Optimal Game Setup

In the past quite a few of the issues regarding difficulties with the transfer system seem to have stemmed from the ratio of players to clubs one has loaded in the game. Having too large a player data base selected, with too few active leagues seemed to make selling players quite difficult for example. Conversely, loading too few players can make scouting pointless as there is hardly anyone ever available.

What I'd like to know is is there any informed guidance on how to set the game up initially so one is not unintentionally breaking the transfer market?

I normally like to play with all English leagues loaded down to L1, and around 4/5 other top flight European divisions.

Can someone recommend what player database size will give the best experience with this sort of set up, and any other considerations that may impact on this area of the game?

I always load 1 and 2 league in England, Spain, France, Germany and Italy + 1 league from from some other, like Russia, Argentina, Brazil, USA ect. and the leagues in the area I play, if I play in Denmark I load Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland aswell, if I play in England I load Scotland, Ireland ect. Seems to give a good balance with okay game speed, dispite only giving me 1 star, and a good transfer market. Oh and I also have all national rep players from Europe, South America and Contineltal rep players from rest of the world

Archived