Steam Link/Controller

FM15 works fine with Steam Link although it's really not a good game for it, because it doesn't translate well to a very large screen and being played from a distance, which as I suspect anybody using a Steam Link will have it streaming to a television and be playing from a couch, means it isn't great.

It also works fine with the Steam Controller but isn't particularly nice to play like that because quite frankly the Steam Controller sucks when being used as a mouse, and if you're anything like me with FM you'll be frequently searching for things, and typing using the Steam Controller is pretty slow, so overall it's not great either!

Haven't played FM16 but as the UI is pretty much the same, and it's all still entirely mouse & keyboard driven I'd say that it's probably one of the worst possible games to play using either the Steam Link or Steam Controller!

I got my Link and Controller combo yesterday, so I spent a while messing around with it with FM16 and got it working pretty well. First thing I did was change the UI zoom to 125%, because otherwise the text is way too small to read on a television. With it zoomed in, it's not too bad IMO.

I didn't really like the default controller configuration that SI made. The buttons are assigned OK, but the mouse settings are pretty bad. Changing the sensitivity to be really low and the acceleration to be really high helped a lot. I made a config and shared it if anyone wants to try it out and improve on it.

• Administrators
I got my Link and Controller combo yesterday, so I spent a while messing around with it with FM16 and got it working pretty well. First thing I did was change the UI zoom to 125%, because otherwise the text is way too small to read on a television. With it zoomed in, it's not too bad IMO.

I didn't really like the default controller configuration that SI made. The buttons are assigned OK, but the mouse settings are pretty bad. Changing the sensitivity to be really low and the acceleration to be really high helped a lot. I made a config and shared it if anyone wants to try it out and improve on it.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at your configuration tonight. Any feedback on sensitivity and acceleration would be appreciated, I can always change that if needed. How did you find the layout and things otherwise?

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at your configuration tonight. Any feedback on sensitivity and acceleration would be appreciated, I can always change that if needed. How did you find the layout and things otherwise?

You used a lot of shortcuts for the different screens, which is probably a good use of all the extra buttons. I might tweak which buttons go to which screens for my personal config, but it'll probably end up being kind of the same.

And I was having a hard time using the triggers set to full pull for the mouse clicks. I would mouse over something and go to pull it and the mouse would move so I kept missing. I set mine so you barely have to pull it at all to click.

I'm definitely going to keep experimenting with it all to see what works.

• Administrators
You used a lot of shortcuts for the different screens, which is probably a good use of all the extra buttons. I might tweak which buttons go to which screens for my personal config, but it'll probably end up being kind of the same.

And I was having a hard time using the triggers set to full pull for the mouse clicks. I would mouse over something and go to pull it and the mouse would move so I kept missing. I set mine so you barely have to pull it at all to click.

I'm definitely going to keep experimenting with it all to see what works.

You don't need to use the triggers at all actually, you can tap the right trackpad for Left click, double tap for right click which we found came more natural than using the triggers. Thanks for the feedback :)

Archived