Sports Interactive Community
Samizdat

What is the Financial Fair Play wage rise punishment?

Hi, I'm playing as Tottenham (16.2) and in February of my second season the club is projected to fail the FFP wage rise regulation.

Can I please ask what is the punishment and when is it applied?

It can be found under the rules of the competition.

It says:

Failure to comply will result in one of the following sanctions:

If remaining in the same division a points deduction of 5 points for the following season.

If player wager expenditure increases above allowed limits a fine of a percentage of the amount overspent will be imposed.

So next season you lose 5 points and you get a fine (I assume this will be at the end of the season).

It can be found under the rules of the competition.

It says:

Failure to comply will result in one of the following sanctions:

If remaining in the same division a points deduction of 5 points for the following season.

If player wager expenditure increases above allowed limits a fine of a percentage of the amount overspent will be imposed.

So next season you lose 5 points and you get a fine (I assume this will be at the end of the season).

Is it not one or the other?

"Failure to comply will result in one of the following sanctions"

Fair point. I allways assumed that both would be imposed when relevant but it indeed says only one of the sanctions wil be applied. No idea then :).

I asked the same question a few months ago and was told that the first punishment is 10% of what you spend over the limit.. (£100,000 for every million basically)

- just as a heads up though - I was expected to fail wages (by something like 8 million) but at the end of the season after receiving all the prize money etc I passed the restrictions easily.

If you fail again After the first warning, you then start the following season with a points reduction (like Portsmouth irl a few years ago)