Quick question about processor upgrade

Hi folks

My current processor is an AMD A4-5300 3.4GHz.

Would I get a decent performance boost (more playable leagues) in FM16 if I upgraded to an AMD A10 5700 3.4GHz (which I think is about the best processor that I can use with my ASRock FM2A55M-DGS R2.0 motherboard)?

Many thanks.

Thanks Welshace. My game play experience isn't too bad now to be fair. The upgrade can be had for around the £80-100 mark which is fairly reasonable. I realise it is a very subjective issue as one man's fine is another man's slow.

If I were to say that I am happy with how my current processor handles 8-10 playable leagues, is it possible to have a rough guess at how many more I could add to that with the new processor and keep the same-ish game speed? A couple more? Twice as many? Or is that just impossible to quantify?

Great news, thanks again. I appreciate that you are kind of guessing in the dark a bit, but now I know that there's at least a chance of a decent improvement I think I'll go for it. I'm after a more immersive game world and just wanted at least some assurance that I was targeting the most appropriate upgrade.

Much appreciated.

EDIT: The trigger has been pulled and it should be here tomorrow morning. Immersion here I come...

Archived