I won UCL with Man Utd but end of season my European Club Ranking move down 2 place ? Bug ?

Rankings are based on the UEFA co-efficient, so it is entirely possible. They are based on a 5 year rolling total and points are largely awarded on results rather than progress. The team that overtook you may have had a bad season that has dropped off the calculations, thus boosting their score.

Basically as Optimistic Dave said, it's all calculated on co-efficient over a 5 year rolling total. Unfortunately when the end of season came, the 5th year fell off the chart and was replaced with your new score for the season. The likelihood is that you will probably have around the same score, but the ones who overtook you may have played bad in Europe 5 seasons ago and had a good season this year, so their good season replaces their bad season and that gives them a higher total than you.

I hope that made sense :)

It is also not just the Champions League that forms your co-efficient, but also domestic placing (to a lesser extent). I don't know what Man U did 5 years before your season, but it may not have been that much different overall in co-efficient terms.

It is also not just the Champions League that forms your co-efficient, but also domestic placing (to a lesser extent). I don't know what Man U did 5 years before your season, but it may not have been that much different overall in co-efficient terms.

No.

Only European club games, so Europa League and Champions League. A club score also has an average of the nation's clubs' co-efficient, which is why if you're not in European competition you will get (for English teams) 3 to 4 points for that year.

Archived