[FM16] Gunning for Glory. Taking the Arsenal back to the top

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An up and down November, which started with a great win against Chelsea, followed by Champions League victory at home to Sparta Prague. We battered Everton but somehow came away beaten, despite scoring first. We went 3-0 up against Bournemouth, before going down to 10 men and conceding two goals, but held on for the win, and ended the month with an uneventful 0-0 draw in the Champions League against Atletico Madrid.

Nov%202018_zpscx8yr7dr.png

all of which leaves us with a three point advantage in the Premier League

Nov%202018%20table_zpsyq7ksq6s.png

This is a great AAR, I'm loving it.

If I could make some suggestions however it would be to post the squad stats at the end of the season as well as your top scorer and assister as that's always cool to see!

This is a great AAR, I'm loving it.

If I could make some suggestions however it would be to post the squad stats at the end of the season as well as your top scorer and assister as that's always cool to see!

I'm happy to add scoring charts to the end of season review, thanks for the feedback and for reading the thread :)

Apart from dropping 2 points when Watford equalised after 87 minutes, and a narrow defeat to Man City, December was a very good month

Dec%202018_zpshhuhtqut.png

and we have a 4 point lead at the top despite the defeat to City

Dec%202018%20table_zpsr5jpjrb5.png

and I'm on the Manager of the Month shortlist again

Dec%202018%20MOM_zpsjtf7z0le.png

Apart from a heavy second leg Champions League defeat, it was a perfect April

Apr%202019_zpstnrruwtc.png

as we secured the title by hammering Middlesbrough

Champions%202019_zpssyrpd5to.png

ending the month 10 points clear of Man City, with a game in hand

Apr%202019%20table_zpsggauioqk.png

and winning me another Manager of the Month award

Apr%202019%20MOM_zpsom7n23wz.png

This August's fixtures were arguably as tough an opening as we could have had, and to emerge with 9 points from 12, and only a narrow defeat in the other game was a great start

Aug%202019_zps3sctaayx.png

and that start has us behind only Liverpool in the early table

Aug%202019%20table_zpsdyrxwolz.png

and nominated for Manager of the Month yet again

Aug%202019%20MOM_zpsutu8ceia.png

There was to be one final piece of transfer business before the window closed, as I added a left back to the squad

Gaya_zpsnao6lwwt.png

I paid the £70m to meet his release clause because he's a high quality player and meets the age profile of players I have signed, so he'll be a feature for years to come

Gaya%20profile_zpsjlo7mtba.png

This season is set to be massively important. Bring the title home again and we'll join Liverpool on 18 wins, just 2 behind Man Utd. We also require 3 more Capital One Cups (shouldn't be a problem), and 4 more Champions League titles. It's this one that represents the biggest challenge as far as I'm concerned. I'm also hoping over the coming years that some of my youngsters will break into the team, reducing our average age even further.

October started with a good draw in Turkey, we had a perfect 9 points out of 9 in the league, a European win in Ludogorets, and ended with a penalty shoot out defeat to Tottenham

Oct%202019_zps0imm2sbq.png

and resulted in a 3 point lead at the top of the league

Oct%202019%20table_zpsyqqcdlns.png

as well as a Manager of the Month award

Oct%202019%20MOM_zps9rqr2nu2.png

November was a poor month. It started with a decent win against Everton, followed by a mauling of Ludogorets in Europe. We didn't turn up against Man Utd, and were deservedly beaten. The next 2 games defy logic, as first we threw away a 2-0 advantage against Leicester, then stunningly, a three goal lead disappeared against Atletico. The month ended with a narrow, fortunate victory at home to Aston Villa

Nov%202019_zps5hn016go.png

and we end the month top by 1 point, but Tottenham have a game in hand (which will be played on 1st December)

Nov%202019%20table_zpstalazvfn.png

Too much Arsenal success and now Bale is a gooner.:(

Great stuff for you but not pleasant viewing.;)

You shouldn't be too downhearted. Spurs are becoming our biggest challengers on a regular basis. As for Bale, he was available on a free as his Madrid contract expired, and I didn't want him going to another PL rival. It was more of a spoiler for other teams than us actually needed him. Especially as he doesn't fit our usual profile of signing players aged 20-24.

:mad: Absolutely fuming!! Third time on FM16 that I've saved a game to go and do something else (on this occasion cook my son's dinner). Returned to load the game back up, and greeted with the 'saved game could not be loaded' error. It's a cloud save, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it to load or access an earlier version. Can anyone offer any advice before I ask for (yet another) FM16 thread to be closed?

Archived