show this.

perhaps my typing was a little rushed, I meant the WP/A would sit more Centrally (narrow) Forward as opposed to just "Forward". And yes, the Playmakers roles generally sit deeper, but again, this is where the OP needs to make thier mind up and possibly compromise. Sure, Seedorf gets forward to support attacks but he does also return to the deep left position to defend. Here the use of a WP may be of benefit over a WM/A as he will be able to retreat quicker to his defensive positioning and as opposed to still be retreating from the byline the WP/A will also be retreating from a Central zone, possibly helping break up a play out of the back scenario - midfield domination of numbers and all that.

Im going to suggest for the Midfield issue, maybe looking at BWM/S with Get Forward, Dribble More and Shoot More P.I's. It will require tweaking to your needs but i think it works as an excellent dynamic yet defensive option from midfield.

Hey Marsh, thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean here using another BWM(S) and have the DLP(D) between them? I have to say , I'm really starting to like the BWM(S) role. I never figured I would get a role like the BWM to score and offer things offensively but this just shows how little I know of the game and what roles do. The BWM(S) that I use for the Gattuso role opened my eyes on this. I'm just a little bit sceptical in using 2 BWMs as it may disrupt my defensive shape but I can't know for sure until I try it.

Hey Marsh, thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean here using another BWM(S) and have the DLP(D) between them? I have to say , I'm really starting to like the BWM(S) role. I never figured I would get a role like the BWM to score and offer things offensively but this just shows how little I know of the game and what roles do. The BWM(S) that I use for the Gattuso role opened my eyes on this. I'm just a little bit sceptical in using 2 BWMs as it may disrupt my defensive shape but I can't know for sure until I try it.

i actually use two BWM(s&d) in a 442/433 set up and like it - i use the BWM/s instead of a DLP/s in that set up.

Have a play and see. it suits me, but many wlll say its suicide. Trick is to see what works for your team.

Back with some more feedback. Appreciate your advice with the BWM(S) but it's not really the thing for me. After doing more reading I now know that Ambrosini usually was the one that defended the most and would at times be the holding midfielder, so the CM(D) is the right role for him with Close Down Much Less PI. As for the Pirlo role, I'm now experimenting with the DLP(S) and it is a good change so far. He offers a lot more going forward while still being good defensively, just not as good as before when he had the defend duty. I didn't try the Regista yet, might give it a shot just to see how it behaves.

Seems I have hit a block point. I've moved away from the Liverpool test save to try and use this tactic on my main save but it doesn't really work as well as I expected. I had a lot of money for the league I was playing in and I bought some good players that fit what I needed but so far I only have 2 league wins in about 10 matches. I only have 3 losses, the rest are draws. Now this may be somehow related to the tactical fluidity, my team is not fluid yet with this tactic but I'm not sure exactly how this works and how much the way the team play should be affected by this.

Anyway the main problem was scoring, in 10 games I have scored 5 times. Defensively I think I'm doing pretty good but going forward there are a lot of times when my SS takes the ball and just shoots, or passes it to the Poacher who just shoots. And most of my attacks are long balls to the Poacher which is something I don't really want. I want the Poacher to be the last man the ball gets to and the rest of the players just build up towards the goal, where the Poacher gets involved and hopefully scores. I don't think using the PI Shoot less often would help with this, it's definitely a problem with my setup and my players not having enough options. I'm just now sure what exactly to change. Just as a reminder, this is the setup :

Counter, Structured

Left to Right:

GK

WB(S)-2xCD-WB(S)

BWM(S)-DLP(S)*CloseDownMuchLess-CM(D)*CloseDownMuchLess-WP(A)*GetFurtherForward

SS(A)

P(A)

If you`re interested in PKMs or screenshots I have some in the threads before this one,but can provide new ones as well.

Archived