Creating second nationalities like the BASQUE one: is it possible?

Paolo di Canio

Hi, guys,

as the title shows, I'm wondering if it is possible to replicate the same mechanism of Basque nationality with other geographical areas. So that I could have American players with "Minnesotan" as second nationality, or Italians with "Sicilian", and so on. is there any way this can be created with the new editor?

You can do that, but only by editing the "extinct" nations that already exist in the database (like CIS, pre-1922 Ireland, East Germany etc.). You can't add more nations from scratch.

Hi, guys,

as the title shows, I'm wondering if it is possible to replicate the same mechanism of Basque nationality with other geographical areas. So that I could have American players with "Minnesotan" as second nationality, or Italians with "Sicilian", and so on. is there any way this can be created with the new editor?

Hi

Got your FM scout message.

Not really sure I can help, no expert here but I did as suggested above once. Created the nation, added the people, cities etc but left all the clubs where they were league wise in England. Worked a treat!

So, I created the nation (Corsica) and didn't select the continent, of course, otherwise I'd get a separate nation with an independent national football team, which is not the in-game Basque situation I'm trying to replicate. Then I added the people and the cities, and set all the corsican teams from "based in France" to "based in Corsica". It still doesn't work. What happens is that all the regens that Corsican teams produce are not from Corsica, but from the rest of France, which means they do not get the new corsican citizenship. Only grey players do. Starting to think that the basque nationality mechanism might rely on something that is hardcoded. Anybody can confirm that?

Try duplicating the cities/towns on Corsica:

1) So you duplicate e.g. Ajaccio to make a second city with the same name.

2) Set the duplicated city's nation to "Corsica" instead of "France" - but keep the French local region.

3) Then you make the club Ajaccio based in the Corsican Ajaccio.

4) Do the same with other cities/clubs.

That way, players born in that city should get dual nationality.

I have done this with "ethnic" clubs, e.g. a Turkish community club in Copenhagen, and it worked just fine.

Archived