Very Solid 4-2-3-1 CM

For anyone one thats interested I've been having great success with a 4-2-3-1 CM formation, tried it with multiple teams at different levels and it has been solid both defensively and in attack its even surprised me!

Formation:

Everton%20FM16_zpsgt2m22iv.jpg

Instructions:

Barcelona%202018%20TI_zpsya0ibw6z.jpg

Arsenal Game:

Restricted them to just 1 shot on target.

Everton%20V%20Arsenal%20FM16_zpsf6vudodz.jpg

Tactic Download:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DCE7810ECEEC3365!2121&authkey=!AC-sOXac7tQXWaM&ithint=file%2cfmf

Looks good but what actual results have you had over a full season with it?

Ive done 4 seasons with each team won the league every season with the best defence and attack, kept the tactic simple, logical and balanced which is why its so consistant, as long as both CMs are good defensively the BWM more so you should get great results.

Sorry for the wait been at work...I have played 4 seasons each with Arsenal then Barcelona using this tactic smashing the league and champions league but obviously people are going to say thats only because of the world-class players and all the money they have and not the tactic, so I'm currently testing with Everton who are pretty much broke, got to sell to buy and other than than Stones, Deulofeu, Barkley and Lukaku (who got injured for 5 months at the start of the season) have an aging squad and lots of long term injurys.

Only made 2 transfers:

1st%20season%20transfers_zps3dhbqugf.jpg

Was lucky that I bought Barbosa as Lukaku got injured for 5 months right at the start of the season and Niasse is useless!, the other transfer Poli is the prefect CM/S strong both offensively and defensively, 9 years younger then Barry and definitely an upgrade.

Poli_zpsnbw0cwyq.jpg

Some how we are top after 11 games and loads of injurys! :-)

Table%20after%2011%20games_zpsndzlxoob.jpg

Results_zps0slzfejx.jpg

I have been using the unchanged 4-2-3-1 tactic posted above 90% of the time but did use a more defensive tactic against Man City away pulling the 3 center midfielders back to a deeper position and getting McCarthy to man mark their lone striker, this allowed us to grab a surprise 1 nil win. :-)

Line-up Ive been using with Lukaku out long term injured:

Team%20Selection_zpsfitdwp5n.jpg

Tactic against Man City away:

Team%20Selection%202_zps7c5ufqrc.jpg

Pi's are included in the tactic download I've simply told my 3 center mids to tackle harder and my AF to shoot more often.

OI's are always the same: strikers: tackle harder and show onto weaker foot, all midfielders: close down always plus wingers set to show onto weaker foot.

Update: 22 games into the 1st season really enjoying this Everton save currently top by 2pts after beating Arsenal 2-1 feeling the pressure now never expected to be competing for the title! :)

Archived