potential ability and scout report ..... need help

Hello guys...

I am playing in scottish league with montrose. This is 7th season and i won scottish premiership last season. I am facing few problems in scouting.

1. we have 15 scouts and covering each important nations. But my scouts never find any player below 17 years of age. I have tried scouting nation wise , region wise even u19s competitions also but never found any search showing a guy below 17 while AI teams sign them in 15 years or so. Even tried the filter option also, it never shows anyone below 17 years, so is there any other way apart from the (world ---->transfers---> youth intake) method to find 16 year regens.

2. The best player in my squad have 4 star rating and CA of 160. and most first team players have 150-160 CA ratings. then my 20JCA/20JPA scout found a 17 year guy playing in serbia. according to him he has 2 star CA and 5 star PA(3 gold+ 2 black). after signing him my coach says he have 2 star CA and 5 star PA( 4 gold + 1 black) but his CA is 129 and PA of 131. 7 top level clubs had interest in signing him including barca and RM so i snapped him but his PA is very low. on the other hand my scout found a 17 year guy in dutch league and says 2 star CA and 4.5 star PA(2.5 gold and 2 black) and his CA is 128 and PA of 185. so my question is how one can differentiate between a world class and average regen if scouts with 20/20 shows same star ratings for both and that too after 6 months of scouting.

NOTE- using fmrte i also found few 15-16 year regens with high PA ready to sign and at very low cost but my scouts never find these players.

On the scouting screen you could filter it as

Age - is max - 17

If you have the head scout setting up the scouting assignments, check that he is telling them to look for players of that age - mine I've noticed only searches 17-30 so it might be that.

Scouting assignments are set by me. and in player filter when i search age at max-17 it shows player of 17 year but when age at max- 16 no player other than those who were previously scouted manually.

When scouting for you players you need to set assignments to watch youth competitions, most younger players will not have a high enough reputation to show up on a nation or region assignment.

As a side note why are you using in-game scouts when you're also using a third party tool to identify &/or verify your scout reports?

i have tried to scout u19s for 2 years . one scout each assigned to spain , france , germany , italy and spain but couldnt find any 16 year guy. It always shows 17 or above players.

I never use any 3rd party application to sign players or verify. actually the guy in question was not improving and being professional personality i just checked what went wrong and i am planning to start new save so before that wanted to clarify my doubts regarding PA.

thanks

When you ask your scouts to watch the youth leagues what criteria are you setting? Do you set a minimum CA/PA value & is so what are they?

Also there are restrictions placed on the signing of foreign players under the age of 18 which might offer a partial explanation, this can reduce to 16 for EU players if you have a high level youth development system, what are your youth facilities & youth coaching rated at?

Another factor is the desirability of a move to Scotland for foreign youngsters as scouts are less likely to watch & report on a player who is not interested in moving to Scotland, how does your club & league rep stack up when compared to the major clubs & nations?

As for your question on differentiating between young players with average PA & high level PA the answer is you don't, the system is designed to be vague & uncertain because that's how it is irl, there are more next big thing youngster plying the trade outside the top divisions as adult than who've on to be elite players. Signing youngsters is a crap shoot & you should expect most to not reach the potential that scouts thought they would.

1. when i ask my scouts to watch youth leagues set ca-0.5 star pa-3 star and age from 15-18.

2 my youth levels are not great , average training - average youth facilities - good junior coaching and average youth recruitment. but there is no such restriction from my board.

3. my league changed from 16th to 12th in 6 years. My club is having 3.5 star reputation. montrose, celtic and hearts all are performing well in Europe. celtic went to euro cup finals two times and me this season chamipons cup group stage.

this problem i am facing even in english premier league. it doesnt matter which league i play,my scouts never find anyone below 17. and after having 50+ % of scouting knowledge , no 16 year guy is shown in player search even i removed the realistic transfers etc.

the thing about PA , in fm15 after scouting a guy for 6 months, my scouts were always right about rough idea of his future. i never want every regen to be messi but in this years fm it is more difficult to judge who will become world class. And if you are not playing in top leagues with lot of money you cant buy 10 young regens every year so its difficult to develop world class players.

5 things are important while signing roaming scout. I am listing them ACC to their importance.

1. Scouting knowledge - the more natural scouting knowledge the scout have , the less time it will take to scout that country.

2. Adaptability - highly adaptable scouts can roam faster to give scout reports.

3. &4. JPP AND JPA

5. determination - high determination will help give more scout report in short span of time.

The top 4 are very imp while det is desirable.

Thanks

Just wondering, why do you NEED to find 16 year olds? I'm not trying to offend, i'm just wondering. Thanks:)

Must resist urge to make joke about a certain footballer...

But anyway.. I just scout the youth intake lists and the under 18 leagues, my scouts seem to find them all as they go along, although they very rarely find anyone of that age with anything other than silver stars.. And I will admit my scouts don't seem to be able to find many foreign 16 year olds, always seems to be English or Brazilian (which you can't sign til 18 anyway)

Just wondering, why do you NEED to find 16 year olds? I'm not trying to offend, i'm just wondering. Thanks:)

Many countries produce Regens of 14-15 years old . ( Mostly France , Germany etc ) Till they reach 17 and my scouts find them , the best ones already sign for big clubs. and its not about their current ability. There are many 16 years old guys who were rated 2 gold stars when I scout them manually and very interested to join. I subscribe to top teams and when they chase any 15-16 years Regen i scout and sign them coz my scouts never find these.

What i found in my saves is my scout only shows 16 year or below Regens in the league I am playing. In the search filter also only those players appear. for Eg when i play in Scotland they will find 15 year kid in Scotland but never in any other nation. In FM 15 this was not the case.

Must resist urge to make joke about a certain footballer...

Must resist laughing because it's too soon and inappropiate.. (Fails :))

Also sorry for maybe stupid question, but when I go to: world ---->transfers---> youth intake, will every newgen show or just certain ones!? If so, which ones..?

Archived