Arena Capacity

Hi! I red a conversation where people were discussing about larging the capacity of your team's home arena. They said that they have never been able to make the board to make the ice hall capacity bigger, no-matter how big your average attendance is (not even if there is a sold-out arena every time). I have the same problem. I want to know if anyone have been successful to do this and if this is a bug or not.

I don't think it has ever happened. I managed to get the board to agree to enlarging the arena in EHM2007 by threatening them with resignation but the enlargement was always canceled before building was to be started (finance being given as the reason).

It is my belief that arena expansion was added to the game as a feature to be "enabled" when the game eventually had introduced a working financial model with salary cap increasing and inflation modeled. This never happened and therefore the arena expansion "code" was never enabled. This makes sense since if you could enlarge the arena and increase your income without the rest of the financial world following suit then the game would falter in its finance handling. You'd end up with too much money and nothing to spend it on.

I got arena expansion several times in 2007, but IIRC this was only with teams that "own" their arena.

When playing to improve teams in Europe (FM-style), having them move up the divisions I would use the editor to set the teams to own the arena and insert "realistic" maximum capacity. Never seen "a new" arena built though.

Archived